Bombs in Mail to Democrat Leaders?

Cinga

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

He did tweet - but it just echoed Pence's statement. (see last page)

But usually - and I think this is peace's point - politicians release independent condemnations.  I've never seen a statement of condemnation that was just a retweet and "Yeah, what he said!" tweet.  

I don't think it's nefarious, just Trump being his typical self, and not understanding the conventions in such a case.

9 minutes ago, peace out said:

Domestic terrorism and the president's response is to quote his VP and say What he said!

I'd prefer more out of a leader but am surprised he has said anything yet. Good for Trump.

He probably had Kelly and half a dozen other staff at his elbow trying to take his phone away, and screaming "Don't say anything yourself, dammit!  You'll ***** it up!  Just retweet Pence!"

13 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

The perp couldnt be that stupid could they? I guess anything is possible. Maybe they really didnt like DWS and thought hey, if these dont get to the original targets, DWS will have a bunch of bombs

I'm just going with "epic troll."

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

So  I see two likely explanations (both just my conjecture)

This truly is a right wing nut who needs to be found and incarcerated forever. Absolutely no excuse for this crap. The most damning part of this is that it's also targeting people no longer in positions of power so you can't even make some lame attempt at a "revolution" defense. (not that it would be a good defense anyways)

Or else, this is an attempt by someone on the left to either drum up sympathy, or else distract from the border issue which seems to not be going the way they wanted it. I think this is less likely, but it will be interesting to see what the packages turn out to be and if they are truly bombs meant to maim and kill. 

I would ask about the probability of one nut being able to operate in complete stealth in the NYC/DC area within 24 hrs?  I am not saying it is impossible but am saying it is far more likely it is a known operative for the left with security redirected to allow penetration of several different addresses.

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

Clinton speaking now... 

We dodged a huge bullet. Jesus she's rough to listen to.

Again, as confirmed by the Secret Service and posted in this thread multiple times, a bomb was not mailed to the White House.

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Domestic terrorism is really horrible. I hope the voters punish Republicans for this outrageous act. Plus! If you vote Democrat you will get a free car!! 

The sad part of your statement is that below the surface you are very much in line with that thinking.

Just now, peace out said:

Another one the conspiracy theorists love to blame and go after for X, Y, and/or Z.

It's a very specific grouping of targets. 

I said it a few pages ago, but considering how some in the media already tried to put the Austin bombings on the Q team - it'll be a matter of hours before the spotlight is swung in that direction.