5-4 Right Wing Court Majority. What Will They Do?

Just now, whatdrought said:

With any luck they will use their widespread, sweeping, unchecked power to send you to Europe, or some other beacon of liberal political genius where you can really be happy. 

You'd need some power to take me out! 

1 hour ago, nkreed said:

Let me make my position a little clearer. The entire world should not know how the Supreme Court will rule prior to a case being heard. This is the unfortunate state we currently live in. We know how cases will be handled (for the most part) becaus to of the politics behind the sitting judges. Instead of making political statements, I just want them to take the facts of the case at hand and make a decision.

Actually, a great many, if not most, Supreme Court decisions are 9-0/8-1/7-2. They just aren't widely reported, because they're non controversial resolutions to splits between the circuits on minor things.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Proper dueling is done with edged weapons, you ninny.

Proper mayhem? So Andrew Jackson was doing it wrong? Same with Hamilton? You are the ninny. 

But it I think Abe Lincoln was going to fuel with swords. Look that up for me 

8 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Actually, a great many, if not most, Supreme Court decisions are 9-0/8-1/7-2. They just aren't widely reported, because they're non controversial resolutions to splits between the circuits on minor things.

In 2017, 32 of the 75 cases the Supreme Court heard were either unanimous opinions or unanimous rulings with additional concurrences (i.e. no dissent).  Another 15 had two or fewer dissenters.  

34 minutes ago, bdutton said:

This is the only thing you have posted since I joined this board that makes a lick of sense.

Let's be real. There was a 50-50 chance of getting it right.

• Haha (+1) 2