Tre White is the Best Player On the Bills Now

Domdab99

4 hours ago, WideNine said:

Sad, but I remember some years where I thought our punter was the best player.

You're not alone.  When Moorman was on the team, there were times I'd look forward to fourth down so the Bills' best player was on the field.

I'm not entirely sure I was wrong, either.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Putin said:

But , but , according to sooooo many on here the Pats & the hoodie took us to school AGAIN , this time by taking our elite/ shot down CB Gilmore from us 

Tre > Gilmore but Gilmore is a much better player than the Bills fans think and is having an outstanding season himself this year. If you were looking at 2018 performance and 2018 alone Gilmore is a top 5 corner. He has been a good pickup for the Pats and when you look at Malcolm Butler's performances in TEN the Patriots paid the right guy. 

On 9/25/2018 at 10:39 AM, BringBackOrton said:

But we would have still had our original first rounder.  And we would have had all the picks we used to trade up. So, no?

This is true

It is also important though to note that all this happened.....moving up considerably for the QB and did not give up future draft capital.

2 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

No, we gave up past and present draft capital instead. Not sure how that’s better.

Because we knew there was a very solid chance that we were not going to be good this year......so those picks in the upcoming draft were going to be better picks.

I feel like it doesnt happen much the way we did it......we paid our bills for QB in total......the jets for instance will be paying their bill for years to come (for a QB that isnt looking as good as Josh Allen right now)

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Because we knew there was a very solid chance that we were not going to be good this year......so those picks in the upcoming draft were going to be better picks.

I feel like it doesnt happen much the way we did it......we paid our bills for QB in total......the jets for instance will be paying their bill for years to come (for a QB that isnt looking as good as Josh Allen right now)

We’re bad this year because we sold off all of our draft capital and players. That argument doesn’t make any sense. If you trade a bunch of your players for picks, and then trade up a bunch in the draft, you end up with a couple good prospects and a bad team.

You can’t say they did that because they knew they would be bad, when they are the ones who caused us to be bad.

2 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

We’re bad this year because we sold off all of our draft capital and players. That argument doesn’t make any sense. If you trade a bunch of your players for picks, and then trade up a bunch in the draft, you end up with a couple good prospects and a bad team.

You can’t say they did that because they knew they would be bad, when they are the ones who caused us to be bad.

Josh Allen caused us to be bad?

1 minute ago, BringBackOrton said:

Trading away half of our roster and all of our picks to get Josh Allen caused us to be bad.

You do realize that we did not just trade those players away for picks but also to get our salary cap under control starting next year?

it was not just about Josh

Right now most of those trade away for picks is actually looking smart

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

You do realize that we did not just trade those players away for picks but also to get our salary cap under control starting next year?

it was not just about Josh

Right now most of those trade away for picks is actually looking smart

That’s great. We weren’t in any danger of having to cut anybody because of our cap. 

Trading away players worth a damn does result in having money to spend on players worth a damn.

1 minute ago, BringBackOrton said:

That’s great. We weren’t in any danger of having to cut anybody because of our cap. 

Trading away players worth a damn does result in having money to spend on players worth a damn.

Marcel - constantly out of shape....lazy....team distraction with his fake weed and legal problems......constantly showing up late to team meetings......traded away for a bag of footballs and huge cap hit this year HIS CURRENT TEAM IS NOT WINNING

Gilmore - was going to require a huge contract and he actually is a good player....but Buffalo was not sure if they were going to be able to keep him.......replaced by an even better player

Watkins - Buffalo was not sure if they were going to be able to keep him........bitching in the locker room......on his what....3rd team in three years?

Cog - mental breakdown.....actually had a new contract

Woods.......injury retirement left 2 stable pieces needing to be replaced

Robert Woods the ONE player I wanted to keep......but he wanted to go back to california

These things have been beaten to death on this board......they got rid of these players while they could get something for them......took the dead cap hit this year.....have 90 million cap space and 10 draft picks next year and even MORE cap space the year after (although I am sure that will go down as we sign players)

21 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Marcel - constantly out of shape....lazy....team distraction with his fake weed and legal problems......constantly showing up late to team meetings......traded away for a bag of footballs and huge cap hit this year HIS CURRENT TEAM IS NOT WINNING

Gilmore - was going to require a huge contract and he actually is a good player....but Buffalo was not sure if they were going to be able to keep him.......replaced by an even better player

Watkins - Buffalo was not sure if they were going to be able to keep him........bitching in the locker room......on his what....3rd team in three years?

Cog - mental breakdown.....actually had a new contract

Woods.......injury retirement left 2 stable pieces needing to be replaced

Robert Woods the ONE player I wanted to keep......but he wanted to go back to california

These things have been beaten to death on this board......they got rid of these players while they could get something for them......took the dead cap hit this year.....have 90 million cap space and 10 draft picks next year and even MORE cap space the year after (although I am sure that will go down as we sign players)

They would have kept him under contract, that's for sure.

We are eating Dareus' dead money this year anyway.  So negative cap savings this year.

If you want to argue the plan was to be trash this year, and they made moves to get Josh Allen and surround him with trash this year, fine.  But it wasn't the only way to build a team or get a QB.

Edited by BringBackOrton
  • Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

They would have kept him under contract, that's for sure.

We are eating Dareus' dead money this year anyway.  So negative cap savings this year.

If you want to argue the plan was to be trash this year, and they made moves to get Josh Allen and surround him with trash this year, fine.  But it wasn't the only way to build a team or get a QB.

Its not the only way...its just the way they chose to do it.

if next year they fix the offense.....then they were not wrong in the way they did it

10 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

PFF is wrong. White is way, way, WAY the best player on the Bills. Teams have straight up stopped throwing to his side. He's a monster. 

White is a very good player. Hughes has had his best season ever, though, and he's incredibly disruptive. He has an absolutely ridiculous number of pressures this season and goes all out on every play. He's in fifth in the NFL in the combined category of pressures, QB hits, and sacks. 

I really can't say who is better this season. Both play centrally important positions and both are playing at elite levels. I'm happy both are on the team. 

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

White is a very good player. Hughes has had his best season ever, though, and he's incredibly disruptive. He has an absolutely ridiculous number of pressures this season and goes all out on every play. He's in fifth in the NFL in the combined category of pressures, QB hits, and sacks. 

I really can't say who is better this season. Both play centrally important positions and both are playing at elite levels. I'm happy both are on the team. 

I'm with you...I love Hughes. I think he's playing out of his mind. But White is one of the best players in the league right now.