Draft Network Senior Analyst Joe Marino on WGR-550 Today

Fadingpain

13 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

10-31: Joe Marino from The Draft Network on WGR (20:29)

Talking about what the #Bills can do with the offense going forward with @TheJoeMarino! He joins Schopp & the Bulldog live now.

Marino - What I really like about Brian Daboll's offense is it schemes throws for the quarterbacks. They can run a lot of route concepts that create space. Just need a quarterback to read it and rip it.

Marino on Zay Jones - 27 catches in 15 games last year, 25 already this year. When the offense has rare good plays, it seems to be because Zay Jones is out there creating space.

Marino - The #Bills deserve some criticism for putting an offensive infrastructure around Josh Allen, but that's not unlike what many teams do in the league.

Marino on free agents - Daryl Williams, I know it's another Panthers player, he came on strong in 2017 as one of the better right tackles. Maybe you can get him on a discounted deal.

Marino - When I think about offensive line, three are going to be free agents, there's going to be turnover. There will be guys from outside the building that come in and solidify the line.

Marino on John Brown- My understanding is the #Bills offered like a 3-year $21 million deal. He went out and signed the 1-year prove it deal with Baltimore. He can stretch the field and be a vertical threat. The #Bills don't have a player like that.

Marino - Everyone's going to see there's just a void of top offensive talent in this draft. If you think you're getting a Julio Jones, it's just not going to happen.

Marino - #Bills fans need to hope that QBs Justin Herbert and Dwayne Haskins declare for the draft. Having those guys available to be enticing for another team to trade up for.

Good stuff.  Thanks for posting.

50 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Marino on free agents - Daryl Williams, I know it's another Panthers player, he came on strong in 2017 as one of the better right tackles. Maybe you can get him on a discounted deal.

Probably a done deal if Carolina lets him go.  If he's better than Mills, then why not...

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Mills is decent. The interior of the OL is much more of a pressing need IMO. 

They could use an upgrade from Mills.  He’s very average at best, and sometimes is very below average.  His failed cut block last week almost caused a crushing INT.  To his credit, he has held off every other player they’ve put in their to compete with him.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I

I hope both those QBs light it up this year, declare, and we finish worse than the Giants.  I would like to see the Bills trade down a couple spots, still land Oliver or Bosa, and pick up additional picks.  That is the best case scenerio IMO

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, GimmeSomeProcess said:

I disagree about top end talent. Anthony Johnson, Kneal Harry, Marquiose Brown and Aj Brown are legit wide outs 

1 hour ago, Pete said:

I hope both those QBs light it up this year, declare, and we finish worse than the Giants.  I would like to see the Bills trade down a couple spots, still land Oliver or Bosa, and pick up additional picks.  That is the best case scenerio IMO

I agree there will be some elite wrs from this years draft

9 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Pretty much my thoughts on the matter.

there may not be a Julio Jones, but there is a lot of Big athletic WRs who can really help this team.

8 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Wisconsin Center and guard along with Teller.

10 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Mills is a backup caliber OT on a good day, but the weakest spot on the OL is C. Both of those positions must get a serious upgrade as well as some competition at G. Add 2 solid WR's with great speed and KB will have a bounce back season. We need to be able to stretch the field and hit big plays. 3rd down % needs to go up too.

Daryl Williams isn't quite probowl caliber, but he's a HUGE improvement over Mills and much better than any OL on our roster by a considerable margin. Dawkins is kinda close, but no other OL on our roster is anywhere near him.

Edited by GreggTX