The flip to RR was the worst call I've ever seen.

4merper4mer

23 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

Isn't the final determination made in NYC?

It’s my understanding that the head official looks at a tablet or something to make the call on the field. I think it should be like college where their is a replay official not involved on the field so he doesn’t have to be like “hey I made a mistake my bad”

Just now, Shaw66 said:

Look at the Daboll presser.  He admits it was a fumble.   He says the QB has to catch the ball clearly and then release it.  He says the timing was bad and Allen had to get rid of it too fast. 

Frankly, I think that's incorrect, because if I call the video correctly, Allen's fingers clearly closed on the ball - he caught it.  Then he released it.  

As I said I think Daboll is saying that for his players. You are right. He caught it and moved it. 

Prob say something stupid like the almost saftey last week. He didnt actually possess it to catch it - maybe they said he didnt posess it to throw it. Made it 10x worse not overturning it. Regardless of saying they just care about the right call, there is still a matter of pride involved.

Im 30 and umpire as well as still play hardball. I have adjusted the temper in later years in re: to giving umps crap while playing. If i make a call, ill often call time to confer with the other ump before its even asked for bc at the end of the day i want the call to be correct. Coaches usually wont give you crap as long as youve made an effort to ensure it was correct and even if they dont agree, at least they respect it. What i cant stand is umping with or having an old man ump who cant even wobble half way across the infield to make a call and then refuses to huddle when asked bc they are so sure they got the call correct the 1st time. Good part is they generally cant hear either so you can get it out under your breath:)

Daboll was really saying it was a bang-bang play.  Judgement call.  Couldnt prove that Allen had possession, so call on field stood.

I dont have the play recorded, but I think Allen had possession, even for a microsecond, before he nudged it forward.  Its like a touch pass in hockey.  You have control on your stick, if only for the briefest of time.

Still say it was a bad call.

On 9/23/2018 at 5:22 PM, Coach Tuesday said:

Someone here told me a few days ago that the replay system works fine...

It doesn’t.  The NFL is populated by bozos.

I truly believe they call things differently based on player- not necessarily team- just like NBA. Certain lineman always hold and certain qbs always get roughed. The bozos simply care less about rules and more abput protecting certain players.

30 minutes ago, bobs0108 said:

It’s my understanding that the head official looks at a tablet or something to make the call on the field. I think it should be like college where their is a replay official not involved on the field so he doesn’t have to be like “hey I made a mistake my bad”

Wow, more convoluted than that, but the final answer comes from NYC.

18 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Apparently he is in company with Daboll then.

include me , but for a different reason then Daboll's

In the two pics you can tell Allen took a step forward allowing forward momentum to push the football forward without much arm movement iMO.

I also think Dabolls explanation makes sense.

2 minutes ago, Figster said:

In the two pics you can tell Allen took a step forward allowing forward momentum to push the football forward without much arm movement iMO.

To be clear, the 2 picks I posted are of the Chargers all 22 and its successful flip pass to Foster.

The all22 for yesterday won’t come out until noon tomorrow and I don’t have Youtube TV

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Figster said:

That's why he's called Brain Daboll. :)

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

To be clear, the 2 picks I posted are of the Chargers all 22 and its successful flip pass to Foster.

The all22 for yesterday won’t come out until noon tomorrow and I don’t have Youtube TV

It's already been out for at least a few hours. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz