Cover 1: Erik Turner Asks "Is Josh Allen Ready to Handle Trials and Tribulations?" - Apparently Yes

26CornerBlitz

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Really good assessment by Erik Turner IMO.  As some may recall, he was NOT an Allen fan pre-draft, but is fair about seeing positives.

Had him as a 2nd round pick with the following assessment:

I’d like to think I am a very transparent person. So for that sake, I will lead with this. I had a second-round grade on Allen.

His best fit, especially in year one and two, will be with a run-heavy team, a team with a well respected running back that will force defenses to continuously stack the box and allow Allen to use his play action skills and live arm to stretch the field vertically. He will especially benefit with receiving options that can separate with their speed or are able to recognize the scramble drill, as Allen will struggle to process coverages early and likely look to make plays outside of the play structure. I believe that Allen still is a year or two away and will benefit tremendously if brought along slowly.

I thought he was a high variance player at a position where you typically can’t have to win consistently in this league. A guy coming from Wyoming, that needed to be brought along slowly.

5 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Whos wondering?

look- if Allen isn’t ready, go get us Thad Lewis, or any other arm with a pulse attached to it. Paxton Lynch sure !  I’d almost rather see Tim Tebow..  and I threw up typing that

Why? He plays and if not we get the first pick in the draft... No need to bring in a guy who will drop our draft status.

5 hours ago, Cugalabanza said:

It's not all on Allen.  Three good RB's--pound the ball.  Use PA, use rollouts.  Occasionally, let Allen's great arm stretch the field, take some chances.

I personally won't mind a Bills loss if it's competitive.  I just want to see this team actually play the game of football, unlike last Sunday.

I agree, SD won't be able to play one DB deep with Allen in there, he can escape the pocket and still get the ball there. He also seems to be aware of where the first down marker is so, hopefully that helps keep the D of the field for more than 30 seconds between 3 and outs.

They were unprepared for how bad Peterman was and it quickly spiralled out of control from there. I'm sure it will be a different game against SD.

Edited by downunderbill
Spelling

3 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

a second year QB.  38 points given up by a defense is a **** show. The chargers defense is nothing special.  

31 actually with a 91 yard PR by Hill for a TD, but it's no shame to get lit up by KC and the Chargers won't be the last team that happens to this season. 

28 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Can you help me explain why the powerful chargers d gave up 38 week 1

Maybe because Eric Fisher & Co did a great job of protecting Mahomes, you know, the kid with lousy footwork who got to sit and learn for a year before taking charge of an O with some of the most explosive playmakers in the game. Or maybe because the football gods have decided that the Bolts just don't beat the Chiefs (Chiefs have beaten them nine straight times. Oh yeah and then there is Bosa and Luiget, I'll give you that (if that's where you were going). 

The Chargers have a good D. It's singular weakness has been defending the run but that's likely to improve after the draft. 

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

31 actually with a 91 yard PR by Hill for a TD, but it's no shame to get lit up by KC and the Chargers won't be the last team that happens to this season. 

it may not be a shame, but it still pretty much demonstrates that they are not remotely special. If Bills are scared of that defense, then is it the most embarrassing team in the history of the game. 

2 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

it may not be a shame, but it still pretty much demonstrates that they are not remotely special. If Bills are scared of that defense, then is it the most embarrassing team in the history of the game. 

The Bills shouldn't be scared, but they certainly don't have the OL, RBs, nor the receiving corps on the level of KC. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

6 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

And how do you feel about the Viking's defence?

The Vikings defense is good.  I am surprised that the 49ers risked Garapolo getting hurt against them.  A good coach would have sat him to protect him.  As it turns out the lost anyway, so playing him was an unnecessary risk. 

• Haha (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

The Vikings defense is good.  I am surprised that the 49ers risked Garapolo getting hurt against them.  A good coach would have sat him to protect him.  As it turns out the lost anyway, so playing him was an unnecessary risk. 

Garapolo, oh yeah, you mean the guy whose into his fifth year and who got to sit behind and learn from the GOAT for four years. Right.