DBs for Sunday?

YoloinOhio

So Taron Johnson still isn’t practicing with the injury .... he was in the slot last week so assuming he’s out on Sunday, Gaines back to the slot and Vontae active on the outside? Lafayette Pitts? That’s literally all the have on the roster and they just cut Ryan Lewis from the PS. I assume White will follow Keenan Allen. 

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

So Taron Johnson still isn’t practicing with the injury .... he was in the slot last week so assuming he’s out on Sunday, Gaines back to the slot and Vontae active on the outside? Lafayette Pitts? That’s literally all the have on the roster and they just cut Ryan Lewis from the PS. I assume White will follow Keenan Allen. 

Really can’t put Gaines on the field.  He is a known liability.  Davis seems to not be so good himself!

This is from Joe B’s all-22 on Gaines

Cornerback Tre'Davious White was outstanding against the Ravens and didn't give Joe Flacco anything all game long. And hey, even Phillip Gaines played relatively well. Yes, I'm shocked, too. He gave up one big reception on a flag route and then had a touchdown caught over his head, but the rest of the time he was reasonably stable in coverage and a sound tackler. He wasn't at Shareece Wright levels or anything like that.

4 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

I guess but those were two huge throws he gave up.  And you can argue a better play could have changed momentum.  The 2nd and 26 was inexcusable 

For sure. Just highly doubtful he’s getting cut especially without anyone to replace him with. I also think thr lack of pass rush was a huge contributor to the secondary getting lit up. 

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, TheTruthHurts said:

Yeah. My biggest problem last game wasn't even the offense, I expected that. The defense is bad, yet some people think they will be fine. 

The offense honestly played about as bad as they did the last time they went to Baltimore. I didn't think a less talented O would be better. 

Im on the fence about the defense. The offense either went 3 and out or turned the ball over the whole game. 

2 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Joe B is usually pretty spot on. But Gaines was a huge liability. Joe was drunk

Actually.... I saw the same thing on the all 22 as well.  Often times corners get the obvious blight on a big play when the pass rush is abysmal.  IMO it is hard to cover an NFL draft quality WR after a while. 

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

For sure. Just highly doubtful he’s getting cut especially without anyone to replace him with. I also think thr lack of pass rush was a huge contributor to the secondary getting lit up. 

Oh yeah he won’t be getting cut, unless he continuously screws up.  I don’t see it happening, but if anyone steps up, I can see him getting bumped down the depth chart