Holocaust Denial

The_Dude

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

People are tribal.  "Racism" is just the newest slur used to demean the opposing tribes.

Nope, its a tool used to divide us. An atavistic tool

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

And, of course, slavery never went away and still existed into the 20th and 21st centuries in many places, including in the US. It just went underground or by different names. 

But it should be noted that slavery that enjoys the protection of the law was a serious cancer on a Republican government. That the law not fights it is a pretty significant change from the past.

7 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

There's a compelling argument to be made - by people much smarter than you (i.e. just about anyone) - that the past 200 years have been an aberration, and the practice of slavery is the rule rather than the exception.

Of course, the same could be said for just about any aspect of Western civilization. 

The bolded: I agree with the idea but I think what we have now is just the new norm and short of Russia or China taking over the world I don't think we'll see a mass return to slavery. 
The underlined: Words hurt, Tammy!

3 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

The bolded: I agree with the idea but I think what we have now is just the new norm and short of Russia or China taking over the world I don't think we'll see a mass return to slavery. 
The underlined: Words hurt, Tammy!

We just offshored it as Americans. Our clothes, our technology, our shoes - all largely built by 21st century slaves. We don't have to see it in our borders though so we can pretend it doesn't exist. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

We just offshored it as Americans. Our clothes, our technology, our shoes - all largely built by 21st century slaves. We don't have to see it in our borders though so we can pretend it doesn't exist. 

Bingo. 

"Look at me, I'm woke as *****! I'm a "Marthas Vineyard liberal" who's educated. I care about minorities and transgenders. I paid $1,200 for my iPhone made in China by a person making $3 a day."

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Bingo. 

"Look at me, I'm woke as *****! I'm a "Marthas Vineyard liberal" who's educated. I care about minorities and transgenders. I paid $1,200 for my iPhone made in China by a person making $3 a day."

What would they be doing without that $3 a day?

53 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

What would they be doing without that $3 a day?

I suggest that you read up on George Pullman and the concept of the company store.  That 3 dollars most likely is going right back to their employer via price gouging on whatever consumer goods exist in their community.  I would hazard a guess that if there is such a thing as a McDonald's in their community that is probably owned by the employer or somebody close to their employer.  I doubt those workers have the freedoms that even the most economically down trodden American has.

24 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

I suggest that you read up on George Pullman and the concept of the company store.  That 3 dollars most likely is going right back to their employer via price gouging on whatever consumer goods exist in their community.  I would hazard a guess that if there is such a thing as a McDonald's in their community that is probably owned by the employer or somebody close to their employer.  I doubt those workers have the freedoms that even the most economically down trodden American has.

Nice reference about Pullman! 

But it I have read about this and many people in Asia depend on these jobs to send money home to villages, just like the Irish, Germans and Italians sent money back home. It's undeniable that living standards are improving in Asia

7 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Nice reference about Pullman! 

But it I have read about this and many people in Asia depend on these jobs to send money home to villages, just like the Irish, Germans and Italians sent money back home. It's undeniable that living standards are improving in Asia

Ah!  But we are talking about China as opposed to Asia in general which includes economic powers such as Japan, Singapore, Hong Kong, and India.  Even in a nation such as India which is fairly open to Western scrutiny things are not perfect as the country still has a hangover from the caste system.  If I had to guess China is one of the most regressive Asian countries of any size.

4 hours ago, The_Dude said:

1. You're completely off to even mention the indians of North America. I mean we're talking about the early 17th century during the first colonies to the early 20th century. That doesn't smack of a willful genocide. You're also using a great many deaths due to sickness as part of your genocide, and that's not exactly true.

2. Which one in Mexico, hombre?

3. Slavery in the US? So bloody what? There wasn't a significant thing about slavery in the US. I mean I know American blacks like to pretend it was a historically horrific incident but it wasn't. Spin the globe and you'll find it literally everywhere. To include many African Muslim blacks enslaving and raping white women -- see barbary pirates.

4. Plagues? What? How is a disease anybody's fault?

5. Genghis Khan -- while successful, his tactics and techniques weren't all that unheard of. And they never really set out to genocide anybody....it's just they were politically Machiavellian. They believed that if they razed a town that resisted them that others would bend the knee and that their violence would create less bloodshed in the end.

6. The Viking's were NOT like the Nazi's in any way. During the Viking era there was a huge problem of land. People need land to grow crops to eat. That was the issue with the Danes. Plus, raiding at the time was something that everybody in Europe did. It's just the Saxons weren't able to deal with an amphibious people at first which made the Vikings unique. See the Dane Law in England for more on the topic. 

7. Yes, there is a relation to Islam and Nazism. That's why Islam is an evil thing.

8. The holocaust was/is a unique event in history due to its efficiency and intent. If you wanna deny it you'll only impress morons. 

Dude, what the ***** am I denying? I am just daring to question the shadows you are shown on the wall. 

The holocaust was a result of WAR!!! War is the violent teacher of violence. The holocaust gets 10x the publicity as any other war instance, while being comperably just as spectacular. You guys are so lost in the wash you have no choice but to say I am denying something when I am merely questioning the reputation it gets relatively speaking. 

I was forcefed Jewish sob stories all throughout school. I have been to war. I simply find the Holocaust a mechanical way of achieving a result for the Nazis. It is so ***** overblown, it should be considered as much propaganda as it is history. I mean, what if 20% of what you were taught in your history classes only made up .0001% of a picture?

In sum, I admit the holocaust happened, you propagandist.  

Edited by Paulus

6 minutes ago, Paulus said:

Dude, what the ***** am I denying? I am just daring to question the shadows you are shown on the wall. 

The holocaust was WAR!!! War is the violent teacher of violence. The holocaust gets 10x the publicity as any other war, while being comperably just as spectacular. You guys are so lost in the wash you have nbo choice but to say I am denying something when I am merely questioning the reputation it gets relatively speaking. 

I was forcefed Jewish sob stories all throughout school. I have been to war. I simply find the Holocaust a mechanical way of achieving a result for the Nazis. It is so ***** overblown, it should be considered as much propaganda as it is history. I mean, what if 20% of what you were taught in your history classes only made up .0001% of a picture?

The Holocaust was not war.  That's kind-of the point of calling it "The Holocaust."

13 minutes ago, Paulus said:

1. The holocaust was a result of WAR!!! 

2. The holocaust gets 10x the publicity as any other war instance. 

3. I was forcefed Jewish sob stories all throughout school. 

4. I simply find the Holocaust a mechanical way of achieving a result for the Nazis.

5. It is so ***** overblown, it should be considered as much propaganda as it is history. I mean, what if 20% of what you were taught in your history classes only made up .0001% of a picture?

1. No it wasn't.

2. WWII gets a lot of attention being that it is the most recent great war in memory and many people are drawn to it because 'grandpa fought in the war.' In time it will even out.

3. Those Jewish sob stories are called "history" and they do attempt to teach it in school.

4. It was counterproductive to the Nazi war effort in many ways. 

5. I can go from Bronze Age Mesopotamia-to- WWII pretty well. The holocaust is NOT overblown, and its a very unique thing. I assure you. 

16 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

The Holocaust was not war.  That's kind-of the point of calling it "The Holocaust."

....was it economics?

27 minutes ago, Paulus said:

The holocaust was a result of WAR!!! War is the violent teacher of violence. The holocaust gets 10x the publicity as any other war instance, while being comperably just as spectacular. You guys are so lost in the wash you have no choice but to say I am denying something when I am merely questioning the reputation it gets relatively speaking. 

Arent you the conspiracy poster boy? Welcome to the right board for you. 

Tell us more about those force-fed Jewish sob stories. I’m so sorry that you listened to those stories. It must have been really hard for you. Please tell us your  pain. 

Holocaust is war? Whatchu talkin’ ‘bout Willis?

If you reply, I get paid. 

Edited by BeginnersMind

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

It was a product of war. I later distinguished that in the edit, I thought. My bad.

That said, it was a product of war, just like the genocide of the Indians.

29 minutes ago, Paulus said:

It was a product of war. I later distinguished that in the edit, I thought. My bad.

That said, it was a product of war, just like the genocide of the Indians.

It was not a product of war.  It would be more accurate to say the war was a product of the Holocaust.  

The genocide of the Native Americans was not a product of war, either.  Such "American-Indian" wars as there were, were almost always fallout from genocidal policies (e.g. the Seminole Wars), not the other way around.

2 hours ago, Paulus said:

Since you are a student of history, please tell me of another instance where in a war with external enemies, a regime decided to start wiping out its OWN citizens.  Tell me of another situation when a country diverted scarce war-time resources away from the war theater to continue wiping out a tangential civilization that posed no military threat to that regime in that war?

2 minutes ago, GG said:

Since you are a student of history, please tell me of another instance where in a war with external enemies, a regime decided to start wiping out its OWN citizens.  Tell me of another situation when a country diverted scarce war-time resources away from the war theater to continue wiping out a tangential civilization that posed no military threat to that regime in that war?

The Soviet Union in World War 2.  Revolutionary France.  Ba'athist Iraq.  The Ottomans during the Balkan War and World War I.  

24 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

It was not a product of war.  It would be more accurate to say the war was a product of the Holocaust.  

The genocide of the Native Americans was not a product of war, either.  Such "American-Indian" wars as there were, were almost always fallout from genocidal policies (e.g. the Seminole Wars), not the other way around.

You believe the Holocaust produced WWII? Interesting. I disagree, but interesting.