Bombs in Mail to Democrat Leaders?

Cinga

23 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

They will use the opportunity to say that the bomber(s) was inspired by the "Orange Man" which works for them just as well.

It's easy to figure out who did this.

'Working' bombs means someone on the right.

'Not working' means someone on the left, because no one defines 'not working' like progressives.

• Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

No, you're both right that's an odd combo. It's overkill. But sure does help juice up the headlines if you're trying to scare people one way or the other.

Here's HRC's comments...

Oh, ***** her.  You call for civility NOW???

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

No, you're both right that's an odd combo. It's overkill. But sure does help juice up the headlines if you're trying to scare people one way or the other.

Here's HRC's comments...

Thank God this woman is nothing but a spokesperson any more.

2 minutes ago, peace out said:

Question right-wing violent rhetoric = bad

Question the evidence hours into the situation and begin conspiracy theories against the left = good

This forum never ceases to amaze.

I can only speak for myself but let me be clear: I'm a non violent guy, I've never advocated for violence and condemn it and acts like this regardless of their politics. 

I don't think it's disingenuous to hold that position while also remaining skeptical of the information we're being told about the event. Every breaking news story get their facts muddled in the rush to be first. So retaining skepticism isn't a bad thing, or politically motivated - more a reflection of how erroneous the media tends to be at times like this (in the immediate hours after an incident).

I also think, considering everything else happening (midterms, Russia investigations, et al) that it's not beyond the realm of possibility there is *****ery afoot here. Doesn't mean there is, but it would be a more confusing position for any thinking person today to blindly believe what they're being told about this event. Discernment and patience are necessary. 

:beer: 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

This right wing scum bag is going to get caught. No way you can mail a package without being on camera at some point, or someone not remembering you. 

Thank you for reinforcing my theory that this person was not unknown to the places that were targeted which is to say he was not a right wing nut.  No way some random person gets close to any big figure's compound never mind the top dog themselves.  And let us not kid ourselves that a top figure opens every last piece of mail when it can number into the hundreds on a daily basis and also knows that there are people out there who would harm them.  I would guess that for these reasons unless the mail has a very specific mark only known to the receiver that an assistant opens it first.  So there was never a need to have a bomb actually work because it was never going directly to the top dog anyways.

1 minute ago, RochesterRob said:

Thank you for reinforcing my theory that this person was not unknown to the places that were targeted which is to say he was not a right wing nut.  No way some random person gets close to any big figure's compound never mind the top dog themselves.  And let us not kid ourselves that a top figure opens every last piece of mail when it can number into the hundreds on a daily basis and also knows that there are people out there who would harm them.  I would guess that for these reasons unless the mail has a very specific mark only known to the receiver that an assistant opens it first.  So there was never a need to have a bomb actually work because it was never going directly to the top dog anyways.

We will find out when they catch him/her. No way someone sends out this many packages and leaves no evidence. And right wing and other terrorists are spreading fear, they don't need to hit specific target. What was Tim McVeigh trying to accomplish exactly?