Nobody should be doubting Beane or McDermott

SoCoBills

39 minutes ago, Mickey said:

Was the plan to get a franchise QB, trade away the seasoned, accomplished veteran who could have mentored him and have his reps split three ways in practice with two guys who have no future in this league? If so, McD nailed it, stuck the landing, 10.0 from the Russian judge. 

I want to trust the process but I can't pretend that this is looking good or build an argument subtle enough to delude me in to thinking this is all good.

Mentors are a dime a dozen and IMO Tyrod isn’t the guy who’s game I’d want Allen to use as a model. 

I support McDermott. I support Bean. I am fully on board with a meltdown and rebuild. I am definitely still very unhappy with the product I seen against the Ravens. I hope McDermott and Bean are as well. 

Im ok with a bad team. I'm not ok with a team that goes on to the field and beats itself. You can't go backwards on that many offensive drives. It's an embarrassment when they experiment with Lamar Jackson against you and then get to fully feature him. 

It's an embarrassment for the other team to be that far ahead relaxing on the other side. Your not in the stadium to give the other team a good time.

It was in my eyes almost a complete meltdown of epic scale. I really wasn't impressed with the defense until it started coming alive some. I seen a lot of close plays that could of been made. It might not be as bad as it looked that day on the defensive side.

I do however believe the Offense was exposed completely. Even if you take out a lot of drives went backwards, nobody was making plays. No run game and no air game. No trickery or confusion in the game plan. 

At least Josh Allen is cut throat. I applaud that he tackled that guy who tried to body check him on the sideline. I liked that he just made the play himself because no one got open. Great slide at the end for Josh. 

Edited by Lfod

3 hours ago, GreggTX said:

So what other positions should they not have addressed in order to address multiple weaknesses on the OL? QB? MLB? CB? DT? DE?

if you are going all in on a yon qb you shoudl address the area that will help him and not over pay for a washed up corner and injured d end and a run stopper dt at 10 million a year 

6 hours ago, BuffaloBillies said:

They had plenty of time to adjust to the best 60% of the starting OL leaving. (not enough time left to scout is SO LAME)

Honestly, the OL was not good last year either (or the last 20 years for that matter).

Tyrod/McCoy made them LOOK serviceable because they were quick scramblers.

OL should have been majorly addressed. Been saying it for 20 years... but especially after losing those 3 guys. 

If they didn't trade Glenn, then they would have only needed to fix 40% of the line. A lot easier to do.

6 hours ago, Heitz said:

Just because some don't like or get the plan current management has, doesn't mean it's bad / wrong.  

Might be, might not be, we gonna find out...

and Just because some like or get the plan current management has, doesn't mean its good/correct

The biggest problem I see with it is it is going to hinge on great players being available and wanting to sign here in FA this coming offseason to use that cap money, and making good use of all the picks they have accumulated.

So far they have shown they can attract and welcome in Carolina castoffs, and are willing to move up and down in the draft using their picks to get a few players they really like, even if they are risks/projects.

6 hours ago, LEE1 said:

A lot of you make some interesting points. They do have a plan in place a plan they’ve been scheming since the regime change. They can stay the coarse that’s not the problem their long term plan might even pan out. But they knew and had ample time to address the monkey wrench that got thrown into their plans. Losing 2 starting OL and doing little to address it because it doesn’t go along with the PLAN is unacceptable and naive. But what’s done is done very little can be done to change it now. They have to make the necessary adjustments on offense to compensate. 2 rookie QB’s a weak OL so far unproductive WR’s. Simplify the offense quit running the offense under center use more screens and short passes. That takes pressure of inexperienced QB’s keeps defenses honest and opens up the run game. The Bills are in no way down and out like so many are saying. They don’t even have to change that long term plan just their strategy.

All coaches/GMs come into their jobs with a plan, the problem is if its a good one and will work, and if they can last long enough to see it through to the end. 

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Is that going to be the excuse this next season?

There were FA OLmen other than Bodine available.

There were Olmen in the draft.

Our FO made choices.  Different choices were possible.

You can endorse their choices as "lumps to build a winner", but the fact is, they made choices that excluded options that were available, and their choices are open to being questioned as good choices in view of current data.

Theres a good chance that they dont use alot of that cap space and the excuse from the fans will be that there just wasn't quality players to spend it on, and you don't build through FA cause you have to over pay so you build through the Draft