UB - 31 Toledo - 17. 7-1 now.

PromoTheRobot

9 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I saw that naked guy in campus a few weeks ago... he was pretty naked...

that isnt the image I want for UB ?

But think about how now UB students actually cheer for their school. That's a big achievement on its own. When I went to UB in the late 70s there was ZERO school spirit.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

But think about how now UB students actually cheer for their school. That's a big achievement on its own. When I went to UB in the late 70s there was ZERO school spirit.

No that’s true...

he had had a bunch of school spirit ?

its actually good to see

41 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Toledo in the glass bowl is gonna be a tough one.  Need more from the passing game this week to keep up.  If UB can step up to win this one, they could be looking at a 10-win season.   

If they can get buy Toledo they can possibly run the tables through the MAC championship game 

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

Toledo in the glass bowl is gonna be a tough one.  Need more from the passing game this week to keep up.  If UB can step up to win this one, they could be looking at a 10-win season.   

I don't see anyway the Rockets can stop our punishing ground game...it took a bit of time last Saturday to physically take over the trenches,but we did it.Patty,Marks,Marks,Patty....then open up.After watching Toledo a few times this year,I didn't see a fast defense...and they get smoked underneath.Send AJ Christmas shopping downfield so he can take a safety with him...then boom,boom,boom underneath to Osborn/Rushing/Nunn.I wouldn't take too many sandwich and potty breaks during this one.....since both teams can score on a drop of a dime.Bulls 41-34,hopefully.

11 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Nice that ch. 2 is doing this but they are getting on board ts a tad late. I'm pretty sure they are simply taking the ESPN feed of the game but adding the local countdown show is a nice touch. 

Could be a good strategy to align with the only winning football team in WNY while the Bills are chasing their tails. 

Edited by PromoTheRobot

4 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Nice that ch. 2 is doing this but they are getting on board ts a tad late. I'm pretty sure they are simply taking the ESPN feed of the game but adding the local countdown show is a nice touch. 

Could be a good strategy to align with the only winning football team in WNY while the Bills are chasing their tails. 

WNLO has too be kicking themselves in the butt for signing another one year deal with the ACC network.The Bulls Insider is on at 11:30..then at 12,it's the ACC GOTW...doesn't make sense because they (4/23) are the official station(s) for UB football and basketball.CH 2 will make a bundle on this game,those beet juice,air fryer and magic pill infomercials can't bring in that much currency.Great job by Stu Boyer to get this broadcast on some free air.

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

This one could be tight, Promo.

I am actually a little nervous.

Jackson needs to shake this slightly over 50% passing and Johnson needs to come back fully this game.

I think UB has "a bowl game" pretty much wrapped up. But if they want to play a prestige bowl, shoot for a ranking and make a statement, they have to get past Toledo and Ohio on the road, and take care of business against a surging Miami Ohio at home.

I agree, a lot rides on Anthony Johnson. Tyree and the offense are not the same without him. In fact I think they could have beat Army if AJ was 100%. 

And once again, I have to watch UB on delay because of other obligations, *****. And worse, I have to pay for ESPN+. Go Bulls!

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I think UB has "a bowl game" pretty much wrapped up. But if they want to play a prestige bowl, shoot for a ranking and make a statement, they have to get past Toledo and Ohio on the road, and take care of business against a surging Miami Ohio at home.

I agree, a lot rides on Anthony Johnson. Tyree and the offense are not the same without him. In fact I think they could have beat Army if AJ was 100%. 

And once again, I have to watch UB on delay because of other obligations, *****. And worse, I have to pay for ESPN+. Go Bulls!

It is too bad UB loss to Army.  Undefeated no matter what conference you are brings some serious clout rolling into November.  If they could of ran the table they would of been ranked & who knows possibly a New years six bowl?  People will laugh at that but it happened to W Michigan a few years ago.  UB would of had solid wins against Temple/Army.  

1 minute ago, Gordio said:

It is too bad UB loss to Army.  Undefeated no matter what conference you are brings some serious clout rolling into November.  If they could of ran the table they would of been ranked & who knows possibly a New years six bowl?  People will laugh at that but it happened to W Michigan a few years ago.  UB would of had solid wins against Temple/Army.  

It happened to NIU and would have happened to Ball State in 2008 if UB hadn't upset them in the MAC Championship. But you're right, MAC teams have to be perfect to be taken seriously. But at one loss they could still crack the Top 25 and get a decent bowl. Maybe not a New Year's game, but at least not a pre-Christmas Tuesday night bowl game.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.