Shady definitely in the Bills plans for 2019

Not sure how i feel about the subject of Shady, for one he has been a good player while here & i hate that he is such a good team guy to be having a bad year just sucks but he's not Kyle Williams ! With that i mean he hasn't bled Bills blue his entire career .

On the other hand they say imitation is a form of flattery & we have watched one of if not the best team for the last 15 years win & do it by letting go veteran players to bring in the younger players to keep the team growing to perform for the future & while the Bills have tried to stay relevant they have had a different approach to say the least .

So do you keep Shady in hopes he can still be the guy we got him to be or do you cut bait the way the Pats would do & get another young up & coming player in to look to the future ?

I'm thinking that Shady has given the Bills all he can & it would be great to give him back a good to great season but how long might that take & the Bills have kept players around to long in the past .

It's a tough decision & i'm glad it's Bean that has to make it because if he keeps Shady & he hits that wall he's a ass bag to all Bills fans, if he gets rid of Shady & he continues to be Shady he is once again the ass ! Then there will be those if he keeps him & he doesn't do as well but still plays decent he is still the bad guy !

There is no way Bean will win being the GM of the Bills fans will always slam him weather he does good, great or terrible !! 

11 hours ago, Helpmenow said:

Next year

Why the hell would mccoy want be here. Bills are going nowhere.

I’m looking at this season and not next.  

Why?  I dunno maybe you should ask him that. 

IMO tbe Bills keep Shady until they find a top RB.   We need more than just Ivory 

5 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

I will say it....Shady is done. Loved his play on the field the past years. Hated his antics off the field. This year if his past play wasnt there, ( If he wasnt McCoy), he would be gone.

He’s not been a stud for sure. 

Done?  I dunno he still can help the team. 

When his biggest runs are wiped out by holding or some other bs call is it his fault?

Just now, ShadyBillsFan said:

He’s not been a stud for sure. 

Done?  I dunno he still can help the team. 

When his biggest runs are wiped out by holding or some other bs call is it his fault?

But holding could be the reason for his big runs no? Had they not held he may not have broke the big run. 257 yards rushing and 167 reception yards. 

1 hour ago, fansince88 said:

But holding could be the reason for his big runs no? Had they not held he may not have broke the big run. 257 yards rushing and 167 reception yards. 

It could and again it might not.  

As the saying goes there is holding on every play.  

I’m also seeing a drop off but with so many problems it’s hard to point to just 1 player.  

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, DCOrange said:

Seems like an inefficient use of the cap to me, but it is what it is. I don't mind having him around or anything.

Yea b.c the Bill's dont have any cap space... people worry about the cap as if it has much to do with anything.

Edited by Boca BIlls

Shady's stats are awful this year, but any one of us watching the game can see that it's not on him! Just like the Bear's offense and Trubinski went from 30th last year to top 10 this year, he can bounce back for sure. His desire to perform and win are there for sure.

Stats don't say everything! He can still play. And by the same eye-test evaluation, so can Allen. To what level we don't know but they have not been in awesome situations so far...

18 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

Yea b.c the Bill's dont have any cap space... people worry about the cap as if it has much to do with anything.

This year it has a LOT to do with an awful they are. The Bills have the least paid active roster in the NFL because of all the dead cap space! So yeah it matters. But for next year, cap space is what they'll have more than any other team so keeping Shady makes sense.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

Shady's stats are awful this year, but any one of us watching the game can see that it's not on him! Just like the Bear's offense and Trubinski went from 30th last year to top 10 this year, he can bounce back for sure. His desire to perform and win are there for sure.

Stats don't say everything! He can still play. And by the same eye-test evaluation, so can Allen. To what level we don't know but they have not been in awesome situations so far...

This year it has a LOT to do with an awful they are. The Bills have the least paid active roster in the NFL because of all the dead cap space! So yeah it matters. But for next year, cap space is what they'll have more than any other team so keeping Shady makes sense.

50 mil dead money what’s that 1/4 of the cap.  

$90 mil 2019 and $130 2020 

of course 2020 will not be that with the 2019 signings but that is where it stands today. 

Half the team under contract IIRC may change in the next 2 seasons.  

..."yes Shady is definitely in our 2019 plans (with convenient omission of "FOR NOW")"....OR...should they say, "the old dawg has run the gamut, is slowing, dinged, tired and has hit the RB 30 brick wall......so we're sending him packing with a four piece set of Samsonite and an UBER ride as our thanks".....take your pick...........

3 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..."yes Shady is definitely in our 2019 plans (with convenient omission of "FOR NOW")"....OR...should they say, "the old dawg has run the gamut, is slowing, dinged, tired and has hit the RB 30 brick wall......so we're sending him packing with a four piece set of Samsonite and an UBER ride as our thanks".....take your pick...........

Beane does a nice job as Politician for the Bills.

i have voted to keep him, LM. but i would trade him for a Franchise RG and RT right now

6 hours ago, Jerome007 said:

Getting rid of shady wouldn't have changed this year.

20 hours ago, Boca BIlls said:

It’s not strictly the cap space for for me so much as it is the fact that I yoinks Buffalo can get an upgrade at RB for a fraction of the cost.