The biggest myth on the Process/Rebuild

bostonadguy

1 minute ago, 87168 said:

it's not, but I wholeheartedly agree.

I really don;t understand why people are so high on McD and his vague speech.

Rex also had a freaking personality.

McCoach is McMilktoast 

14 minutes ago, Peter said:

Rex also had a freaking personality.

McCoach is McMilktoast 

Yeah personality was great. Good ***** grief. 

24 minutes ago, Peter said:

As it turns out, Rex is a better head coach.  I know that is not a popular opinion on this board, but I really don't care.  

Unfortunately, we are stuck with McClappy . . . at least for the time being.

AHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

5 minutes ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

is there was no need for a rebuild. Trying not be beat a dead horse, but the talent was here. If they weren’t your guys, McBeane, then maximize their abilities to fit your scheme. The cap still would’ve opened up after contracts expired. This is utter disaster. 

Thanks for sharing your completely unique, well-thought-out and original take with all of us.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

is there was no need for a rebuild. Trying not be beat a dead horse, but the talent was here. If they weren’t your guys, McBeane, then maximize their abilities to fit your scheme. The cap still would’ve opened up after contracts expired. This is utter disaster. 

Agreed. Ripping the Band-aid off can get the wound infected.

7 minutes ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

Or maximize your scheme to fit their abilities! 

Either way, your point stands. 

This thing has been sandblasted back down to bare metal and there was no reason to do that.  Wasting an entire season as part of a strategy was a very crude and wasteful approach.

Kind of like noticing you have a blister on your little toe, so you whip out a chainsaw and cut the foot off.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, vorpma said:

Yup, we were on the verge of SB stardom in 2016!!! Ya right!!

Revisionism, right?

These same people bitching about McDermott were bitching about Rex and are now pining for the days of Rex and Whaley.

It's aggravating in the extreme.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

And this is the root of the issue.

Every few years we clean house, change scheme, drop and add players, get impatient, lather rinse and repeat over and over again.

Thanks for  sharing