Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

Bernie Sanders isn't a joke — he's dangerous

Washington Examiner, by Editorial

Original Article

Pundits wrote off Sen. Bernie Sanders’s campaign back in October after his heart attack evoked the risks of nominating a candidate who would turn 80 during the first year of his presidency. But since then, Sanders has made a remarkable comeback — and not just in terms of his health. Having climbed to second place nationally and raised a whopping $34.5 million in the fourth quarter, he now finds himself leading in New Hampshire and tied for first place in Iowa, according to the latest CBS/YouGov poll. Perhaps Joe Biden, who enjoys much stronger support among black voters, is still in a better position to win the Democratic nomination.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FRANK MIELE: Are Dems Crazy? How Can Biden Still Be Their No. 1 Choice?

So yeah, I thought Biden would stay safely retired throughout the 2020 campaign. And when he got in, I thought the luster would wear off quickly and the radical Dems would throw him under the bus. Instead, he has hovered between 25% and 30% in the national polls and has never left first place. How can this be?

Isn’t this the candidate who called an octogenarian voter “fat” and challenged him to a push-up contest? Isn’t he the same “Creepy Joe Biden” who bragged about letting children stroke his leg hair and jump on his lap when he was a lifeguard? Didn’t Biden just do his best Hillary impression by telling coal miners that they should forget about their hefty paychecks and instead go to night school to learn how to code software? Heck, couldn’t he have just been honest and told them that everyone will eventually wind up working at an Amazon warehouse anyway, so get used to it?

In any normal campaign year, Joe Biden would have preceded Eric Swalwell and Bill de Blasio to the exit. All right, maybe not Swalwell. But this is not any normal political campaign.

I guess you might say that Biden has been fortunate in his choice of enemies.

That last part is certainly true, but only until and unless he captures the nomination. Then I’m guessing he’d rather face almost anyone but Trump.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

Fears of Sanders win growing among Democratic establishment

Associated Press, by Steve Peoples & Alexandra Jaffe

Original Article

you just keep showing up and maybe you can fluke out a win

a few times this has happened

is the Machine going to destroy Bernie from within like it did in 2016?  they know he is hopeless a national candidate

10 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Serious question for the democrats down here -- doesn't it piss you off that the party is once again tilting the primary in favor of the establishment choice (Biden)? Or are you fine with being lied to, cheated, and disenfranchised by your own "party"?

there is the distinct possibility of another outcome here, a brokered convention. whereby they can draft Clinton or even Pelosi for that matter. regardless, there is definitely an agenda here. 

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Foxx said:

there is the distinct possibility of another outcome here, a brokered convention. whereby they can draft Clinton or even Pelosi for that matter. regardless, there is definitely an agenda here. 

I doubt Pelosi could live down her brother Foster's influence on her: