Derek Anderson’s performance against the Colts

SDS

Overall Anderson played poorly but it had more to do with how little time he's been on the roster and the fact that Buffalo has assembled one of the two worst offensive teams in the NFL this year.  Frankly I can't think of a single NFL team with wide receivers & tight ends as bad as the Bills. 

Let's not forget that Indy was the 24th rated defense in giving up yardage and the 30th rated defense in giving up points.  This was the weakest defense Buffalo has played this year.  Today's game also tied with the Packers & Ravens games for the worst offensive performance of the year.  The only difference is that the Packers & Ravens are top 5 defenses and the Colts are not - by a long stretch.

I’d go with Peterman until Allen is ready.  The season is over.   Maybe just maybe the light comes on for Peterman.  

There is NO point in playing Grandpa Anderson. 

This assumes McClappy is even aware who is playing on the offensive side of the ball. 

Just now, LabattBlue said:

I’d go with Peterman until Allen is ready.  The season is over.   Maybe just maybe the light comes on for Peterman.  

There is NO point in playing Grandpa Anderson. 

This assumes McClappy is even aware who is playing on the offensive side of the ball. 

Won't happen. He's strictly break glass in case of emergency.  Does not belong in the NFL. 

33 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Tells you what stats are worth 

The margin today was not that different than the margin against Baltimore.

Do you REALLY think the team got dominated in the same fashion?

I'm not trying to put a positive spin on anything. As a matter of fact, it's even MORE discouraging as an organization when you fail in every single big moment within a game. It's almost more acceptable to just get destroyed.

This was not a mismatch in talent.

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Won't happen. He's strictly break glass in case of emergency.  Does not belong in the NFL. 

Peterman is better than Anderson. He threw a TD last week and gave the Bills a lead the Defense couldn't hold. Anderson retired for a reason. Peterman should start. Just leave him in for a few games. He at least has some upside and if he cant produce over a  4 game period get rid of him. Playing Anderson is laughable. He looked awful.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Kevin1778 said:

Peterman is better than Anderson. He threw a TD last week and gave the Bills a lead the Defense couldn't hold. Anderson retired for a reason. Peterman should start. Just leave him in for a few games. He at least has some upside and if he cant produce over a  4 game period get rid of him. Playing Anderson is laughable. He looked awful.

No. No he isn't and that's why he isn't going to start.  Peterman throws soul crushing INTs at a historically high rate. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

No. No he isn't and that's why he isn't going to start. 

He won't start because McDermott is a coward. Peterman drove the Bill's offense down field for TD to take lead against an elite Defense. Anderson did nothing against a 1-5 team with a terrible D. Enough. Just play the guy who was in camp and knows the Offense. Today was pathetic. They were 1-5.

4 minutes ago, Kevin1778 said:

Lol you are insane if you think Peterman is better then anybody. I just hope Peterman is finally cut tomorrow so that there is no fear of him ever hurting us again. I dead serious would take Tim Tebow, not even having played football in 3 years (as is) over Peterman. Never Peterman, never again

1 minute ago, papazoid said:

Anderson is a complete waste of time.

they should start Peterman to convince most fans that he is also a complete waste of time.

draft another QB in the 1st or 2nd round in 2019...….and keep doing that until you get it right

Totally agree.

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Lol you are insane if you think Peterman is better then anybody. I just hope Peterman is finally cut tomorrow so that there is no fear of him ever hurting us again. I dead serious would take Tim Tebow, not even having played football in 3 years (as is) over Peterman. Never Peterman, never again

Cut? Are you kidding? Allen is injured and Anderson limped into locker after turning the ball over 4x against the 1-5 colts and their awful D. At least Peterman sucks against good teams.

Just now, Kevin1778 said:

He won't start because McDermott is a coward. Peterman drove the Bill's offense down field for TD to take lead against an elite Defense. Anderson did nothing against a 1-5 team with a terrible D. Enough. Just play the guy who was in camp and knows the Offense. Today was pathetic. They were 1-5.

No, no, and no. McDermott gave him multiple chances and Peterman failed him each time.   He's done and does not belong in the league. You know nothing about the Colts if you think they are terrible. 

2 minutes ago, Kevin1778 said:

Totally agree.

Cut? Are you kidding? Allen is injured and Anderson limped into locker after turning the ball over 4x against the 1-5 colts and their awful D. At least Peterman sucks against good teams.

Peterman might be the single worst qb in nfl history. Anderson didn’t even play anywhere near as bad as Peterman or Allen has the past 3 games. None of this matters. Who even cares? This entire team sucks and all of us are left to suffer 

2 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Peterman might be the single worst qb in nfl history. Anderson didn’t even play anywhere near as bad as Peterman or Allen has the past 3 games. None of this matters. Who even cares? This entire team sucks and all of us are left to suffer 

Peterman had a higher QB rating last week against a team that has a real D and is now in first place than Anderson had today against a 1-5 team. Anderson was AWFUL. 

12 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

You are insane. 50-50 Peterman starts Monday Night. If he doesn't he will be starting against Bears. Anderson is done. He wasn't brought here to play. He is barely walking after today's game.

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Petermania is thankfully dead. You can forget it! 

Peterman is the best option. Even if he isn't a good option. Anderson was awful against one of worst teams in NFL.

1 minute ago, Kevin1778 said:

You are insane. 50-50 Peterman starts Monday Night. If he doesn't he will be starting against Bears. Anderson is done. He wasn't brought here to play. He is barely walking after today's game.

Peterman is the best option. Even if he isn't a good option. Anderson was awful against one of worst teams in NFL.

Don't hold your breath.