(OT) What's Your Favorite Food?

R. Rich

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Me either.  Actually it smells so rank, I can't even be around when it is eaten.

287612[/snapback]

She actually warned me about it, when i went to Manila, she said "If anyone asks you to try Balut, politely say no" I asked why, and I said "no problem!" :angry:

Worse than kim chee?

287626[/snapback]

Okay kim chee is bad, but I can be around with it. Balut and diniguan are just foul.

Think about balut is a ducks egg that is allowed to grow the duck until the boanes start apearing. Then they stop the process and let them rot for about 28 days and then they eat the things. They like when the duck fetus crunches.

:angry:

Some people boil it like a hardboiled egg, others eat it raw.

Yes it is a lot work.

Dinuguan, is basically pigs blood stew with chili's and vinegar that is boiled so it starts coagulating.

Are you implying something about his wife?  I have met Rich, he may be gentle, but I bet he could hold his own.  :angry:

287705[/snapback]

Oh no...no...no...Yes.

What I mean squire is that R.Rich is a man of the world, you know, he's been around...he's done it...with a lady.

It's a tie. Either chicken wings or Porterhouse steak.

BTW. If you're ever in Orlando, FL and don't mind spending $30 on a steak you gotta go to "Charlie's Steakhouse". Sides not included, but it's worth it.

BTW. If you're ever in Orlando, FL and don't mind spending $30 on a steak you gotta go to "Charlie's Steakhouse". Sides not included, but it's worth it.

287723[/snapback]

Charlie's Steakhouse sounds a lot like Shula's: a place with overpriced food and it's ala carte. No thanks. My wife and I had a $130.00 bill the first and only time we went there.

287723[/snapback]

Is that the place that has an onion loaf? We ate at a steakhouse in Orlando that served some type of onion loaf, basically a bunch of onion rings crammed into a bread pan and baked or something. Can't remember the name of the place but damn that onion loaf was good.

Is that the place that has an onion loaf? We ate at a steakhouse in Orlando that served some type of onion loaf, basically a bunch of onion rings crammed into a bread pan and baked or something. Can't remember the name of the place but damn that onion loaf was good.

287748[/snapback]

I never had that at "Charlie's". Was it served as a free appetizer?

Here's a link

http://www.charleyssteakhouse.com/award.html

The tastiest Barbecue wings in the planet?

http://www.lanova.com/

287723[/snapback]

Porterhouse steaks seldom show up on restuarant menus. The top loin and short tenderloin sections require different cooking times for best results- the tenderloin tends to overcook. Still tastes pretty good, though.

I'm not a fan of loin cuts. They are tender, but I rank them behind rib cuts in flavor, and for intense beef flavor (provided you have marinated them in lemon juice plus whatever), flank and skirt and hanger steak are tops - and don't ever overcook them.

when i first left WNY, i thought wings were my favorite food

when i came back, i went apestevestojan on the wings and can get sick of them pretty fast

never get sick of pizza, spaghetti or steak though...when my fiance went away to visit her folks for a week, i ate spaghetti and meatballs everynight that week