Any Buyer's Remorse From Teams That Drafted QB in Round 1?

Flip Johnson

8 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I don't 'have a dog in this fight, but isn't it kind of disingenuous to cite FO's DVOA ratings for offense in support of a poor OL when the very same website has their OL as performing much better than Buffalo's in literally every category?

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

It's also worth noting that both of Arizona's top 2 WRs--Fitz and Kirk--have higher DVOA ratings than any Buffalo WR with 50 targets, but Robert Foster does have the highest DVOA rating of any of them 

I saw that, but I have no idea how they calculate that.  When you watch the Cards play or in All-22 film, their OL play is awful in both pass pro and run blocking.  They don't provide much push at the POA to spring David Johnson nor do they pass block well enough to provide time for reading progressions against decent defensive fronts.  

DuOUNcdWwAA-C1K.jpg  

DuKSxKXX4AEdiYl.jpg

DuJaucNWoAEC_Sv.jpg

DuJE7GJWoAE3Pxo.jpg

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I saw that, but I have no idea how they calculate that.  When you watch the Cards play or in All-22 film, their OL play is awful in both pass pro and run blocking.  They don't provide much push at the POA to spring David Johnson nor do they pass block well enough to provide time for reading progressions against decent defensive fronts.  

They explain it pretty thoroughly on the page:

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/info/methods#aly

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

DuOUNcdWwAA-C1K.jpg  

DuKSxKXX4AEdiYl.jpg

DuJaucNWoAEC_Sv.jpg

DuJE7GJWoAE3Pxo.jpg

You noticed that the Bills were in the bottom 5 of 3 of the 4 stats you listed.  I don’t have the time to look for it like you do, but I’m confidant that there’s an OL stat that the bills are bottom 5 and the cards aren’t like the last stat you listed.  

And what about the playmaker comment?  After 4 mentions, no reply.  Per the usual 

We can cherry pick offensive stats to support a certain stance, but what I'd really like to see is which QB has been pressured the highest percentage of snaps (at one point it was Allen), as well as average RB yards before contact.

I mean, here's just one example of a statistic that would indicate that Allen's protection has been worse, but requires more context:

DtggWXxXQAI__uu.jpg

Found it:

Dtf7oBkWwAEakbQ.jpg

31 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You noticed that the Bills were in the bottom 5 of 3 of the 4 stats you listed.  I don’t have the time to look for it like you do, but I’m confidant that there’s an OL stat that the bills are bottom 5 and the cards aren’t like the last stat you listed.  

And what about the playmaker comment?  After 4 mentions, no reply.  Per the usual 

The Bills' OL stinks too and they need upgrades especially the interior as I have been posting all season long.  The Cardinals are worse off.  They have Johnson and Fitz, but their effectiveness is limited by OL play.  If you're so confident, then back up your claims with numbers.  I've already shown the Cardinals are the absolute worst in scoring and a number of other categories including DVOA and others I, yet somehow their OL is better?  It does not add up. 

25 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

We can cherry pick offensive stats to support a certain stance, but what I'd really like to see is which QB has been pressured the highest percentage of snaps (at one point it was Allen), as well as average RB yards before contact.

I mean, here's just one example of a statistic that would indicate that Allen's protection has been worse, but requires more context:

DtggWXxXQAI__uu.jpg

Found it:

Dtf7oBkWwAEakbQ.jpg

Then look those up and present them.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Then look those up and present them.

Wow, relax man.

I actually did look one of them up and posted it in the very post you replied to...I can't find a source for RB yards before contact.  Rest assured that I'd post it if I did...closest I found was FO's adjusted line yards, which is pretty darn clear about which OLs are moving the LOS better than others.

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

Wow, relax man.

I actually did look one of them up and posted it in the very post you replied to...I can't find a source for RB yards before contact.  Rest assured that I'd post it if I did...closest I found was FO's adjusted line yards, which is pretty darn clear about which OLs are moving the LOS better than others.

Oh I'm relaxed.  I just want to see the proof of your belief that Allen is under more duress. Since his return from injury, I have seen Allen have time in the pocket to stand tall and go through progressions on a number of occasions before picking his target and letting it rip.  

2018 NFL Offensive Line Rankings: All 32 teams' units after Week 12 | NFL Analysis | Pro Football Focus

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

So did we find out if the Bills or Cardinals have a worse offensive line?

They are both terrible units.  The Cardinals are worse.

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Oh I'm relaxed.  I just want to see the proof of your belief that Allen is under more duress. Since his return from injury, I have seen Allen have time in the pocket to stand tall and go through progressions on a number of occasions before picking his target and letting it rip.  

2018 NFL Offensive Line Rankings: All 32 teams' units after Week 12 | NFL Analysis | Pro Football Focus

They are both terrible units.  The Cardinals are worse.

Is it okay if I think the Bills have a worse line?

On 12/11/2018 at 2:22 PM, John from Riverside said:

I am thinking at this point none of them have buyers remorse

They have all had ups and downs.....but have shown glimpses or promise (Mayfield above all)

Its hard not to put Mayfield at the top of the list by way of 1st season rookie play/accomplishments IMO, and good for the Browns organization. Like Buffalo its been a long time coming.

but I gotta tell you John,  I would not trade Josh Allen away for anyone.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Figster said:

Its hard not to put Mayfield at the top of the list by way of 1st season rookie play/accomplishments IMO, and good for the Browns organization. Like Buffalo its been a long time coming.

but I gotta tell you John,  I would not trade Josh Allen away for anyone.

Nope.....give Josh Browns type offensive talent and lets see how he looks

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

DtggWXxXQAI__uu.jpg

Found it:

Dtf7oBkWwAEakbQ.jpg

So for every 10 snaps, Allen is being hurried/pressured on 4 of them?  Yeah...that's terrible.  

1 minute ago, teef said:

i wouldn't.  

I don't want to die today....I'm going to watch Modern Family tonight.

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Have a Snickers and think what you will.

amusd.gif

I prefer Nestle Crunch and I'll stick with the Bills offensive line being worse.