Syracuse Basketball 2023-24

Buffalo716

12 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

ED, plus even Autry sort of said something that confirmed he was coming back. Very weird to leave now, if this is true. Would be a real bummer.

Bit of a stretch here, but could this be because they know they have a good shot at Hunter Dickinson?  I love Jesse, but Hunter would be an upgrade 😂 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Bit of a stretch here, but could this be because they know they have a good shot at Hunter Dickinson?  I love Jesse, but Hunter would be an upgrade 😂 

I don’t think Hunter runs like Jesse

And he definitely doesn’t have the blocking ability

He does have a more Developed Offensive game… My friend played D1 at michigan … really likes hunter 

Says he runs like Frankenstein

If that’s the swap I’ll take it but I don’t want to lose Jesse than lose out out Hunter 

Edited by Buffalo716

Needless to say this is a pretty brutal loss, particularly with how much it caught our staff off guard. They believed he was returning, and by all indications, it seemed like Jesse believed Jesse was returning too. Ultimately if I had to pick one player to come back next year it would easily be Judah, but this now makes me more nervous that Judah might be gone too and if that happens, the wheels could really start to come off.

Perhaps we'll aggressively pursue Dickinson now, but my hopes on that front aren't super high. I do tend to believe Jesse would likely be less valuable in Autry's system than he was in Boeheim's though. It's possible, albeit very unlikely, that this could end up being okay for us.

Edited by DCOrange
  • Like (+1) 1

It's weird because I've seen comments that Edwards' visa prohibits him from receiving money from US companies, couple this with Weitsman pulling out of the NIL game thanks to the chancellor. Hopefully this gets resolved before the real damage is done, which may already be happening 

3 hours ago, The Poojer said:

It's weird because I've seen comments that Edwards' visa prohibits him from receiving money from US companies, couple this with Weitsman pulling out of the NIL game thanks to the chancellor. Hopefully this gets resolved before the real damage is done, which may already be happening 

What is going on!!!

weitsman is done too!!

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

What is going on!!!

weitsman is done too!!

I’ve been hearing since before JB announced his retirement that the University was going to “push out” Adam Weitsman after this season.  They weren’t pleased with his involvement.  Take that for what it’s worth…

2 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I’ve been hearing since before JB announced his retirement that the University was going to “push out” Adam Weitsman after this season.  They weren’t pleased with his involvement.  Take that for what it’s worth…

You’re not the only one I’ve heard that from

Question is will that hurt or help recruiting

I just heard Kentucky is the favorite to land Jesse Edwards.  The Syracuse “consortium” did the best they could to match (and even go beyond) what Kentucky could do in terms of NIL money, but in the end it sounds like Kentucky may end up winning out here.  Again, just what I’m hearing from a source.  Take it for what it’s worth.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I just heard Kentucky is the favorite to land Jesse Edwards.  The Syracuse “consortium” did the best they could to match (and even go beyond) what Kentucky could do in terms of NIL money, but in the end it sounds like Kentucky may end up winning out here.  Again, just what I’m hearing from a source.  Take it for what it’s worth.

Frustrating. If the money is about the same, I would think he would stay at Syracuse?