(OT) What's Your Favorite Food?

R. Rich

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a lobster man myself. Really can't get enough.

This is probably the best steak place by far I have ever been, and I have been to some good ones.

Never been to abe and louies. Best steak I've ever had was at a local tavern across the street from a slaughterhouse just outside of Wichita. Incredible.

Second best steakhouse for me is Sparks.

Never been to abe and louies. Best steak I've ever had was at a local tavern across the street from a slaughterhouse just outside of Wichita. Incredible.

288168[/snapback]

If you ever get to the DC area, a small place out of the way, just north of Fredericksburg, VA is The Log Cabin. A little pricey, but the steaks are great, expecially the prime rib. Gotta get there early, they only have it Friday and Saturday, and is usually gone by 7:00. They also make a cajun pasta dish that is excellant also.

288168[/snapback]

Best steak, and steak dining experience, I've ever had was in Dallas. There's a place there called Bob's Steak and Chop House on Lemmon Avenue. From your first beer all the way to your after-dinner drink and cigar, it is by far the best steakhouse bar none.

When in Western NY ,,,gotta have a Beef On Weck...

Rest of the time...baked or grilled  seafood....

288609[/snapback]

Nice avatar, Lew.

I'm no expert, but I think the beef on a weck at Danny's South and at Duff's are both great.

Dear R. Rich - Seeing as you like G&M crabcakes, you are obviously a person with fine taste for gourmet food.  We started out ordering crabcakes online from Angelina's (also of Baltimore), and we enjoyed those.  Then, we heard of G&M crabcakes, so we tried them.  We found the G&M crabcakes to be delicious!  We think it turns out like a mini crab souffle, with the extra ingredients they combine with the crab meat.  I was telling someone how good they were one day, when the person I was talking to recommended I try Timbuktu.  To us, the crabcakes from G&M and Timbuktu are very close in quality, and let's face it, LIGHT YEARS beyond your run-o'-the-mill average crabcake that you could still end up paying 20-25 bucks for in a restaurant.  I know, I've done it.

Seeing that you like very high quality crabcakes, let me know if you have another recommendation of some other gourmet food we can order on line, because based on your taste so far, I could put 100% of my trust in your recommendation. 

Peace Out

287943[/snapback]

I don't know a whole lot about ordering food online, other than stuff like Omaha Steaks, which we've done once before. That's good stuff, but too pricey. My Mother had some buffalo burgers ordered from a place she discovered while in Denver one time, but I can't think of the name of it. As far as stuff around the Baltimore area, I find out a lot of it from co-workers and friends I have here. That's how I found out about G&M. A lady I work with loves their crabcakes and recommended them to my wife and I. We tried them, and they really are the best ones I've had in Baltimore. They're not only very good, but they're HUGE and not too pricey.

My favorite food?

Toss-up b/w spinach and rhubarb from my back yard.

287964[/snapback]

Another spinach lover, eh? Hey, it's great stuff. Plus, it can be prepared a lot of different ways. When I was in NYC on my birthday, I had a salad w/spinach and scallops (another of my favorite foods) with balsamic vinegar dressing. It was tasty!

Another spinach lover, eh?  Hey, it's great stuff.  Plus, it can be prepared a lot of different ways.  When I was in NYC on my birthday, I had a salad w/spinach and scallops (another of my favorite foods) with balsamic vinegar dressing.  It was tasty!

288635[/snapback]

Hey Rich, I have a great pasta recipe that is a white cream sauce with ham and spinach that is easy to make and very tasty. When you say you like spinach, if you like in this type manner, let me know and I'll post the recipe in the TBD Cookbook.

Hey Rich, I have a great pasta recipe that is a white cream sauce with ham and spinach that is easy to make and very tasty. When you say you like spinach, if you like in this type manner, let me know and I'll post the recipe in the TBD Cookbook.

288639[/snapback]

Please do. Sounds like something I'd like to try.

Done. I put it under the Pastas. It has to be reviewed by the Food Nazi for content  <_<  before it is posted, but hopefully will be there soon. Let me know when you try it.

288651[/snapback]

Looks delicious. I ran it thru USDA's nutrition calculator (it's kludgy) and looks like 360 cal per serving. The fat's there at about 36 grams, tho. Kinda like 1 fast-food burger. We can't get around the fact that fat just-plain-tastes good. :doh: