McDermott is going to cost us in a big game

6 minutes ago, Ned Kelly said:

"Salty" not at all. It's not often your right but your wrong again.

I'm just bored with the diatribe that is posted on TBD to act as novacaine for the stupid after every loss.

If you can't see the irony in my initial post pointing out that the great Bill Belichick still makes mistakes and the mistakes made by a second year coach with few tools to work with.

Im sorry, I can't help.

You continue to allude that people cannot learn daily, weekly even yearly. Your inability to accept that you are wrong on this makes you sound "dumb". 

Again I can't help you with this.

No need to feel butthurt. I'm wrong very often and have make many mistakes which I continue to learn from.

Perhaps you can tell me what Rex Ryan learned from his HC job with the Jets to apply to his stint when he was the Bills head coach. 

Some people learn, some people don’t. Some have an arrogance that inhibits them from learning we can see this right here, with you as a fine example.

Edited by Commsvet11
Spelling
  • Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Commsvet11 said:

Perhaps you can tell me what Rex Ryan learned from his HC job with the Jets to apply to his stint when he was the Bills head coach. 

Some people learn, some people don’t. Some have an arrogance that inhibits them from learning we can see this right here, with you as a fine example.

Bwahaha ? 

Goodnight Sweet Prince. 

Don't cry...only dreams now ?

• Haha (+1) 1

On 12/11/2018 at 7:32 PM, Nitro said:

This game was frustrating to watch.  Top 2 backs injured and you still try to run behind this poor run blocking line when you had the ball on the Jets 23.  Poor awareness.  Have a better set of routes in the red zone.   

we were camped out playing for the FG.

1 hour ago, Commsvet11 said:

You don’t think it’s a reasonable question to discuss? 

No!   It's a salty question.

To quote myself  "can't see the forest through the trees" 

12/11    1st qtr     

Bills        14

Jets          0

Final       Bills     41      Jets    10

10/12    1st qt

Bills        14

Jets        3   

If the Bills won,    their 1st round draft pick would have gone to from pick 6 to 13+ 

Why is this so hard to comprehend?

...don't answer that. ?

Yeah.

But nah. I doubt the Pegulas and or the powers that McB are in it to appease the likes of you.

Your asinine & " salty"  question?  Was both boring and not worth the reply ?

Edited by Ned Kelly

24 minutes ago, Ned Kelly said:

No!   It's a salty question.

To quote myself  "can't see the forest through the trees" 

12/11    1st qtr     

Bills        14

Jets          0

Final       Bills     41      Jets    10

10/12    1st qt

Bills        14

Jets        3   

If the Bills won,    their 1st round draft pick would have gone to from pick 6 to 13+ 

Why is this so hard to comprehend?

...don't answer that. ?

Yeah.

But nah. I doubt the Pegulas and or the powers that McB are in it to appease the likes of you.

Your asinine & " salty"  question?  Was both boring and not worth the reply ?

This has nothing to do with the question on whether clappers should keep his job next year, but that’s okay it leads to another question.

With what you posted above,

do you really believe the Bills are losing on purpose for draft position? 

26 minutes ago, Commsvet11 said:

This has nothing to do with the question on whether clappers should keep his job next year, but that’s okay it leads to another question.

With what you posted above,

do you really believe the Bills are losing on purpose for draft position? 

I think the answer to that is the same as it has been all year....they are not losing on purpose....they just are not going out of their way trying to win either

Its just about getting Josh Allen experience under center this year, figuring out what young guys can play, and riding it out till they can get to their 90 million in cap space and 10 draft picks in the offseason

55 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I think the answer to that is the same as it has been all year....they are not losing on purpose....they just are not going out of their way trying to win either

Its just about getting Josh Allen experience under center this year, figuring out what young guys can play, and riding it out till they can get to their 90 million in cap space and 10 draft picks in the offseason

Not sure I like the message of not going out of your way to win, If your not actively trying to win then you are indeed planning to lose. I don’t care about high draft picks, if you have the right front office then you never need worry about what position your picking because they can find talent no matter what position. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 12/10/2018 at 1:13 PM, HomeskillitMoorman said:

McDermott's the head coach, he knows what's being called. The coordinator is an extension of him. 

I'm always amazed at how people think the head coach should be blameless for so many things. Offensive play-calling, special teams, etc. There's a reason why he's the Head Coach. Do you also only blame Bevell for the Seahawks gaffe in the SB vs the Pats?

You have no clue how the dynamics of a typical NFL coaching staff works then I guess.  NFL coaches depend on their coordinators for play calling for the most part.  This is even more true when it is the opposite side of the ball from where they got their experience.  McD is a defensive coach.  He has input on defensive play calling and has even taken it over, as we've seen.  But, if you think he is calling offensive plays during the game you are, quite simply, clueless.  Blame him for hiring Daboll and trusting him if you want.  Blame him for making wrong 4th down decisions, but don't blame him for individual offensive play calls.  That is simply not his responsibility on game day.  End of story.

15 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

You have no clue how the dynamics of a typical NFL coaching staff works then I guess.  NFL coaches depend on their coordinators for play calling for the most part.  This is even more true when it is the opposite side of the ball from where they got their experience.  McD is a defensive coach.  He has input on defensive play calling and has even taken it over, as we've seen.  But, if you think he is calling offensive plays during the game you are, quite simply, clueless.  Blame him for hiring Daboll and trusting him if you want.  Blame him for making wrong 4th down decisions, but don't blame him for individual offensive play calls.  That is simply not his responsibility on game day.  End of story.

Its not irresponsible. Coaches hire coordinators who follow their philosophy. Choosing to settle for 3 against the jets was apart of that philosophy. Did he make the individual play call? No. Did he hire Dennison and Daboll because those play calls are what he wanted and they will execute that hopelessly flawed philosophy? Absolutely

23 hours ago, Commsvet11 said:

Im pretty sure all those playoffs appearances, Super Bowl appearances and Super Bowl rings give BB a bit of leway.

I have to say, though, the video replay of Gronk stumbling after Kenyon Drake like some drunk on Elmwood at 3:00 AM just never gets old.  

On 12/10/2018 at 11:41 AM, HomeskillitMoorman said:

You would think...but the problem with that thinking is Allen was good enough to win that game yesterday, and we still saw the same McD. It looks like this is just who he is, and it's a problem. 

Allen also had some careless turnovers, you cant say he played good enough to win when he turned the ball over 3 times. 

• Like (+1) 1

It will take five years to at least build this team back up again.  Ripping it down to the studs for draft capital makes sense in the long term.  Rebuilding is what we have to focus on with players; now all we can do is wait for the off-season Kelvin Benjamin quit on us, Trent Murphy is trade bait going into the draft, and we would need at least gambling on three picks in middle rounds to start replacing along the generational age gap of players like Kyle Williams.  

On 12/12/2018 at 8:18 PM, Commsvet11 said:

So McD should keep his job next year if he produces the same results next year?

Sorry for the delayed response.  That's a definite YES.  I'll admit, producing the exact same results next year, assuming they make some improvement to the talent level in key areas and depth in others, would be a disappointment and not look good for him.  But, once again, if you're really thinking about the big picture, you have to give him at least 2 more years, probably 3 really, to truly see what he can do with some decent talent.

He's a lot better of a coach than you give him credit for.  Do you pay attention to the huge amount of respect everyone has for him in the press?  They don't come out and say "McDermott is the MAN" or the "one of the best".  But they know what he's been given to work with here and the monumental task that's in front of him and Beane.  Getting to the playoffs last year was an absolute MIRACLE

Edited by Generic Screen Name 2