It all comes back to coaching and scheme

Dadonkadonk

4 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I cannot name one person here who has not said something to the effect that until they draft a QB nothing else matters.  So they do that and they're still wrong.

My mistake, I thought you meant everyone wanted Allen.

8 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Who coached them?  

I lovr you guys.  When it's something from that draft that supports badhing McD, he ran the draft.  When it doesn't all of a sudden it was Whaley.

I think Pegulas will give them the time

I cannot name one person here who has not said something to the effect that until they draft a QB nothing else matters.  So they do that and they're still wrong.

Pegulas give 5 years? Not happening. 

2 hours ago, Dadonkadonk said:

This franchise simply can not identify talent at the coaching position.  I would be hard pressed to name a decent coach/coordinator since Marchibroda left.  

Look at Darby and Mathews today.  There are ex-Bills starting all over this league.  There are teams with just as little talent on offense as the Bills that can move the ball and put up points.  McD and Beane have shown no ability to judge talent nor bring in elite level coaching.  

I doubt they will be let go at the end of the season but it is not out of the realm of possibility if they lose out (again I doubt this will happen).  But does anyone trust either McDermott or Beane to make quality decisions with the roster, draft, and coordinators???  

It was all Whaley's fault!! Say what you want about the man, but he knew how to get/draft talented players.

Gailey schemed Fitz and Stevie Johnson into a respectable offense but chose Wannstedt to lead the offense.  

Schwartz schemed the Bills into a top 5 defense.  Rex destroyed it.  Hell even Anthony Lynn produced a top 10 scoring offense and a top 3 rushing offense.  McDermott, Dennison, and Castillo destroyed it.

From these examples I can see two legit arguments.  One, stop changing Head Coaches so often and try to get some consistency.  The other argument is McD is failing just like his predecessors with an offense that is regressing terribly and a defense that is schizophrenic at best.  

1 hour ago, joesixpack said:

Wrong. He was historically BAD at drafting.

Robert Woods, Sammy Watkins, Kiko Alonso, Marquise Goodwin, Preston Brown, Ross Cockrell, Ronald Darby, Karlos Williams, Reggie Ragland, Nick O'Leary, Stephone Gilmore, Cordy Glenn, Nigel Bradham. All but Karlos are starting/contributing to other teams across the league. Then we can talk about the FAs

Edited by the skycap

42 minutes ago, the skycap said:

Robert Woods, Sammy Watkins, Kiko Alonso, Marquise Goodwin, Preston Brown, Ross Cockrell, Ronald Darby, Karlos Williams, Reggie Ragland, Nick O'Leary, Stephone Gilmore, Cordy Glenn, Nigel Bradham. All but Karlos are starting/contributing to other teams across the league. Then we can talk about the FAs

I have put the numbers on here twice this season. The number of Doug Whaley draft picks starting for teams in the NFL this season is pretty solid and is above average as a % of his total picks compared to other GMs. What he didn't do was pick a real elite player. Sammy was his big shot at one and what he got was a good receiver not an elite playmaker, sadly. 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I have put the numbers on here twice this season. The number of Doug Whaley draft picks starting for teams in the NFL this season is pretty solid and is above average as a % of his total picks compared to other GMs. What he didn't do was pick a real elite player. Sammy was his big shot at one and what he got was a good receiver not an elite playmaker, sadly. 

I was responding to the above poster who said he was historically bad. I'm just so tired of all the false information being put out everywhere. Truth matters

8 hours ago, Dadonkadonk said:

This franchise simply can not identify talent at the coaching position.  I would be hard pressed to name a decent coach/coordinator since Marchibroda left.  

Look at Darby and Mathews today.  There are ex-Bills starting all over this league.  There are teams with just as little talent on offense as the Bills that can move the ball and put up points.  McD and Beane have shown no ability to judge talent nor bring in elite level coaching.  

I doubt they will be let go at the end of the season but it is not out of the realm of possibility if they lose out (again I doubt this will happen).  But does anyone trust either McDermott or Beane to make quality decisions with the roster, draft, and coordinators???  

I'm just asking not being a dick but there is almost a thread every day on this very subject. To me it looks like the classic fix one half of your problem areas this year and take care of the other problem areas the year after. I think they went heavy defensively the past 2 seasons... CB Tre White,  ILB Edmunds, CB Johnson, S Hyde, S Poyer, DT Louteleilei, DE Murphy, DT Phillips, LB Milano they have basically redid the entire defense from a 3-4 group to the 4-3, you can't take care of everything in 1 season there just isn't enough money or draft picks to go around. I fully expect to see a whole new OL, WR core, possibly a TE, RB and backup veteran QB, we'll spend some lute for sure on free agents. I'm not sure how anyone can say this regime is a failure, in reality they had to clear out all of Doug Whaley/Rex Ryan's failures that was first and foremost. I think we'll see more who this group really are as talent evaluators and coaches after free agency and the draft but that's just my take.