Tank.....just tank.....

The Process

14 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

First, QBs don't learn from the bench.  They learn by playing.

Second, the only way tanking in football could be worth it, IMO, is if you are doing it in a year where a top QB prospect is available and your tanking assures that you can get him.

Unfortunately, the Bills think they already have their QB and they will not draft another one with our first, high, draft pick next year.

So then why is this the year to be tanking?  

Having said that, I'm in favor of losing out as of right now, this season. 

In my opinion, this would be the perfect scenario for the Bills:

1) Allen shows progress enough to make us believers that he’ll be the guy.... yet

2) we still lose out and secure the number 1 pick in the draft

3) some college player (preferably a QB) establishes himself as re clear cut 1st pick in the draft

4) another team, picking only slightly lower than us gives up the farm for our #1 pick. We end up with more picks than we can count.. or maybe a stud player as well 

Super Bowl!

7 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

In my opinion, this would be the perfect scenario for the Bills:

1) Allen shows progress enough to make us believers that he’ll be the guy.... yet

2) we still lose out and secure the number 1 pick in the draft

3) some college player (preferably a QB) establishes himself as re clear cut 1st pick in the draft

4) ,another team, picking only slightly lower than us gives up the farm for our #1 pick. We end up with more picks than we can count.. or maybe a stud player as well 

Super Bowl!

I hope its Marrone, Jags are in win now mode and they know Bortles is gonna bortle.   

47 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Chuckie is making sure the Raiders get the # 1 spot.  

The Giants may make a bid for #2

the horse was well out of the barn before the BIlls started to tank

can't even do this right

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

LOL  ....  Give us a few more weeks.  

was in an office pool with a small print line stating last place would get a decent prize

took 10 years for someone to go right for last place from day one.

it was spreads, so even trying to tank was about the same as trying to get them right.

On 10/21/2018 at 3:34 PM, OldTimer1960 said:

If you were not ready for this, then you either were not paying attention or you were delusional.  They are positioned to acquire some significant assets in FA and draft this off-season.

Heck, even Murph and Chris Brown were saying this last year -- that the Bills would take a step back this year while eating dead money and bringing along a rookie QB. I think it's the people that were clueless and expected the opposite that are doing all the whining now. I'm fine with a rebuild, but all this whining and crying and the calls to blow it up and start over again before we've even seen the results of the current total organizational rebuild are annoying. Some folks just need to get a life. No doubt their perspective will be equally wacked when we start signing all those FA's in a few months.

12 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

Heck, even Murph and Chris Brown were saying this last year -- that the Bills would take a step back this year while eating dead money and bringing along a rookie QB. I think it's the people that were clueless and expected the opposite that are doing all the whining now. I'm fine with a rebuild, but all this whining and crying and the calls to blow it up and start over again before we've even seen the results of the current total organizational rebuild are annoying. Some folks just need to get a life. No doubt their perspective will be equally wacked when we start signing all those FA's in a few months.

this is a 20 year rebuild and counting..............................

On 10/22/2018 at 6:28 AM, Fadingpain said:

Second, the only way tanking in football could be worth it, IMO, is if you are doing it in a year where a top QB prospect is available and your tanking assures that you can get him.

Unfortunately, the Bills think they already have their QB and they will not draft another one with our first, high, draft pick next year.

No one can say for sure if sitting helps or if being thrown into the fire is best. Roger's, Mahommes, they both sat and watched veterans for at least a season. Brady sat behind Bledsoe. Could someone like Manuel or Losman have been better if they sat for a season too, behind a veteran watching, and learning, and practicing with them?

On 10/22/2018 at 6:28 AM, Fadingpain said:

While I agree with most of your point, I am sure that they see it that they can't possibly have a Superbowl caliber team this year while clearing dead cap, so might as well tank this year and get a blue chip prospect for another position that they strongly value before they spend 90 million in FA and make a push to become a Superbowl caliber team.

Not that I am saying I agree with this philosophy or not, but that is what it looks like they are doing.

7 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Chuckie is making sure the Raiders get the # 1 spot.  

The Giants may make a bid for #2

Don't discount the Arizona Cardinals either!

There are going to be several teams vying for "worst in the league" honors this year, and I don't think we will win that contest.

How the draft order plays out, who is in front of us, what their QB needs are, what college QBs decide to come out and/or make a name for themselves this year, and how that might relate to us trading down and acquiring tons of picks is all going to be a lot more interesting than this actual football season, unfortunately.

I would be happy with a bottom 3 finish, but I think even that might be tough to pull off.