R. Rich

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Popeye, mine is Surf and Turf.

287767[/snapback]

That's up there too, but I do love spinach. There's a diner not far from my house that makes excellent spinach and rice side dishes. Too bad they only offer it on the menu every so often though. What kind of surf n turf do you like? Filet mignon and lobster tail is pretty good.

Charlie's Steakhouse sounds a lot like Shula's:  a place with overpriced food and it's ala carte.  No thanks.  My wife and I had a $130.00 bill the first and only time we went there.

287738[/snapback]

You want good steak go to Abe and Louie's in Boston. Expensive, but the bartender really fills the glases, and the bine in fillet is amazing. The hostesses look like they are off the cover of SI Swimsuit.

This is probably the best steak place by far I have ever been, and I have been to some good ones.

Just curious.  Mine is spinach.  Seriously.

287605[/snapback]

Garbage Plate. Usually cheeseburger plate, mac, everything. Sometimes in your honor I'll have a combo plate.

That's the ticket. Another fav is something most people hate. Liver and onions.

287843[/snapback]

You might like baked liver. Be sure to pound it with a mallet, cover with sliced onions and peppers, pour a 50/50 blend of ketchup and water over it, add pepper and a bit of salt, then bard it -cover it with bacon to oil and keep it moist. About a half hour at 350.

I'm probably going to die young as can't get enough fettucini alfredo.

287858[/snapback]

If you eat whole platefuls, yes. Arteries will be clogged and shut in no time. A quarter of a plate of fettucini alfredo, with some antipasto (light on the parmesan) some bread other than garlic toast, a splash of marinara sauce, and a half a cup of ricotta will fill ya up and leave room for a small dish of Italian ice cream (the Italians make the world's best, IMO). :angry:

If you eat whole platefuls, yes. Arteries will be clogged and shut in no time. A quarter of a plate of fettucini alfredo, with some antipasto (light on the parmesan) some bread other than garlic toast,  a splash of marinara sauce, and a half a cup of ricotta will fill ya up and leave room for a small dish of  Italian ice cream  (the Italians make the world's best, IMO).  :angry:

287870[/snapback]

I generally only have it when go out to eat which is usually a handful of times throughout the year. As I don't make it myself nor do I find the frozen versions that tasty (though a few years ago Stouffers had a good version but thanks to my health they changed the recipe and I don't like it as much).

Back to when I go out, I rarely finish the plate in one sitting, I usually end up taking it home and finishing it off around midnight or take it to work for lunch the next day. In terms of the rest of the meal, I'm not big on antipasto salad (I prefer my pasta warm though do enjoy Greek bowtie salad on occasion), I generally get a ceasar salad with some bread and my dessert of choice is cheesecake.

There's a place in Penfield (7 minutes from training camp) called Legends Grill, and their feta-stuffed shrimp, wrapped in bacon, on a bed of spinach is my favorite. Not a cheap place, but exquisite food and service, 12 tables and a fireplace.

I generally only have it when go out to eat which is usually a handful of times throughout the year. As I don't make it myself nor do I find the frozen versions that tasty (though a few years ago Stouffers had a good version but thanks to my health they changed the recipe and I don't like it as much).

Back to when I go out,  I rarely finish the plate in one sitting, I usually end up taking it home and finishing it off around midnight or take it to work for lunch the next day. In terms of the rest of the meal, I'm not big on antipasto salad (I prefer my pasta warm though do enjoy Greek bowtie salad on occasion), I generally get a ceasar salad with some bread and my dessert of choice is cheesecake.

287887[/snapback]

Good! From your original post, I thought it was your daily fare.

Didn't mean to be critical, just some thoughts from an oldster who had to take medication since age 45 for high blood pressure. It's not terribly high - about 150/100 without the daily pill, but cardiopulmonary failure of some type or another knocked off most of my antecedents through the years, so the Doc put me on notice.

Regarding the frozen stuff, my wife has become a big fan of the product line called "Healthy Choice". Their stuff is generally lo-cal, lower in fat, and I don't know, but they might have a fettucini dish for sale. If so, give it a try. My wife thinks their products taste fine. Of course, she's married to me, so I guess you could fairly question her taste... :angry:

That's the ticket. Another fav is something most people hate. Liver and onions.

287843[/snapback]

I'm with you there. Fried liver with onions...covered in ketchup. Good eats.

Something else I love, but wifey hates so I never get to make it at home: lamb. Lamb chops. Leg of lamb. Some mint jelly. Last time I had this was at Harry's Bar in Rome and it's the first time I've ever eaten a meal that gave me an erection.

Something else I love, but wifey hates so I never get to make it at home: lamb. Lamb chops. Leg of lamb. Some mint jelly. Last time I had this was at Harry's Bar in Rome and it's the first time I've ever eaten a meal that gave me an erection.

287933[/snapback]

My Mother makes a great leg of lamb! When she lived in S. Jersey, I'd go there around my birthday every year just for that special dinner. We'd even get to go to the Reading Terminal Market in Philly to pick out the lamb. She uses mint jelly, but I don't. Just the way she seasons it is good enough for me. She also makes it with a side of asparagus, and it is delicious!

287933[/snapback]

The famous Ya-Ya Lamb recipe, I presume? :angry:

Dear R. Rich - Seeing as you like G&M crabcakes, you are obviously a person with fine taste for gourmet food. We started out ordering crabcakes online from Angelina's (also of Baltimore), and we enjoyed those. Then, we heard of G&M crabcakes, so we tried them. We found the G&M crabcakes to be delicious! We think it turns out like a mini crab souffle, with the extra ingredients they combine with the crab meat. I was telling someone how good they were one day, when the person I was talking to recommended I try Timbuktu. To us, the crabcakes from G&M and Timbuktu are very close in quality, and let's face it, LIGHT YEARS beyond your run-o'-the-mill average crabcake that you could still end up paying 20-25 bucks for in a restaurant. I know, I've done it.

Seeing that you like very high quality crabcakes, let me know if you have another recommendation of some other gourmet food we can order on line, because based on your taste so far, I could put 100% of my trust in your recommendation.

Peace Out

Surf. :angry:

I've eaten at Timbuktu before.  They have good crab cakes, but nowhere near as good as this place!  They're the best in the area bar none.

287757[/snapback]

Dear R. Rich - Seeing as you like G&M crabcakes, you are obviously a person with fine taste for gourmet food. We started out ordering crabcakes online from Angelina's (also of Baltimore), and we enjoyed those. Then, we heard of G&M crabcakes, so we tried them. We found the G&M crabcakes to be delicious! We think it turns out like a mini crab souffle, with the extra ingredients they combine with the crab meat. I was telling someone how good they were one day, when the person I was talking to recommended I try Timbuktu. To us, the crabcakes from G&M and Timbuktu are very close in quality, and let's face it, LIGHT YEARS beyond your run-o'-the-mill average crabcake that you could still end up paying 20-25 bucks for in a restaurant. I know, I've done it.

Seeing that you like very high quality crabcakes, let me know if you have another recommendation of some other gourmet food we can order on line, because based on your taste so far, I could put 100% of my trust in your recommendation.

Peace Out

Just curious.  Mine is spinach.  Seriously.

287605[/snapback]

Peace Out

I love Italian food.

Lasagna is my favorite dish. I have a great recipe for it. Trust me, lasagna is a lot better without the ricotta cheese.

I never get sick of pizza.

Spaghetti with meatballs AND italian sausage!!! YUM YUM!!!

My favorite steak is filet mignon, although I have tried chateubriand, and that's awesome too. Throw in some garlic mashed potatos, some string beans & carrots, and you really got something there.

I love the food at Benihana's. It's all good, but the fried rice is fantastic.

Favorite desserts: Lemon Meringue Pie from Marie Calendar's.

Chocolate Chip Cheesecake, although i'm not that picky when it comes to cheesecake.

Rice Pudding. It sounds simple, but it's hard to find at restaurants.

Fried bananas. MMMMMM delicious, especially with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

If I think of more, i'll post accordingly.

I love Italian food.

Lasagna is my favorite dish. I have a great recipe for it. Trust me, lasagna is a lot better without the ricotta cheese.

I never get sick of pizza.

Spaghetti with meatballs AND italian sausage!!! YUM YUM!!!

My favorite steak is filet mignon, although I have tried chateubriand, and that's awesome too. Throw in some garlic mashed potatos, some string beans & carrots, and you really got something there.

I love the food at Benihana's. It's all good, but the fried rice is fantastic.

Favorite desserts: Lemon Meringue Pie from Marie Calendar's.

Chocolate Chip Cheesecake, although i'm not that picky when it comes to cheesecake.

Rice Pudding. It sounds simple, but it's hard to find at restaurants.

Fried bananas. MMMMMM delicious, especially with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

If I think of more, i'll post accordingly.

287956[/snapback]

Ever had proscuitto ham?

My favorite food?

Toss-up b/w spinach and rhubarb from my back yard.

Yes, nothing gets the taste of fear and humiliation out of your mouth like Beebopareebop Rhubarb Pie.

One little thing can revive a guy,

And that is home-made rhubarb pie.

Serve it up, nice and hot.

Maybe things aren't as bad as you thought.

Mama's little baby loves rhubarb, rhubarb,

Beebopareebop Rhubarb Pie.

Mama's little baby loves rhubarb, rhubarb,

Beebopareebop Rhubarb Pie.

I love pesto (olive oil base) over pasta with onions, clams, and mushrooms. Yummy.

287967[/snapback]

Put a little bit of white wine in your pesto before adding the oil - several food flavors are only soluble in alcohol - the reason why a lot of Italian and French dishes use it. It's not added for the alcohol content, it's added to release those compounds. I think you will be pleased.

Put a little bit of white wine in your pesto before adding the oil - several food flavors are only soluble in alcohol -  the reason why a lot of Italian and French dishes use it. It's not added for the alcohol content, it's added to release those compounds. I think you will be pleased.

287972[/snapback]

Cool, thanks for the tip! I'll definitely give that a shot. I don't know if it's the same idea, but I usually use white wine when I sautee sea scallops in butter.......these are about the only two things I can cook lol

Charlie's Steakhouse sounds a lot like Shula's:  a place with overpriced food and it's ala carte.  No thanks.  My wife and I had a $130.00 bill the first and only time we went there.

287738[/snapback]

I go to Orlando every year on business and Charlies 20oz Porterhouse is a #1 priority for me. The steaks are smoked with citrus wood and is worth every penny. My bill is under $40 and thats with the best piece of key lime pie also

I go to Orlando every year on business and Charlies 20oz Porterhouse is a #1 priority for me. The steaks are smoked with citrus wood and is worth every penny. My bill is under $40 and thats with the best piece of key lime pie also

288053[/snapback]

I forgot about dessert......I'm with you, man....Key Lime pie is delicious.

Ever had proscuitto ham?

287962[/snapback]

We make a dish at home that is very expensive, but incredibly delicious.

You get 4-5 pounds of beef tenderloin (which is the loin from which filet minon is cut, so you can see what I mean when I say expensive). You rub a variety of seasonings on the outside and let it set while you take strips of prosciutto and lay them vertically, side by side, for about eight strips. Put the tenderloin at the bottom and start rolling it up in the prosciutto so it wraps the entire piece of beef in the ham, folding the ends in as you roll it up. Broil all sides. Slice into one inch pieces. Insanely delicious.

We make a dish at home that is very expensive, but incredibly delicious.

You get 4-5 pounds of beef tenderloin (which is the loin from which filet minon is cut, so you can see what I mean when I say expensive). You rub a variety of seasonings on the outside and let it set while you take strips of prosciutto and lay them vertically, side by side, for about eight strips. Put the tenderloin at the bottom and start rolling it up in the prosciutto so it wraps the entire piece of beef in the ham, folding the ends in as you roll it up. Broil all sides. Slice into one inch pieces. Insanely delicious.

288136[/snapback]

Sounds magnificent!

I`m old fashioned I guess .. roast beef ..mashed potatoes ,corn ..hot bun`s..damn you got me hungry..my wife is quite the cook ..so anything she makes is alright by me 0:)

288156[/snapback]

Nothing wrong with comfort food. Gimme a big bowl of beef stew any day.