highest percentage of passes dropped -

Socal-805

Just now, Sky Diver said:

Benjamin can’t separate and he doesn’t seem to have much desire to fight for the ball. His problem seems to be a lack of motivation.

...but his mouth sure as hell is workin' well with his "Cam yaps".......I'm an old school crustacean and despise yipsters like this who are non-performers........and in a contract year with absurd WR money being thrown around, the "Intel chip between his ears" has a definite malfunction......let 'em hand out Gatorade......oh wait, he'll drop THAT too...SMH......

10 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

I get a chuckle when some folks think that catching a 60 yrd pass when the receiver is running full speed is easy, or when an NFL receiver misses such a pass it’s because he can’t track a ball or he has poor hand eye coordination.

The greatest receiver of all time had many horrible drops.

Easy, no.  The only job he has on the team because he doesn't play special teams, yes.

And yes, the greatest receiver of all time had a bunch of drops.  He's still the greatest receiver of all time.

Foster is JAG at this point and will be gone if he doesn't start catching those passes.

15 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Easy, no.  The only job he has on the team because he doesn't play special teams, yes.

And yes, the greatest receiver of all time had a bunch of drops.  He's still the greatest receiver of all time.

Foster is JAG at this point and will be gone if he doesn't start catching those passes.

Disagree. Very few receivers would even be in a position to attempt to catch some the passes Allen and Foster didnt connect on.

And Foster plays special teams.

Edited by Sky Diver

Has anyone suggested bringing Peterman back to improve this statistic? He throws a much softer ball that is far easier to catch. Does it matter which team catches the ball? 

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Disagree. Very few receivers would even be in a position to attempt to catch some the passes Allen and Foster didnt connect on.

And Foster plays special teams.

Very few?  There are receivers all over the league catching deep balls.

Just now, Sky Diver said:

About what? It often takes a receiver two or three years before they are productive. Look at Eric Moulds, for example.

You expect Foster to be All-Pro after 3 games?

Not at all.  I expect him to catch balls that hit him in the hands when he is able to beat defenders deep.

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

Very few?  There are receivers all over the league catching deep balls.

Foster has elite speed and he’s able to get off the line of scrimmage. His ability to separate has been impressive.

Just now, The Wiz said:

Not at all.  I expect him to catch balls that hit him in the hands when he is able to beat defenders deep.

I guess you need to have patience and lower your expectations for a first year player.

1 minute ago, Sky Diver said:

Foster has elite speed and he’s able to get off the line of scrimmage. His ability to separate has been impressive.

I guess you need to have patience and lower your expectations for a first year player.

I expect a WR to catch balls (Not just Foster, all of them).  What expectation for a WR is lower than that?

2 minutes ago, GoodHands15 said:

Chris Simms onSimms and Lefkoe made a point on last nights pod to point out Foster as a guys to keep an eye on. His big takeaway from film review was how consistently Foster was taking the top off.

That’s pretty obvious if you have watched any of the games.

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Allen wasn’t even taking first team snaps in preseason. It will take some time to develop chemistry with his receivers.

No patience here.

He has to start to catch perfectly thrown deep balls, not every one but some of them.

It's what he is getting paid to do.

9 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

About what? It often takes a receiver two or three years before they are productive. Look at Eric Moulds, for example.

You expect Foster to be All-Pro after 3 games?

...at the same time and if he wasn't a 'Bama boy, would you be in a UDFA WR's corner as a starter who struggled with hand/eye coordination?........if you EVER want to gain ONE OUNCE of credibility around these parts (probably could care less), put aside your abysmal "Bama homerism and objectively analyze.....if for one damn second a UDFA player from any other school was a starter and struggled with fundamentals of hand/eye coordination, I'd bet the farm you'd be a charter member of the "TBD One & Done Gang" calling for his immediate head.....deny the charade and we'll know the validity of your stance and posts......PERIOD...........

DRAFT ANALYSIS:

Weaknesses
  • Short strider with longer torso
  • Production over four seasons was abysmal
  • Never came close to reaching athletic potential and struggled to find meaningful snaps until senior season
  • Drifts towards coverage out of route stems
  • Football instincts are below average
  • Converts on a low percentage of opportunities relative to his position
  • Gives away pattern breaks down the field allowing for easier coverage
  • Falters in his stack and track on deep throws
  • Fumbled three times on 37 touches over last two seasons
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...at the same time and if he wasn't a 'Bama boy, would you be in a UDFA WR's corner as a starter who struggled with hand/eye coordination?........if you EVER want to gain ONE OUNCE of credibility around these parts (probably could care less), put aside your abysmal "Bama homerism and objectively analyze.....if for one damn second a UDFA player from any other school was a starter and struggled with fundamentals of hand/eye coordination, I'd bet the farm you'd be a charter member of the "TBD One & Done Gang" calling for his immediate head.....deny the charade and we'll know the validity of your stance and posts......PERIOD...........

DRAFT ANALYSIS:

Weaknesses
  • Short strider with longer torso
  • Production over four seasons was abysmal
  • Never came close to reaching athletic potential and struggled to find meaningful snaps until senior season
  • Drifts towards coverage out of route stems
  • Football instincts are below average
  • Converts on a low percentage of opportunities relative to his position
  • Gives away pattern breaks down the field allowing for easier coverage
  • Falters in his stack and track on deep throws
  • Fumbled three times on 37 touches over last two seasons

Do you think the Bills' coaches cared what college he went to when they put him on the roster?

4 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Do you think the Bills' coaches cared what college he went to when they put him on the roster?

...no but you sure as hell do with obnoxious subjectivity.....I'm just wasting time and valuable bandwidth for others who choose to OBJECTIVELY discuss/debate....

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

What Oldtimer and others (including myself) are saying is this.....................

IF your boy Foster was on the Buffalo Bills practice squad

AND there was another UDFA that has had the EXACT season so far as Foster (7 targets 2 catches for 30 yards, with that big drop)

YOU would be screaming for the Bills to drop that UDFA in favor for the Foster on the Practice Squad.

You know and we know you would.  That is blind "homerism".

Edited by ColoradoBills
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...no but you sure as hell do with obnoxious subjectivity.....I'm just wasting time and valuable bandwidth for others who choose to OBJECTIVELY discuss/debate....

How objective is it to list Foster's weaknesses, but not his strengths?

If my assessment is so far off, why is he in the roster? Are the Bills' coaches Alabama homers too?

Edited by Sky Diver