Drew Rosenhaus sighting at Buffalo airport

DCbillsfan

Rosenhaus was flying out of Buffalo.  We were on the same flight.  Buffalo to Dulles.  I just looked him up through a google search.  RSR stands for Rosenhaus Sports Representation.  Unfortunately his wife didnt look all that great compared to internet photos.  Figures.

• Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

It was brought up in another thread, if Shady goes, what are the odds the Bills draft a RB with that top 5 pick? IMO wayyyy to close for comfort.   Keep Shady for another year just so we don't eff things up and take a RB early. 

I would think the opposite. This regime has not dedicated a single draft pick to a RB since they got here and seem to prefer older backs. I would be shocked if they did that. I would expect OL/DL at the top. 

2 minutes ago, DCbillsfan said:

Rosenhaus was flying out of Buffalo.  We were on the same flight.  Buffalo to Dulles.  I just looked him up through a google search.  RSR stands for Rosenhaus Sports Representation.  Unfortunately his wife didnt look all that great compared to internet photos.  Figures.

His visit coincided with Pryor’s which makes sense 

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I would think the opposite. This regime has not dedicated a single draft pick to a RB since they got here and seem to prefer older backs. I would be shocked if they did that. I would expect OL/DL at the top. 

His visit coincided with Pryor’s which makes sense 

They haven't had a need to draft one high because they have had McCoy.  Beane/McD prefer older veteran backups who can play special teams, but they have had McCoy so no need to look for a feature back.    Hopefully they are not looking to draft one in the first 2 rounds.  We have needs in other areas that will help the QB much more. I'd rather go with a good TE who can block and catch and OL/WR help.  

36 minutes ago, Shotgunner said:

Yeah, makes me think Shady.

The look on his face last night was- get me out of here.

1 minute ago, Soda Popinski said:

They haven't had a need to draft one high because they have had McCoy.  Beane/McD prefer older veteran backups who can play special teams, but they have had McCoy so no need to look for a feature back.    Hopefully they are not looking to draft one in the first 2 rounds.  We have needs in other areas that will help the QB much more. I'd rather go with a good TE who can block and catch and OL/WR help.  

Always take a young, workhorse rb rounds 3-5- another big mistake. 

3 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

The look on his face last night was- get me out of here.

Always take a young, workhorse rb rounds 3-5- another big mistake. 

Kareen Hunt in KC seems to be working out well for a 3rd round pick.  I'm not sure what round Howard was drafted in Chicago but same thing.    Kamara in New Orleans wasn't a 1st rounder either.  

Edited by Soda Popinski

3 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

I still think they would prefer to pay one in FA than draft one. They really  seem to prefer experienced RBs. I would prefer they draft one. 

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I still think they would prefer to pay one in FA than draft one. They really  seem to prefer experienced RBs. I would prefer they draft one. 

If they do, they do, I'm just saying I don't want one in the first 2 rounds.  In a passing league, where we need pass protectors, and pass catchers, investing too much in the running game is a bad idea. 

6 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

Kareen Hunt in KC seems to be working out well for a 3rd round pick.  I'm not sure what round Howard was drafted in Chicago but same thing.    Kamara in New Orleans wasn't a 1st rounder either.  

Exacyly Soda! This stuff isnt rocket science- young horses with a low salary for 4 years is a good recipe.

1 minute ago, billsfan_34 said:

Exacyly Soda! This stuff isnt rocket science- young horses with a low salary for 4 years is a good recipe.

It's a position that normally has high turnover, RBs don't last so you need fresh legs, but McBeane is attacking it the opposite way, if you're under 28 he doesnt' want you on the roster.   

He's going to have to get younger at RB, but I don't see the need to invest high draft capital.   Sign a free agent like Ivory again next year, draft one in the 3rd or 4th round.   Go from there.   Zeke and Barkley aren't carrying their teams to victory.   Neither is Fournette in Jacksonville.   

2 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

It's a position that normally has high turnover, RBs don't last so you need fresh legs, but McBeane is attacking it the opposite way, if you're under 28 he doesnt' want you on the roster.   

He's going to have to get younger at RB, but I don't see the need to invest high draft capital.   Sign a free agent like Ivory again next year, draft one in the 3rd or 4th round.   Go from there.   Zeke and Barkley aren't carrying their teams to victory.   Neither is Fournette in Jacksonville.   

We see eye to eye! Why not bring Ivory back, draft one and grab one in FA? 

It is a passing league no need to break the bank on a rb- get one that can pound it between the tackle and can pass protect.

Edited by billsfan_34
  • Thank you (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, PirateHookerMD said:

Pryor is a big enough deal that his power agent flies into town for a 1 or 2 year deal? Not sure

THIS!!! No way he's here for Pryor...I fear Shady is gone. We're not winning this year...might as well get something for him.

13 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

If they do, they do, I'm just saying I don't want one in the first 2 rounds.  In a passing league, where we need pass protectors, and pass catchers, investing too much in the running game is a bad idea. 

If there is a Todd Gurley type RB who plays a big role in the passing game it’s not a bad idea at all..but I don’t think there is anyone like that in this draft. There are those types of RBs in the draft, but no one who would go that high.

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, PirateHookerMD said:

Pryor is a big enough deal that his power agent flies into town for a 1 or 2 year deal? Not sure

It doesn't make sense but Pryor has signed a couple large contracts thus probably making Rosenhaus a nice chuck of change, so he might feel compelled to come himself.

not to mention he is probably the agent of a few players playing last night, always good to meet face to face and check in.

Its plausible

18 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

Taking a RB early in the top half of the first round is dumb, IMO.  The Giants should have taken Darnold instead of Barkley, and I think they realize that now.  Get your RB’s in the middle rounds, and ride them into the dirt.  Disposable.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Rosenhaus  always met with the Browns in person about Pryor fwiw 

I think that is the way to go, i forget his name but the agent that represented Peters during that whole debacle, the one who never returned any calls/faxes/emails i never liked that kind of negotiation.    I don't think he's alive anymore and I don't want to talk crap about him just that technique was IMO not a good way to do business.