What Should the Bills Address with the Two Open Roster Spots? - Make It One

26CornerBlitz

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Maybe someone can help me with this, but I for one can't understand why Troy Niklas is sitting on the free agent market. I know he is not super fast, but he never was fast. He's 6-6, 270. Had a good career at Notre Dame and was a highly touted prospect. Fell to the second round, meaning most people thought he was going to go to the first round. He's had injury issues, so I know that is a ding. He signed with the Pats and they cut him after like two days. From all accounts he is a good guy and super hard worker. He comes from that Matthews family tree and is a good blocker. Am I missing something?  

I think he is worth a look. Even if you don't like him as a receiver, have him gain 30 lbs and make him a tackle. I just have trouble with the fact that this guy is a street free agent. I mean he isn't better than Khari Lee or whatever scrub tight ends sit on the back end of NFL rosters? 

It never hurts to have a look- if he doesnt pan out at TE maybe he morph’s into a Jason Peters type- if not we lost nothing.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm having trouble finding interesting 4-3 linebackers on the open market to add depth. 

This is what I've got: 

Corey Nelson - former Bronco and Falcon

Marquis Flowers - Former Pat and Bengal. He's a converted safety who I think would be a good fit as Milano's backup and a special teams guy. I thought he played well for the Pats when we played them last year. Most recently with the Lions I believe. 

Nicholas Grigsby - just cut from the Pats. Has good speed and mainly a special teamer

Tyrell Adams - projects as  SAM and we ironically signed him last year but then cut him because of a failed physical. He was released from injured reserve, so I don't know how healthy he is. He's the guy who blocked that punt in the Texans game this year. 

I would actually go after Flowers or Adams just to add depth and maybe groom a younger guy to take Lorax's place next year. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to What Should the Bills Address with the Two Open Roster Spots? - Make It One