Voluntary Conditioning Program underway

"Getting started early just makes mini-camp that much easier," said Kelsay. "I think everybody is excited and looking forward to the season and willing to put in the effort to get the job done."

Apparently someone forgot to tell these guys that they're gonna suck next year.

Apparently someone forgot to tell these guys that they're gonna suck next year.

285019[/snapback]

I like this quote:

"I was kind of surprised on how many people actually came back when I pulled up here Monday," said defensive end Chris Kelsay. "I don't believe we had this many people here last year so it was a pleasant surprise that people are taking it serious that we have a lot of potential."

Sounds like a pretty positive mindset from these guys. I believe that Losman being there early and showing that he is willing to work harder to succeed this year will have a positive influence on the team. Should help strengthen his leadership role.

I like this quote:

"I was kind of surprised on how many people actually came back when I pulled up here Monday," said defensive end Chris Kelsay. "I don't believe we had this many people here last year so it was a pleasant surprise that people are taking it serious that we have a lot of potential."

Sounds like a pretty positive mindset from these guys.  I believe that Losman being there early and showing that he is willing to work harder to succeed this year will have a positive influence on the team.  Should help strengthen his leadership role.

285024[/snapback]

I don't put any stock into this stuff. EVERY year EVERY player (on probably EVERY team) says, "We have a great turnout! We're going to have a great year!"

Nobody ever says, "Well, turnout is pretty average this year." In fact, I'm pretty sure that last year they said that EVERYONE on the team showed up -- if that's true, how do they have MORE people here this year??? :blink:

Doesn't add up, it's just mindless rhetoric.

CW

I don't put any stock into this stuff.  EVERY year EVERY player (on probably EVERY team) says, "We have a great turnout!  We're going to have a great year!"

285132[/snapback]

Last off season we were told that nobody spent more time in the weight room and the film room than Pucillo. Look where that got him. :huh:

Have we ever had a starting QB and a starting WR in Buffalo at the same time?

Seems like they could work on some timing routes.

285226[/snapback]

Just like Moulds did when he hung out in Southern California with RJ. :huh:

(Yeah, yeah, I know...it never formulated.)

Exactly. We were beaten by a number of teams this past season because their QB and WR were on the same page on the "out" routes to the sidelines--beautifully executed timing routes. I hope Losman and Evans start work on it this week.

Well, count me out.

I'm not showing up, and that's official.

I'm staying home doing my usual pre-training camp get-in-shape-for-the-season rutuals:

Drinking, staying up late, not watching what I eat, hanging out on TBD till all hours, and generally misbehaving!

I started early this year.

Actually, I never quit this regime from last season. :huh:

Mike Williams has been here a couple weeks.

285104[/snapback]

I think Hammer mentioned he'd been around at some point in the past couple weeks- it would be good news indeed if that wasn't simply a managment/player meeting. While there're guys on our roster who have more to gain by fully applying themselves right now, there might not be another player who can single-handedly have a bigger impact on our season by working his butt into excellent shape than Mr. Williams. He carries the potential of offering us "automatic" first downs on short yardage plays plus the threat on the goal line. That's something not even the best running backs can do. That right side of our OLine could be one of the best in the league next season with improvements in conditioning from Mike. That means you'll want to control your urge to buy him thewing special at the BT next time you run into him ;-)

I think Hammer mentioned he'd been around at some point in the past couple weeks- it would be good news indeed if that wasn't simply a managment/player meeting. While there're guys on our roster who have more to gain by fully applying themselves right now, there might not be another player who can single-handedly have a bigger impact on our season by working his butt into excellent shape than Mr. Williams. He carries the potential of offering us "automatic" first downs on short yardage plays plus the threat on the goal line. That's something not even the best running backs can do. That right side of our OLine could be one of the best in the league next season with improvements in conditioning from Mike. That means you'll want to control your urge to buy him thewing special at the BT next time you run into him ;-)

285380[/snapback]

You know that Mike Williams is a cruisin' for a bruisin'. He better have a clean approach this year coming into camp, or he's in some deep crap.

He better have a clean approach this year coming into camp, or he's in some deep crap.

The problem is who's going to put the fear in him? The only guy who probably could have done it was PhatPat.

Are we relying on a guy named "Mouse"?