Lindell

Lindell is gonna screw us outta 3 games this year im guessing. The guy is just not reliable at 40 or more yards. I mean, I honestly get nervous when he's out there. Can't we do something about this? Like find someone else? Draft perhaps?!

Lindell is gonna screw us outta 3 games this year im guessing. The guy is just not reliable at 40 or more yards. I mean, I honestly get nervous when he's out there. Can't we do something about this? Like find someone else? Draft perhaps?!

285514[/snapback]

By 40 yards or more you mean 35 yards or more....right?

That one miss cost us the playoffs.

285585[/snapback]

Was it that miss, or was it TH not reaching the endzone in Oakland, or Villarial's holding against Jax, or Clements not knocking the ball down in the same game, or...

It's a 16-game season played by a team of 53 men. Assigning all the blame on one play or one player as the reason Bflo missed the playoffs doesn't make much sense to me.

1-3 from 40 yards or more.

that means we have to get to the 33 yard line to even have a change at a FG.

i HATE getting to the 35 yard line and PUNTING. that is completly unacceptable to me.

285660[/snapback]

Don't you mean the 23 yard line? I think you forgot the 10 yards in the endzone. :huh::lol:

i HATE getting to the 35 yard line and PUNTING. that is completly unacceptable to me.

285660[/snapback]

As disturbing as the 33% success ratio is, what is truly astounding is that he only had THREE attempts all season from that range. What that tells me is that they don't even bother to consider a FG if the drive stalls on the 30 yard line. That's just insane.

It's a 16-game season played by a team of 53 men.  Assigning all the blame on one play  or one player as the reason Bflo missed the playoffs doesn't make much sense to me.

285608[/snapback]

Besides that, I thought we already got rid of the guy who was the reason Buffalo missed the playoffs. :huh:

Looks like we got our new whipping boy already and it's not even April.

As disturbing as the 33% success ratio is, what is truly astounding is that he only had THREE attempts all season from that range.  What that tells me is that they don't even bother to consider a FG if the drive stalls on the 30 yard line.  That's just insane.

285678[/snapback]

Not exactly true, he had actually made a couple kicks of over 40yards that were wiped out because of stupid coahing errors (remember the ill timed time out Mularkey called against Pitt). Yeah, Lindell may not be great (pretty much a given), but much of the lack of success can be in part attributed to the ultra conservative calls by our coaching staff and not taking shots when they could have. Sure, confidence in Lindell plays into that, but his lack of attempts wasn't purely his fault.

285660[/snapback]

The thing that stands out about that is only 3 attempts. 3! No confidence to even go to the guy at 40+.

The thing that stands out about that is only 3 attempts. 3! No confidence to even go to the guy at 40+.

285960[/snapback]

I could better deal with this fact if we actually went for it instead of kicking the figgies. Instead we punt 15 yards. What a waste!

My only hope is that a street FA somehow pushes Lindell out in training camp or that Lindell suddenly learns how to control his kicks.

Well does anyone have any suggestions on improvements?  I'm sure TD realizes that Lindell has weaknesses.  But is there a better option?  We could draft Nugent, but besides that who else out there is decidedly better??

285997[/snapback]

There were a few UFA kickers out there for a couple weeks, weren't there?

How many times did they do something other than kick a field goal from that range?

285960[/snapback]

Well does anyone have any suggestions on improvements?  I'm sure TD realizes that Lindell has weaknesses.  But is there a better option?  We could draft Nugent, but besides that who else out there is decidedly better??

285997[/snapback]

Maybe Owen Pochman will be the answer???

What does a loss SOUND like?

"Rian Lindell lines up for a 42 yard FG attempt with only 3 seconds left on the clock and the Bills down by one"

285693[/snapback]

I thought it sounded like this:

Throw it!

Throw it!

Throw the ball!

THROW THE BALL!

NOOOOOOOO!!!

I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT!