Derek Anderson to start vs Colts

YoloinOhio

17 hours ago, B Fan in LA said:

Our starting QB has been out of football for the past year, and has been practicing with the team for a few days.

We are pathetic.................

Actually, he played last January...

While with the Carolina Panthers 

Anderson came into the 2017 NFC Wild Card Round on January 7, 2018 against the New Orleans Saints in the fourth quarter after Newton went down with an injury.[44]

So, really, he just missed a training camp and a couple of games.

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think they want to play him as soon as he’s ready, but it will be complicated if they are actively in a playoff race and DA is playing well. I think that’s why McD was deliberately vague on when he’d be back, only saying that he had a chance to return this year. Whereas Josh made it sound like he felt it would be a couple weeks, matching the reports. 

I agree, but....I also think some of it may be *how* the Bills are winning if that's the case. If it's the same ole, same ole Offense we've seen through five of the six weeks, then it would make sense to go back to Allen. But (and here's me crossing everything I can from head to toe) if Anderson comes out and puts together a competent Offense in those games - not prolific but NFL average - then I think it will be quite difficult for McD to sell to the team that it's better "for the team" in the current year to have Allen back at the helm.