The Bills' D is Starting to Take Form - Now Number Three in DVOA

What does it matter when our offense doesn’t and is incapable of taking advantage of anything. We can only hope Allen gets better and our defense can play just as well next year. I’m assuming our defense will be even better next year as well as our offense all we will need is a #2 corner and our defense becomes a unit with no weaknesses. Which as much as McDermott cares about his defense it’s odd to me that he let the #2 corner spot go unaddressed the entire offseason. Maybe he couldn’t find a good second corner who knows his scripture. It’s just another showing that McDermott isn’t thorough or his evaluation of talent isn’t that good

Edited by Rebel101

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to The Bills' D is Starting to Take Form - Still Number Two in DVOA

As long as this team does it’s homework in FA and can sign 2 solid Oline and a good WR too.

i wouldn’t mind if they grabbed Josh Allen from Kentucky inside to top 10.

Imagine Edmunds, Milano and Allen for the next 3-4 years +.

But this team has got to get a solid C & G... Question is what does this team think of Mills at RT?

On 11/7/2018 at 2:29 PM, mjd1001 said:

I know what you mean and I agree with you. I have thought about this a lot and there really isn't a 100% solution.  My best guess on how to do things?

-Identify 4 stars on defense you want to have at any given time( Maybe 1 pass rusher, 1 interior line guy, 1 LB, and 1 shut down corner.) Pay them.  Fill in the rest of the D with the 'best guys you can' between players on their rookie contract or street free agents.  If in a given year the 'rest of the guys' aren't that good, you hope your 4 studs can carry your D unit to at least be average.  If in a given year or two you find some diamonds in the rough with the 'rest of the guys', then you have a top 10 (maybe top 5) d-unit.

Right now, the NFL average is to spend about $66 million dollars per year on Defense and about $71-$72 million on offense.  I'd try to be near those figures...maybe SLIGHTLY more slanted toward the offense side of things as long as I can lock in my 4 stars on the D-side of the ball.

That really is today’s formula. ID cornerstones and cycle the rest through. When you get a kamara/Thomas/lattimore or hill/hunt/mahomes on rookie contracts playing all pro ball you go from playoff contender to possible championships 

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to The Bills' D is Starting to Take Form - Now Number Three in DVOA

Same old RZ garbage. When the hell is this team going to get some stops inside the 20?

We are now at 70% TD's given up, just 4 spots from the bottom. It's a real problem for a D that claims to be amongst the best.

The defense needs a young Lorax.

3 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Same old RZ garbage. When the hell is this team going to get some stops inside the 20?

We are now at 70% TD's given up, just 4 spots from the bottom. It's a real problem for a D that claims to be amongst the best.

The defense needs a young Lorax.

Been an issue for most of the season that they can't seem to get corrected.  Frazier talked about it this week. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Been an issue for most of the season that they can't seem to get corrected.  Frazier talked about it this week. 

It's a weird issue with no easy answers, but it's a BFD. Even if you allow 2 out 3 from Miami, Allen isn't heaving one into the endzone and Haushka is lining up for a go ahead FG.

The difference between 3 and 6,7, or 8 cannot be overstated.

Just now, LSHMEAB said:

It's a weird issue with no easy answers, but it's a BFD. Even if you allow 2 out 3 from Miami, Allen isn't heaving one into the endzone and Haushka is lining up for a go ahead FG.

Exactly. Holding a team to three makes a huge difference. Just from recollection, that helped quite a bit in 2017 in close games.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/8/2018 at 3:48 AM, 26CornerBlitz said:

They are congealing into a unit that can keep the team in games on a weekly basis.  It's nice to see after the slow start to begin the season. 

I did not like the 3 for 3 on TDs in the redzone last week.   We are giving up too many TDs.

8 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

It's 3, 4, or 5.

Just trying to help out here.

• Haha (+1) 1