UB - 31 Toledo - 17. 7-1 now.

PromoTheRobot

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

It happened to NIU and would have happened to Ball State in 2008 if UB hadn't upset them in the MAC Championship. But you're right, MAC teams have to be perfect to be taken seriously. But at one loss they could still crack the Top 25 and get a decent bowl. Maybe not a New Year's game, but at least not a pre-Christmas Tuesday night bowl game.

Very true, I forgot about those teams.   

UB is very talented and I wish they could’ve ran the tables but Army was the better team.

They are a program which is growing so this is a beautiful year for them no matter what but they still have a lot of football left

they are not the clearcut far and away the best MAC team. They need to stay hungry and focused and take care of business 

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I think UB has "a bowl game" pretty much wrapped up. But if they want to play a prestige bowl, shoot for a ranking and make a statement, they have to get past Toledo and Ohio on the road, and take care of business against a surging Miami Ohio at home.

I agree, a lot rides on Anthony Johnson. Tyree and the offense are not the same without him. In fact I think they could have beat Army if AJ was 100%. 

And once again, I have to watch UB on delay because of other obligations, *****. And worse, I have to pay for ESPN+. Go Bulls!

Good stuff.

BTW, won't wreck it for you here.

PTR, I was just to look this up earlier but didn't get anywhere.  How far can they go or rather to what bowl?

Of course I know they can't be part of the BCS, but if they go 12-1 (including winning the MAC Championship Game) are they locked into a low level "MAC Champion vs. Whoever Bowl" or is there some play with it?

7 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Good stuff.

PTR, I was just to look this up earlier but didn't get anywhere.  How far can they go or rather to what bowl?

Of course I know they can't be part of the BCS, but if they go 12-1 (including winning the MAC Championship Game) are they locked into a low level "MAC Champion vs. Whoever Bowl" or is there some play with it?

Unfortunately it's a real long shot to go to a decent bowl, even with a 12-1 record. That's because many bowl games have tie-ins with certain conferences. The best UB can hope for is to fill in for a Power 5 conference slot.  Right now bowl predictions include the Potato Bowl  in Boise (ugh,) the Camellia Bowl in Mobile, the Bahamas Bowl and the Cheribundi Tart Cherry Bowl in Boca Raton. All those bowls have MAC tie-ins.

The most optimistic bowl projection was from SI: https://www.si.com/college-football/2018/10/15/ncaa-bowl-projections-week-8-predictions-schedule  UB vs Purdue at the Quick Lane Bowl in Detroit.  My fantasy bowl would be the Pinstripe Bowl vs Syracuse. The Battle of NY!!

Edited by PromoTheRobot

6 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Good stuff.

It really all depends on how UB and the MAC can sell their program... there were people from the Orange Bowl committee at the Army Game and they let them down for sure

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

It really all depends on how UB and the MAC can sell their program... there were people from the Orange Bowl committee at the Army Game and they let them down for sure

Frack!

Man, 716, where they'd be right now at 7-0...

EDIT:  BTW, can they please stop absolutely slamming on the breaks when they are up by more than 10?

They don't have to rub it in but at least look like you are still trying.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

12 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Frack!

EDIT:  BTW, can they please stop absolutely slamming on the breaks when they are up by more than 10?

The first semifinal of the Playoff on December 29???

3 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Frack!

Yea the what if’s sting... but they need to focus and grab the MAC title

i think it’s a whole product of Leipolds offense... he uses a numbers game going back to white water... that is why they always check to the sideline every play 

if the numbers are outside the box , check to run, if the numbers are inside the box, check to pass

i think he has always taken what the defense gives him and when they have 5 DBs on the field he will run run run

i do wish he wouldn’t let up, but the season isn’t over yet. He Has some tough game where he cannot

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

It’s hard to get thrown to all year when he has hardly played

hes been hurt for weeks

He's still been in there the last couple weeks. A limited snap count though. The plays he's been in there Tyree hasn't looking his way a lot.

Edited by suorangefan4

3 minutes ago, suorangefan4 said:

He's still been in there the last few weeks. A limited snap count though. The plays he's in there Tyree wasn't looking his way a lot.

He played like 2 snaps vs army.. under 5 vs Central Michigan and I don’t think he had that many vs Akron last week

He is still working himself back

Edited by Buffalo716

1 minute ago, suorangefan4 said:

I don't know if that's sarcastic or what.

He's only had like 5 targets so far. And of course 2 go for TDs. That's why he needs to throw to him more.

I'm just messing with you. 

I think the problem today is that Jacskon is looking for him too much, isn't finding him open enough, and is late getting to his next option. And we've seen a season high number of sacks against. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.