Country Music Thread

1 hour ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I post The Walk by Sawyer Brown, but I cant listen to it without crying. 

My man.  I saw a lot of shows this summer and skipped a few (Kansas, Billy Joel, Chvrches, Metallica) that I really wanted to go to but from Marilyn Manson and Erasure to David Allan Coe and 30 Seconds to Mars with many in between - diamond Rio might have been the best.  They stood on stage and said we went to a concert once of Jackson Browne and he didn't play all of his hits, in fact he played 1. We left disappointed. We aren't going to do that to you.  They hit every song they needed to except for one I wanted that so badly that's obscure and two more just as hidden.  (Finish what we started, I know how the river feels, and she misses him on Sunday the most)

Sawyer brown, great band I want to see.  This night won't last forever takes me back to a dirt track in Iowa.

Nitty gritty dirt band, that song is so good but so overplayed by douchebags it's lost a touch. Even douchebag luke Bryant played it.  I'll submit a better nitty gritty dirt band song.

And Alabama, they're #2 on my list to see behind George.

Now this is some good up tempo country:

hkKnXgO5r94

And for gugs...

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

Then you get the new phangled country throwback sound with a terrible guy like Chris Stapleton whose every song sounds like the last and you realize country music is dead. 

I know what you're saying, since Chris' tracks aren't particularly unique and he's a bore on stage, but his voice is phenomenal. 

I do wonder why the machine picked him to be their token "good ol' boy", as they've typically wanted nothing to do with that style of country. 

We saw him at Red Rocks last year and it was a top 3 show in my book. 

1 hour ago, TheElectricCompany said:

I know what you're saying, since Chris' tracks aren't particularly unique and he's a bore on stage, but his voice is phenomenal. 

I do wonder why the machine picked him to be their token "good ol' boy", as they've typically wanted nothing to do with that style of country. 

We saw him at Red Rocks last year and it was a top 3 show in my book. 

Why was it so good?  I saw Luke Bryant and Brett Eldridge a few years ago and they did a great show with lots of energy with the worst music possible.  I'd much prefer that vs great music and a ***** show.  Chicago was the worst concert I saw this year besides sturgill Simpson. I qualify Simpson more as an audible abortion on stage than a concert.

But, i can't imagine a bad performance on stage with good music being that worthwhile unless you're one of those folks who finds the exact place to sit to get the best audio quality at a live event.

I just can't imagine how he'd be good in concert

1 hour ago, Boyst62 said:

Why was it so good?  I saw Luke Bryant and Brett Eldridge a few years ago and they did a great show with lots of energy with the worst music possible.  I'd much prefer that vs great music and a ***** show.  Chicago was the worst concert I saw this year besides sturgill Simpson. I qualify Simpson more as an audible abortion on stage than a concert.

But, i can't imagine a bad performance on stage with good music being that worthwhile unless you're one of those folks who finds the exact place to sit to get the best audio quality at a live event.

I just can't imagine how he'd be good in concert

As I mentioned earlier, Stapleton's voice is incredible. "Either Way" was hauntingly beautiful. I'm having a hard time thinking of any artist I've seen live that came close to his pure vocal chops, although James Taylor was close. 

He's pretty chill live, doesn't move around much, doesn't seem to get fired up, but that may be just be his personality. 

Red Rocks is as good as it gets acoustically, which plays a factor, but my wife saw him in Nashville 2 months later and said it was pretty damn good too 

1 minute ago, TheElectricCompany said:

As I mentioned earlier, Stapleton's voice is incredible. "Either Way" was hauntingly beautiful. I'm having a hard time thinking of any artist I've seen live that came close to his pure vocal chops, although James Taylor was close. 

He's pretty chill live, doesn't move around much, doesn't seem to get fired up, but that may be just be his personality. 

Red Rocks is as good as it gets acoustically, which plays a factor, but my wife saw him in Nashville 2 months later and said it was pretty damn good too 

When did you see James Taylor?  He was in town a while back and I skipped going because I've heard he is lousy of recent.

19 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

They stood on stage and said we went to a concert once of Jackson Browne and he didn't play all of his hits, in fact he played 1. We left disappointed. We aren't going to do that to you.  

I've read that Dylan does this. Plays a bunch of new ***** nobody has ever heard unless you've bought a record since his Jesus years, then ends with Like a Rolling Stone. 

Edited by The Real Buffalo Joe

Pretty much any 90’s country hit is gold. Garth Brooks is the best complete artist I have ever seen. No one will ever entertain in concert the way Garth has/ still is. Also, Luke Combs has not put out a song I haven’t liked.  

5 hours ago, TheElectricCompany said:

Red Rocks. Of course, he's got some wear and tear, but it was a great show. He played nearly 3 hours. 

That World Series opening anthem by James Taylor was pretty rough. 

On 10/24/2018 at 10:30 PM, Buftex said:

This guy just retired, for health reasons..I suspect he makes a comeback. Damn fine songwriter, and great live performer.  

I would pay $10k to have heard the country music sounds you've heard in your life.

On 10/24/2018 at 9:51 PM, Bills2ref said:

Pretty much any 90’s country hit is gold. Garth Brooks is the best complete artist I have ever seen. No one will ever entertain in concert the way Garth has/ still is. Also, Luke Combs has not put out a song I haven’t liked.  

That World Series opening anthem by James Taylor was pretty rough. 

An ex's (Caitlin, for those who met her at the TBDAHOT 3 seasons ago) dad was best friends with him growing up. Said she's heard him play a thousand times and never really noticed how much he fell off until this year.

----

Thursday I will have 3rd row tickets center stage for Gary Allan. He is top 5 of guys I want to see, despite seeing him at a free concert 2 years ago. George is number 1.  2 little Texas number 2

• 2 months later...