Parris Campbell: the next NFL X-Factor

YoloinOhio

Ohio State doesn't use him right but they didn't use Michael Thomas correctly either. Parris Campbell Jr is the perfect player in Daboll's Erhardt's Perkin's scheme. 

I'm totally fine with taking him in the 2nd-3rd Rd but he shouldn't be the only WR we look at.  Like if we can end up with D.K. Metcalf and Parris Campbell out of this Draft all of a sudden we've surrounded Josh Allen with some weapons.

Edited by FeelingOnYouboty
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Ohio State doesn't use him right but they didn't use Michael Thomas correctly either. Parris Campbell Jr is the perfect player in Daboll's Erhardt's Perkin's scheme. 

I'm totally fine with taking him in the 2nd-3rd Rd but he shouldn't be the only WR we look at.  Like if we can end up with D.K. Metcalf and Parris Campbell out of this Draft all of a sudden we've surrounded Josh Allen with some weapons.

They use him at Hback. Do you think they should play him as an outside WR? I don’t. 

22 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

He'd be great in the 4th.

8 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

He'd be great in the 4th.

I don’t think he will be there. No off field issues to drop him and he was a track star who will kill the combine to go along with his production. He has the McD DNA too so keep an eye out for Bills. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I think the question for me is whether Daboll will use him to his fullest potential? 

For me it's more about fit. Granted I don't know who we're keeping and who we're getting rid of. I advocated for guys like Parris Campbell last offseason because he had a different skillset than our current WRs. Now we have Foster, McKenzie, and Thompson. Not saying those 3 are fantastic, but they are serviceable. I think we're missing a contested catch guy this time.

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t think he will be there. No off field issues to drop him and he was a track star who will kill the combine to go along with his production. He has the McD DNA too so keep an eye out for Bills. 

Much rather have Marquise Brown if we're spending a 2nd on a WR. Could see him no higher than a 3rd.

4 minutes ago, Willyville Guy said:

He doesn't have the hands to be an outside WR.  Short passes in space and watch him make plays.

Right, they tried to use him that way (like they are now using Johnnie Dixon and Terry McLaurin) last year and he doesn’t have the hands. Though I think he’s improved in that area this year,  he is perfect in his current role, YAC monster. KJ Hill is maybe even better as an all around Hback though may not have the pure speed of Campbell.

Also he was a RB in HS and i think he’s still rounding into a WR but using him like mccaffrey would make sense 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

On 11/28/2018 at 11:03 AM, YoloinOhio said:

Right, they tried to use him that way (like they are now using Johnnie Dixon and Terry McLaurin) last year and he doesn’t have the hands. Though I think he’s improved in that area this year,  he is perfect in his current role, YAC monster. KJ Hill is maybe even better as an all around Hback though may not have the pure speed of Campbell.

Also he was a RB in HS and i think he’s still rounding into a WR but using him like mccaffrey would make sense 

Boy, that sure sounds good. We desperately need a receiving back maybe even more than a #1 WR. Kamara, McCaffery, Bell, Connor, Hill etc. All these guys are good for 75 receptions that usually go for 7-10YAC and an easy 1st down. Allen's 52% would go up to 62-63% overnight.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.