Bills need to build around their centerpiece.

Tatonka68

1 hour ago, Freddie's Dead said:

The centerpiece right now is LeSean McCoy.  He's the only proven playmaker on offense, although Zay Jones showed some promising signs last night.

Stop, please.  McCoy is a shell of himself, and most likely released at year's end or traded in about an hour!

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I dont necessarily think that is what they want to do....I think they are playing to the players they have

I think Deboll would actually like to pass more....just doesnt have the horses for it

Why because he DIDNT do it in Cle. He Didnt do it in Mia and he didnt do it in Bama??

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Why because he DIDNT do it in Cle. He Didnt do it in Mia and he didnt do it in Bama??

It may seem petty, but, the loose leaf paper play-calling was the last straw for me.  It reminds me of something a college student would do cramming for an exam, right before the test.  totally unprepared and it shows!

3 minutes ago, mabden said:

If you have disagreements, let's hear them. I take no offense.

I have more important things keeping me up at night.  ?

Sure. 

1.  Sammy Watkins could be here instead of KB on his 5th year option

2.  Woods could be here instead of the Dead Money they are paying for their Coleman Trade and Kerley signing

3.  Dareus could still be here for the same exact cap hit as what that DT position is costing right now. 

4.  McCarron choice over Bridgewater 

5.  The horrendous addressing of the OL when retirement popped up because they had to Sign Star to fill a hole they created. Then Doubled down on it with DT in 3rd. 

6. Waiting until what the 5th to even think about offense after drafting the QB that was going to need the most help?

1 hour ago, mabden said:

Not after this season.

I keep him.  At $8M, he's cheap.  Transition him to the Keith Byars, Kevin Faulk, Larry Centers out of the backfield receiver role.

39 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Stop, please.  McCoy is a shell of himself, and most likely released at year's end or traded in about an hour!

He had 95 yards of total offense last night, over 25% of our total O.  Right now he's more effective as a WR than an RB, but he's all we got.  If OBD trades him, we're gonna yearn for the days our offense could score 6 points in a game.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Sure. 

1.  Sammy Watkins could be here instead of KB on his 5th year option

Considered a bust, since he had an attitude problem and was unproductive due to constant injuries.

2.  Woods could be here instead of the Dead Money they are paying for their Coleman Trade and Kerley signing

Agree.  The Rams feel like they got a bargain for the contract they are paying him vs his production this year.

3.  Dareus could still be here for the same exact cap hit as what that DT position is costing right now. 

Once they signed this guy to 100mil contract he became a non-factor in games.  Considered lazy, off field personnel issues, and needed a change of scenery.

4.  McCarron choice over Bridgewater 

One maybe for another.

5.  The horrendous addressing of the OL when retirement popped up because they had to Sign Star to fill a hole they created. Then Doubled down on it with DT in 3rd. 

Agreed they should have addressed OL sooner in the draft.  Again, a roll of the dice on drafting a started in the 3rd round.  Phillips is a pretty good choice though and heir apparent for Williams. 

6. Waiting until what the 5th to even think about offense after drafting the QB that was going to need the most help?

Drafted Teller in the 5th.  Ray Ray in the 6th and Proehl  in the 7th.  So yeah you are right, but they did not have a 2nd round pick.

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

Arent we still paying the salaries of McCarron and Coleman to not be here?

Yep we are carrying dead cap money for both.  Should have kept McCarron, Coleman was a non starter from the get go.  My brother in law is a Brownie and he thought the Bills got fleeced for the Coleman trade.

Edited by mabden