Beer Chugging CFLer

SinceThe70s

2 hours ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

Ottawa RedBlacks?   Are they owned by Red Green?

I think its after an older defunct franchise.

Also believe it's an homage to the old lumberjacks who would wear red & black plaid jackets. 

Speaking of CFL, Hamilton will have a celebrity fan come out during their home playoff game. Apparently 'The Nature Boy' Rick Flair is a fan and posted a video online saying he will be there on the field for the game.

56 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Was just gonna mention that.  Wasn't 1/4 of The CFL named: Rough Riders? ?

2/9.

EDIT:  Purists will often point out that the Saskatchewan team's name is 'Roughriders', whereas the former Ottawa team was the 'Rough Riders'.  The RedBlacks have taken legal steps to protect use of the 'Rough Rider' name subject to the current football team's approval.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

2/9.

Ok.  Not 25% of the League.  But... 22.25% of the Leauge.  Sorry I ballparked it @ 1/4.  ? ? I forgot about the Calgary Stampeders.  Which is kinda like a "Rough Rider." No?

22 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

2/9.

EDIT:  Purists will often point out that the Saskatchewan team's name is 'Roughriders', whereas the former Ottawa team was the 'Rough Riders'.  The RedBlacks have taken legal steps to protect use of the 'Rough Rider' name subject to the current football team's approval.

Is that like: Black Hawks becoming the Blackhawks.  Chicago Blackhawks (Black Hawks) that is?

/smh...

4 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I forgot about the Calgary Stampeders.  Which is kinda like a "Rough Rider." No?

Never mind the 'wannabe' cowpokes in both the East and West Divisions.  I'm waiting for an overzealous group to protest the name of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.

• Like (+1) 1

Ottawa dropped out for awhile and returned with the new name Renegades, it’s the third recent incarnation of the franchise so maybe the RR name wasn’t available?

Edited by row_33

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

Ottawa dropped out for awhile and returned with the new name Renegades, it’s the third recent incarnation of the franchise so maybe the RR name wasn’t available?

I forgot about the Renegades.....

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Ok.  Not 25% of the League.  But... 22.25% of the Leauge.  Sorry I ballparked it @ 1/4.  ? ? I forgot about the Calgary Stampeders.  Which is kinda like a "Rough Rider." No?

Is that like: Black Hawks becoming the Blackhawks.  Chicago Blackhawks (Black Hawks) that is?

/smh...

Adding that space immediately makes it no longer offensive, because now they are just a colored bird instead of a native American term! The Redskins should think about that too, then they are just a team named after people who stayed out in the sun too long. 

4 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

I forgot about the Renegades.....

Adding that space immediately makes it no longer offensive, because now they are just a colored bird instead of a native American term! The Redskins should think about that too, then they are just a team named after people who stayed out in the sun too long. 

Blackhawks were named after original owner's WWI division (I think division):

Blacks Hawks, Army I think?

This is just off the top of head, memory.

But I agree with your post.

On 11/3/2018 at 1:58 PM, ExiledInIllinois said:

/smh...

that's okay, there's been like 9 and then 8 and then 9 teams or whatever

as a Canadian i have to pretend to have some interest in it when people in my life talk about it directly with me for a total of about 15 hours each year....  :(

'yup, um-mmmm, okay, exactly" is the only thing i can offer when they shut up after a 3 minute soliloquoy