Timmy Chang ?

qrtrnose

"Timmy Chang:

The first thing I did when I sawed my way out through my mother's stomach was to put on a Timmy Chang jersey. What's not to say about the guy who broke the NCAA passing record? This guy has thrown for over 17,000 yards and racked up 117 touchdowns as the quarterback of the former Rainbow Warriors. Chang has been the poster boy of Hawaii football for half a decade, and with good reason. I have personally never seen a college football player throw a ball as hard as Chang. Cannon for an arm, good footwork, and good downfield vision. "

What do you guys think of this guy. he broke the all time yard record and had 117 tds in 4 years as the qb for U OF Hawaii. I think he's going to be a late second say steal. What do you think?

He is one of a number of QBs who deserve consideration as a late round pick or undrafted free agent. He's like several others, the QB from Harvard, who was productive but has a so-so arm Hawaii uses the run and shoot, and college run and shoot QBs have had a generally tough time adjusting to the NFL. Chang's Wonderlic score, 26 was OK but not stellar for a QB. He's worth some consideration, but it's no great loss if he goes to another team.

He is one of a number of QBs who deserve consideration as a late round pick or undrafted free agent.  He's like several others, the QB from Harvard, who was productive but has a so-so arm  Hawaii uses the run and shoot, and college run and shoot QBs have had a generally tough time adjusting to the NFL.  Chang's Wonderlic score, 26 was OK but not stellar for a QB.  He's worth some consideration, but it's no great loss if he goes to another team.

286726[/snapback]

He does throw very well in terms of accuracy, but his arm strength is suspect. Although he does throw a nice deep ball, he'll have to throw it with more velocity in the pros to counteract the quicker DBs, which I'm not sure he'll be able to handle. Like you said, he's an okay gamble late in the draft.

Matt Kofler?

286918[/snapback]

Not who I was thinking of. Did MK have big college stats?

I was thinking of Brian McClure:

November 23, 1985

Bowling Green's Brian McClure becomes the second player in NCAA Division I-A history to pass for more than 10,000 career yards as he completes 31 of 49 passes for 479 yards and three TDs in a 38-17 win at Ohio which caps Bowling Green's perfect 11-0 regular season.

He was the starter for the Bills in the strike game against the Giants. Marv Levy said in his book that it might have been the worst game ever played in the history of the NFL. McClure spent most of the game running from Lawrence Taylor.

He is one of a number of QBs who deserve consideration as a late round pick or undrafted free agent.  He's like several others, the QB from Harvard, who was productive but has a so-so arm  Hawaii uses the run and shoot, and college run and shoot QBs have had a generally tough time adjusting to the NFL.  Chang's Wonderlic score, 26 was OK but not stellar for a QB.  He's worth some consideration, but it's no great loss if he goes to another team.

286726[/snapback]

He'll be in someone's training camp, that's for sure.

Willie Totten? 

He was a replacement player from the '87 squad.  He was the QB for Jerry Rice in college.

286951[/snapback]

I seem to recall that Totten threw a touchdown pass in the first strike game against Indy. I think Dan Manucci started that game. Totten started the game against NE the following week. McClure crossed the picket line to play against the Giants.