Travis Henry prepared to sit out

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

TH says the Shelton deal was a straight up offer.  All of a sudden the TD critics come out of the woodwork bitching. 

HOLD ON!

Why!  Why trade Henry straight up for a player that AZ is going to CUT on 6/1?  That is a waste of a trade.  We WILL get Shelton anyway.  There is not much demand for him.

Here's my take:  McNally sees something in Shelton that he can salvaged.  TD sees that there is not much interest in him and that AZ has signed 2 other tackles.  Obviously, Shelton is out in AZ.  Since nobody else has entered a bidding war, TD is playing it cool.  Laying back and waiting to sign him straight up after the 6/1 cuts.  Meanwhile he is continuing to press AZ for more than just Shelton for TH.  TD is in the driver seat on this deal and he knows it.  AZ has laid all their cards (no pun intended) on the table.  Hmmmm, sounds like a pretty shrewd business man to me... Eh?    :lol:

282981[/snapback]

I guess you didn't like the 4 page thread about the very same subject.

*Edit: apparently the mods did though. :D

Very interesting article.  Maybe Teflon Tom is dragging his feet???  Hey Tommy, you have some 'splainin to do!!

Some quotes...

And the most interesting one...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-b...ov=ap&type=lgns

282624[/snapback]

Sorry, but I agree with Travis on this one. I have no idea why TD would not make that trade straight up. It might come back to haunt him. I don't know about anyone else but I think TD is really playing with fire hear. This could make or break his chances for getting this team in the playoffs after failing to do that each and every year he's been our GM. Why not improve and upgrade the worst position on your team and let go of someone who doesn't want to be here, will sit out the year, and would be a cancer if he didn't sit out the year?Will Shelton be cut anyway? Maybe. Will the Bills have a chance at him if they wait? I doubt it.

It will be very interesting to see what the Bills and the Cards have to say about Travis' statements here.

I know it would hardly be the best thing for the Bills, but I wouldn't mind seeing TD pull Travis' punk card. Call him out and tell him he can suit up for the Bills one day on of training camp or find another career. With all the injuries and now this crap, there is no way Travis could make more than $1 in 2006 if he sits out 2005.

TD will not be bullied by Travis -- that I'm sure of.

Okay, so I know this has probably been posted elsewhere, but how many people have actually seen Shelton play every game. Dalls need a QB bad and signed Bledsoe, does that make it a good signing? Maybe Shelton is the same deal. Just cause we need a LT , doesn't mean he is the guy to take the spot. Now, I know may people might think Denny is crazy, but the man built one hell of an offence in MN, and maybe the boy is getting cut for a reason!

Now, the good thing with a trade is if he doesn't work out, you can cut his behind with no cap hit. I would think if you waited to sign him until after June 01, there will be a bonus involved, wedding you somewhat to his contract. Lots of scenarios beyond the obvios IMHO

Okay, so I know this has probably been posted elsewhere, but how many people have actually seen Shelton play every game. Dalls need a QB bad and signed Bledsoe, does that make it a good signing? Maybe Shelton is the same deal. Just cause we need a LT , doesn't mean he is the guy to take the spot. Now, I know may people might think Denny is crazy, but the man built one hell of an offence in MN, and maybe the boy is getting cut for a reason!

Now, the good thing with a trade is if he doesn't work out, you can cut his behind with no cap hit. I would think if you waited to sign him until after June 01, there will be a bonus involved, wedding you somewhat to his contract. Lots of scenarios beyond the obvios IMHO

283047[/snapback]

I have seen him play several games. I like to flip the channel on NFL package after the Bills games are over. Seeing as the Cards are out west I have seen him. Also I paid attention a little more after the minor resurgance this year he was given credit when he came back and played the RT spot and basically was just destroying everyone. Now granted I don't remember seeing him at LT, but in the few games I saw him at RT after the write-up he looked pretty dominate. Will he have the speed to handle the speed rusher, I don't know, but he can handle the bull rushers and the the run blocking pretty damn well.

I have seen him play several games.  I like to flip the channel on NFL package after the Bills games are over.  Seeing as the Cards are out west I have seen him.  Also I paid attention a little more after the minor resurgance this year he was given credit when he came back and played the RT spot and basically was just destroying everyone.  Now granted I don't remember seeing him at LT, but in the few games I saw him at RT after the write-up he looked pretty dominate.  Will he have the speed to handle the speed rusher, I don't know, but he can handle the bull rushers and the the run blocking pretty damn well.

283066[/snapback]

thx

I dont think that this is about being a vulture. I almost crashed this board years ago (before Travis added sliding on his ass to his repertoire) when I stated that I was sick and tired of him fumbling away football games.

I also stated that Gilbride was responsible for some (no, not all) of his yardage. In those days, the Bills had ZERO pass protection, and defenders blitzed on nearly every down. Often they were running past TH at the LOS.

I stand by this, and my opinion that TH is not a very good back.

Btw, this loyalty/vulture issue is surely a 2 Way street. There is the other extreme that inflates the value of poor players because they are Buffalo Bills. There were fans that were dead against cutting Fina and Ostroski when they were being paid millions, and clearly done.

Coming here and suggesting a trade such as Travis Henry for Jason Taylor, Robert Gallery, or the #2 pick in the draft fits that mold, no?  :lol:

282957[/snapback]

That's true about the 2 way street. But the difference usually is that those who are on that other side of the street aren't lambasting players and speculating about them as people. They also don't usually throw away or disregard said player's contributions they have made to the team. In fact , they are usually "hung up" on the player's former contributions to the team and are unwilling to "let go". This may be myopic, but atleast they are civil about it. I suppose it's pick your poison though. Some will completely disregard any thing good the player has ever done and will exaggerate about their poor qualities, while others will wax on about how every player on the Bills is in the top 5 at their position. :D

Interesting article in the news this morning. TD says Shelton had a down year, but looks like an attractive player. Kinda like saying a like the car, but the color is off, lets get the price a little lower to compensate.

Also, sounds like Willis and Travis don not really get along huh

I'm not sure why TD has some "splainin' to do". I think it's very simple. Bledsoe had no value on the market, so he was let go. Henry has value on the market, and is being handled accordingly.

AZ, regarding Shelton, has no leverage, as his coach made it public knowledge that he is not part of the plan there. TD, regarding Henry, has leverage, as he has made it public knowledge that he will keep Henry if he can not get fair value.

What am I missing? Why does TD have to "splain" this?

283047[/snapback]

EXCELLENT point. I have not seen him play. i do know that arizona has stunk for years, and haven't had a 1000 yard rusher in ages. it may be the case that he's not very good.

That's true about the 2 way street. But the difference usually is that those who are on that other side of the street aren't lambasting players and speculating about them as people. They also don't usually throw away or disregard said player's contributions they have made to the team. In fact , they are usually "hung up" on the player's former contributions to the team and are unwilling to "let go". This may be myopic, but atleast they are civil about it. I suppose it's pick your poison though. Some will completely disregard any thing good the player has ever done and will exaggerate about their poor qualities, while others will wax on about how every player on the Bills is in the top 5 at their position.  :blink:

283087[/snapback]

Well said. This thread, and the whole issue of TH comes down to our speculation of what he is worth, and if he is correct about Ariz. being willing to make the trade (straight up) right now.

I raise the possibility that TH himself probably doesn't even know what is or is not true wrt this deal. His agent might not even know for that matter.

It seems to me that this is a business proposition between 2 professionals, TD and Green.

My opinion is that TH, because of his glaring limitations, and the trade return for clearly superior rbs, has little value. I could certainly be wrong. We will find out soon enough, but Henry is not helping his cause by making moronic statements.

This may be overstating the obvious, but with players like Edge available for a second rounder, you all but need Henry to start talking so people remember he's available. It's a crappy time to be a free agent RB, so he needs to speak up and counter what comes out of OBD.

Unfortunately, speaking is not one of Henry's strong suits.

Is Travis required to play out the last year of his contract?  If he choses to sit doesn't he remain a Bill until he fulfills his contractual obligation?

282639[/snapback]

I am sure he will show up at OBD after the 10th game to get his 6game

credit for the season to count in his contract.

The bottom line is TH is frustrated and getting antsy, considering the market

for RBs is dwindling and his chance of being a starting RB in this league

next season is going down the drain. He is trying to use the media to

get some attention and force the trade.

Unfortunately he is dealing with the sly fox TD, who gives squat to what

TH thinks about the 1-for-1 trade with Arizona. TD is trying to do what

is best for the buffalo bills and is not going to have his hand twisted

around.

I am sure he will show up at OBD after the 10th game to get his 6game

credit for the season to count in his contract.

The bottom line is TH is frustrated and getting antsy, considering the market

for RBs is dwindling and his chance of being a starting RB in this league

next season is going down the drain. He is trying to use the media to

get some attention and force the trade. 

Unfortunately he is dealing with the sly fox TD, who gives squat to what

TH thinks about the 1-for-1 trade with Arizona.  TD is trying to do what

is best for the buffalo bills and is not going to have his hand twisted

around.

283163[/snapback]

I do hope he gets fined for everyday he misses practice. I also hope the salary he is supposed to make this year gets used up in fines before the first day of regular season (may not happen). But man, I want this moron to literally pay for going public with his discontent.

I do hope he gets fined for everyday he misses practice. I also hope the salary he is supposed to make this year gets used up in fines before the first day of regular season (may not happen). But man, I want this moron to literally pay for going public with his discontent.

283177[/snapback]

I don't have a problem with him going public. What else can he do?

He has every right to fight for a starting job when he knows he is done

in Buffalo.

Unfortunately he does not have a agent like Rosenhaus. Drew would

definitely have found a starting place for him by now (Oakland or

SF a month ago). Look at what Drew was able to do for Plaxico.