Syracuse Basketball 2023-24

Buffalo716

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Just got this from our local weekly paper (Glens Falls Chronicle) and wanted to share:

Glens Falls native JG3 today announced his current plans as he heads towards his fifth and final year of college basketball eligibility. He said he will enter the 2023 NBA Draft Process, but also maintain collegiate eligibility and enter the transfer portal.

"From the time I was a little kid, I've been committed with a relentless pursuit to play the game of basketball at the highest level. My focus has been and continues to be living out that dream," he wrote on Instagram.

"I will be continuing my dream by entering the 2023 NBA Draft process while at the same time maintaining my collegiate eligibility. With that said, I will also be entering the Transfer Portal to keep my options open and gather as much information as possible in order for me to make the most informed decision about my basketball future."

"I want to express my utmost gratitude to my family, Coach Boeheim, and Orange Nation for the past four seasons. Thank you to every fan and supporter who has impacted me in a positive manner and has helped shape who I am today. I am confident in God's plan and trust that the next chapter will be amazing. I'm grateful for what has taken place on the journey thus far and am looking forward to what my future holds."

I hope he finds success whereever he ends up next. He obviously won't be drafted in the NBA so I imagine he'll end up transferring somewhere. Curious to see where he lands.

It's a shame he came to Syracuse at a time where our talent level was so low; I think if he were on the better teams of years past, he would have been a fan favorite for us but alas, that wasn't in the cards. Still hoping we get Judah back, but I think we'll likely have an upgraded guard rotation next season regardless.

44 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I hope he finds success whereever he ends up next. He obviously won't be drafted in the NBA so I imagine he'll end up transferring somewhere. Curious to see where he lands.

It's a shame he came to Syracuse at a time where our talent level was so low; I think if he were on the better teams of years past, he would have been a fan favorite for us but alas, that wasn't in the cards. Still hoping we get Judah back, but I think we'll likely have an upgraded guard rotation next season regardless.

He graduated from/is from the same hometown as Jimmer Fredette.  My guess is that, if Fredette truly enjoys playing in China, then he'll recommend that to Girard.

6 hours ago, DCOrange said:

This strikes me as a weird decision. A guy like that can end up in Syracuse after his career, with solid connections to the school And city and lots of opportunities. I think if he stayed and Mintz left, he would be getting serious minutes and decent NIL. Not sure why he would transfer? 

11 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

This strikes me as a weird decision. A guy like that can end up in Syracuse after his career, with solid connections to the school And city and lots of opportunities. I think if he stayed and Mintz left, he would be getting serious minutes and decent NIL. Not sure why he would transfer? 

I think he was likely told he wouldn’t get many minutes this year regardless of Mintz. He might prefer playing a bench role for a title contender or being a starter somewhere else. Could be a pride thing too; can’t be easy returning for a 5th year just to give up the starting spot you’ve had all 4 years. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, DCOrange said:

I think he was likely told he wouldn’t get many minutes this year regardless of Mintz. He might prefer playing a bench role for a title contender or being a starter somewhere else. Could be a pride thing too; can’t be easy returning for a 5th year just to give up the starting spot you’ve had all 4 years. 

well, I stand corrected. There are a ton of really good teams that are trying to get JG3

4 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Word around the campfire is that Benny would have transferred if JB had not retired.  Glad to have him back.

We need everybody we can get 

it’s gonna be a wide open ACC next year …. If Judah returns …. Still waiting on Jesse news…. This can legit be a top 3 acc team 

Judah and starling backcourt 🔥 

I think Malik is gonna come on super strong too

• Like (+1) 2

https://www.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/2023/03/syracuse-forward-chris-bell-will-return-for-sophomore-year-with-orange.html?outputType=amp

Chris bell returning for Sophomore season!!

im optimistic!

On 3/24/2023 at 12:12 PM, Gugny said:

Just got this from our local weekly paper (Glens Falls Chronicle) and wanted to share:

Glens Falls native JG3 today announced his current plans as he heads towards his fifth and final year of college basketball eligibility. He said he will enter the 2023 NBA Draft Process, but also maintain collegiate eligibility and enter the transfer portal.

"From the time I was a little kid, I've been committed with a relentless pursuit to play the game of basketball at the highest level. My focus has been and continues to be living out that dream," he wrote on Instagram.

"I will be continuing my dream by entering the 2023 NBA Draft process while at the same time maintaining my collegiate eligibility. With that said, I will also be entering the Transfer Portal to keep my options open and gather as much information as possible in order for me to make the most informed decision about my basketball future."

"I want to express my utmost gratitude to my family, Coach Boeheim, and Orange Nation for the past four seasons. Thank you to every fan and supporter who has impacted me in a positive manner and has helped shape who I am today. I am confident in God's plan and trust that the next chapter will be amazing. I'm grateful for what has taken place on the journey thus far and am looking forward to what my future holds."

Honestly loved watching JG3 develop but I don’t think he will be back 

But he’s a very crafty offensive guard and has range the second he enters the gym

• Like (+1) 3

10 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

https://www.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/2023/03/syracuse-forward-chris-bell-will-return-for-sophomore-year-with-orange.html?outputType=amp

Chris bell returning for Sophomore season!!

im optimistic!

Honestly loved watching JG3 develop but I don’t think he will be back 

But he’s a very crafty offensive guard and has range the second he enters the gym

Love Chris Bell’s potential.  He needs to hit the weight room and down a few protein shakes though.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

• Buffalo716 changed the title to Syracuse Basketball 2023-24
34 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Okay, so I’m reading that Syracuse is one of teams in the mix for Hunter Dickinson.  Georgetown and Maryland also teams named to be in the running.  Another Team Takeover AAU kid with whom Red Autry has major clout. 🤔 

Straughn is the main guy with the Team Takeover ties, I thought 

23 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Okay, so I’m reading that Syracuse is one of teams in the mix for Hunter Dickinson.  Georgetown and Maryland also teams named to be in the running.  Another Team Takeover AAU kid with whom Red Autry has major clout. 🤔 

FWIW, I have a friend who is friends with one of Hunter's family members and they told me "It may be Georgetown". I don't know if it was meant in a "It may or may not be Georgetown wink wink" kinda way, but either way, seems like we shouldn't discount them. I saw someone else online was saying that word going around the Final Four was that it would come down to us and Georgetown so we shall see. He would obviously be a huuuuge get.

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, DCOrange said:

FWIW, I have a friend who is friends with one of Hunter's family members and they told me "It may be Georgetown". I don't know if it was meant in a "It may or may not be Georgetown wink wink" kinda way, but either way, seems like we shouldn't discount them. I saw someone else online was saying that word going around the Final Four was that it would come down to us and Georgetown so we shall see. He would obviously be a huuuuge get.

funny, I’ve been hearing Georgetown, Syracuse and Maryland (in that order).

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/20/2023 at 8:49 PM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

As expected, Judah will enter the NBA draft, but not hire an agent.  I think there is a decent chance he comes back for one more season.  He’ll likely be a lottery pick in 2024 if he can improve his outside shooting.

Oh yeah?

Jesses coming back!!!!

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Awesome! (+1) 3