Hakeem Butler 6’6” 225 lbs WR ISU

CEN-CAL17

When it comes down to it, this kid is a match up nightmare. Runs smooth routes, tough after the catch, hard to bring down. A hands catcher. Obviously great size and speed. You watch a lot of his highlights he’s getting on top of the defense. Long strides and can separate.

I got N’Keal Harry #1 WR in this draft but this kid is a close 2nd. A lot of defense in the top 10 in this years draft. But after the season, combine and pro days, look for this kid to get a lot of air time. 6’6” 225 don’t come around often.

Also if Corey Davis can go 5 overall. This kid and N’Keal could be top 10 picks.

Edited by 1ZAYDAY1

5 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

When it comes down to it, this kid is a match up nightmare. Runs smooth routes, tough after the catch, hard to bring down. A hands catcher. Obviously great size and speed. You watch a lot of his highlights he’s getting on top of the defense. Long strides and can separate.

I got N’Keal Harry #1 WR in this draft but this kid is a close 2nd. A lot of defense in the top 10 in this years draft. But after the season, combine and pro days, look for this kid to get a lot of air time. 6’6” 225 don’t come around often.

Also if Corey Davis can go 5 overall. This kid and N’Keal could be top 10 picks.

Corey Davis has more TDs and almost as many yards in 1 year as Butler in his career...

thats why he went top 10... Butler is good but 0 chance he goes top 10

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Corey Davis has more TDs and almost as many yards in 1 year as Butler in his career...

thats why he went top 10... Butler is good but 0 chance he goes top 10

Butler has nearly 1000 yards and 8 TDs thus far. Played tougher competition than Davis did in college too.  

I have no no clue what you’re talking about.

4 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Butler has nearly 1000 yards and 8 TDs thus far. Played tougher competition than Davis did in college too.  

I have no no clue what you’re talking about.

Butler has like 1800 yards in his career.

Corey Davis had 1500 in 1 with 19 TDs... they aren’t on the same level, regardless of competition 

he isnt going top 10

The WRs in the 19 Draft I like are (5)

Harry

Butler

A Johnson 

P Williams 

K Harmon

5 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Corey Davis had 1500 in 1 with 19 TDs... they aren’t on the same level, regardless of competition 

he isnt going top 10

Look at the teams Butler has played this year compared to Western Michigan. Competition has a lot to do with grading a player.

6 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

he isnt going top 10

We will see... he’s already being talked about in round 1. He’s gonna move up the boards. 

Edited by 1ZAYDAY1

23 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Who? And don’t say AJ Brown or Marquise Brown 

Butler reminds me of a taller Michael Thomas.

Why not? Marquise Brown is special, he would be a perfect fit for our offence and the new age NFL. He has some first round traits. We can add a size WR in free agency. 

9 minutes ago, billspro said:

Why not? Marquise Brown is special, he would be a perfect fit for our offence and the new age NFL. He has some first round traits. We can add a size WR in free agency. 

5’10 170lbs is not getting drafted in round 1. Yes he’s great against college kids. But I just see nfl “go to” guy in this kid. There’s times this kid disappears. Nothing against him, some just think he’s a top NFL WR prospect. I disagree 

Here’s what’s gonna happen. Butler will finish the season with 1200 yds, 55 receptions, 10-12 TDs.

He will run a high 4.4 or low 4.5 40 at the combine.  Pro day he will run in the 4.4s. Then fans will start talking about him. Watch.

Edited by 1ZAYDAY1
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

5’10 170lbs is not getting drafted in round 1. Yes he’s great against college kids. But I just see nfl “go to” guy in this kid. There’s times this kid disappears. Nothing against him, some just think he’s a top NFL WR prospect. I disagree 

Here’s what’s gonna happen. Butler will finish the season with 1200 yds, 55 receptions, 10-12 TDs.

He will run a high 4.4 or low 4.5 40. Pro day he will run in the 4.4s. Then fans will start talking about him. Watch.

He could be a Tyreek Hill or Brandin Cooks type of player. That’s what I see watching him.

I think he will be a 4.6 guy but if he runs a 4.4 his stock will increase dramatically.

Edited by billspro

This guy is Ramses Barden. 6-6, 225 and jump balls all day. Go back and watch some Barden highlights from Clay Poly and they are the same player. Film is a bit grainy though. It didn't quite translate to the NFL. Butler is facing better competition, but the bottom line, everything will depend on his 40 time. 

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

This guy is Ramses Barden. 6-6, 225 and jump balls all day. Go back and watch some Barden highlights from Clay Poly and they are the same player. Film is a bit grainy though. It didn't quite translate to the NFL. Butler is facing better competition, but the bottom line, everything will depend on his 40 time. 

6-6 WRs tend to have trouble separating at the NFL level. There are very few that have the athletic ability to do it and when they do they usually go top 5.

4 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I’ve read articles stating sub 4.5. 

He even says himself hes faster faster than most think. I see him pulling off a 4.49 lol.

3 minutes ago, billspro said:

6-6 WRs tend to have trouble separating at the NFL level. There are very few that have the athletic ability to do it and when they do they usually go top 5.

I agree with you. And hearing to Ramses Braden name made me laugh. Just hadn’t heard it in awhile.

I just see Butler making plays, running smooth routes and looking effortlessly against high level FBS teams.

Not that it makes a difference I bet he comes in at 6’5” 1/2, 218 (down weight for the combine. He get his sub 4.5.

His ability to get deep reminds me of Martavis Bryant.