Thanksgiving GDT: Bears vs. Lions at 12:30 PM ET on CBS

26CornerBlitz

Who Wins the Game?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins the Game?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/22/2018 at 05:30 PM

Sucks about Truby. I picked them in my pool. Oh well, Da Bears have lost a couple crazy games, but they’re ahead of where the pundits predicted preseason. Gut Check time before a national Holiday audience. I expect Mack & Co. are pumped to play great AND SCORE!

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

They are still packing that defense with Mack and the Lions are missing key starters.

Yes, there is still a good chance the Bears win, but it is usually a safe bet to go with the team who still has their starting QB. It's just such an important position.

4 minutes ago, MJS said:

Yes, there is still a good chance the Bears win, but it is usually a safe bet to go with the team who still has their starting QB. It's just such an important position.

We'll see how well the Lions handle the Bears' D without Marvin Jones and Kerryon Johnson in the lineup. 

5 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

We'll see how well the Lions handle the Bears' D without Marvin Jones and Kerryon Johnson in the lineup. 

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe Marvin Jones hasn't been as big of a factor this season as Tate and Golladay.

Just now, MJS said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe Marvin Jones hasn't been as big of a factor this season as Tate and Golladay.

Tate isn't even on the team anymore as he was traded to the Eagles.  Jones is their best receiving threat. 

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Thanksgiving GDT: Bears vs. Lions at 12:30 PM ET on CBS

Week 12 predictions: Who will feast on Turkey Day?

THURSDAY, NOV. 22

Detroit Lions 24, Chicago Bears 22

12:30 p.m. ET (CBS) | Ford Field (Detroit)

This is a dangerous matchup for the Bears, who are humming right now. Going into Detroit on a short week will be at least as difficult as -- if not moredifficult than -- hosting the Vikings last week. Couple that with the fact that Chicago is in line to start Chase Daniel, who at best squeezed in a few walkthroughs before flying out to face a division rival, and you can clearly see the uphill challenge facing Matt Nagy and staff. The Lions played at home Sunday, snapping a three-game losing streak by building an early lead over the Panthers with balanced offense and holding on late. Unfortunately for Detroit, with Kerryon Johnson (knee sprain) out, Chicago's pass rush won't have to hesitate on its way to the pocket. The Bears have already posted 32 sacks (tied for fifth in the NFL). Was feeling a Bears road win, but Matthew Stafford has played well since that opening Monday night disaster ... except for two weeks ago against the Bears. The advantage over Daniel is too much. Thus, I'm taking Detroit at home.

Setting the Table for Thanksgiving Day NFL Games

CHICAGO BEARS (7–3) @ DETROIT LIONS (4–6)

Bears offense vs. Lions defense
When these teams met just over a week ago, the Bears frequently aligned in a formation some call “speed trips,” with three wide receivers to one side of the field and athletic tight end Trey Burton by himself on the other. From there the Bears shrewdly isolated individual Lions defenders and featured intertwined routes that complicated Detroit’s man coverages. Look for this formation again on Thursday, and look for the usual heavy dosage of misdirection concepts involving Tarik Cohen. Detroit’s second-year linebacker Jarrad Davis has scintillating talent but isn’t always comfortable processing information.

Lions offense vs. Bears defense
When Detroit has struggled this November, it’s been against quality zone defenses. The Bears, with their blurry, deceptive two-deep safety looks, are one of football’s best zone units. Strong coverage was behind many of their six sacks on Stafford in Week 10. The Lions will try to get the ball out quickly and over the middle, where Stafford can deal with Chicago’s linebackers instead of safeties. That means a prominent role for injured Kerryon Johnson’s replacement Theo Riddick, who has returned to the backfield after a two-week trial in the slot following the Golden Tate trade.

Prediction: Lions 24, Bears 20 (an atrociously unfair short week schedule for the Bears, who played the latest game last Sunday and now travel to play the earliest game on Thursday.)

At the same time an absolutely wonderful and heartbreaking story.  Aaron Maybin making a difference to those kids and how do we allow kids to not have heat in their schools, and so nice to see the outpouring of support from the community(not the government) to make the situation better.  Kudos to you Aaron Maybin!

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Just now, The Poojer said:

At the same time an absolutely wonderful and heartbreaking story.  Aaron Maybin making a difference to those kids and how do we allow kids to not have heat in their schools, and so nice to see the outpouring of support from the community(not the government) to make the situation better.  Kudos to you Aaron Maybin!

42 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Is that the Aaron maybin we drafted on the pregame show? Great guy.

Yep.  And he’s still just as thin as I remember.  I was lucky enough to have sideline passes for warm ups one game.  I remember thinking at the time, man that’s the skinniest DE ever.  He looked like a tall WR.