Death Metal Experts

Mark Vader

1 hour ago, Mark Vader said:

I forget who the Death Metal fans are here, but a fellow Bills friend shared this video, so I have to ask, are these two young ladies talented, or is it a joke to you?

Not Death Metal it's baby metal and people can like what they want but it's trash to me.

This is real Death Metal

My son was really into all of this in around Grade 7 & 8... Then He grew out of it through High School.

Thank God!  I worried His musical tastes would never mature paste the Junior High Stage. Strange, because supposedly His current girlfriend went through the phase, so I just won't isolate this phenomenon in music to prepubescent, adolescent boys. I betcha Her parents were happy too. LoL...

Too each their own... Music is still worthwhile art.  I still value this genre, but look @ it as more a stage, phase one goes through finding their musical self.  The visual art is cool, but what drives a person past gutteral grunts about all things Halloween related, the REALLY FREAK show?  I have nothing against freak shows though... I just find it more ancillary to more mature musical tastes.

Sorry if that post was condescending.  Tell Me to listen metal and die.  LoL...

39 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

My son was really into all of this in around Grade 7 & 8... Then He grew out of it through High School.

Thank God!  I worried His musical tastes would never mature paste the Junior High Stage. Strange, because supposedly His current girlfriend went through the phase, so I just won't isolate this phenomenon in music to prepubescent, adolescent boys. I betcha Her parents were happy too. LoL...

Too each their own... Music is still worthwhile art.  I still value this genre, but look @ it as more a stage, phase one goes through finding their musical self.  The visual art is cool, but what drives a person past gutteral grunts about all things Halloween related, the REALLY FREAK show?  I have nothing against freak shows though... I just find it more ancillary to more mature musical tastes.

As one who listens to this type of music daily (as my son plays guitar to it), my opinion is that the drumming is out of this world good and much of the guitar work is very, very good.  Bass is practically non-existent and when you can hear it, it's usually just following the root notes.  The vocals, to me, are garbage.  Horrible.  It wastes some otherwise decent songs.

However - as you say - to each their own and it is, indeed, art.  I've seen a few live shows and they've all been pretty awesome.

My son has a great appreciation for more traditional rock bands and I've exposed him to all of the "Guitar Gods."  I think he'll love this genre forever, though.

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Gugny said:

As one who listens to this type of music daily (as my son plays guitar to it), my opinion is that the drumming is out of this world good and much of the guitar work is very, very good.  Bass is practically non-existent and when you can hear it, it's usually just following the root notes.  The vocals, to me, are garbage.  Horrible.  It wastes some otherwise decent songs.

However - as you say - to each their own and it is, indeed, art.  I've seen a few live shows and they've all been pretty awesome.

My son has a great appreciation for more traditional rock bands and I've exposed him to all of the "Guitar Gods."  I think he'll love this genre forever, though.

I agree!!!

I think my son does to still like, but takes your view on the vocals.

There is actually some that starts sounding good,  then all of sudden break into that growling... LoL .. 

21 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Metal is not a phase those who oppose must be eviscerated !!!!

(Listening to suffocation at the moment ;) )

And I'm 47, Metal FOREVER !!!

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2