Seantrel Henderson out for the year

The Jokeman

4 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I think the other poster was just saying some feel starting this thread was a mistake.

It's Bills related news, maybe my comments were offbase yet I stand by the sentiment that re-signing Henderson wasn't a mistake.

Just now, nedboy7 said:

So you like the oline? 

No but not sure Henderson improves it.

36 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000960533/article/injuries-texans-seantrel-henderson-out-for-season

No saying he'd get hurt here but just some food for thought for those that we were foolish yo let him go.

We were foolish to let him go. I believed it then and I certainly believe it now after seeing how we have mishandled the offensive line.

Guess what - guys do get injured in this league.  It happens all too often.

Of course, just because he got hurt playing for the Texans does NOT mean that he would have gotten a season ending injury if he were still with us.

With respect, your post makes no sense given that is what you are implying (otherwise why would you post it).

P.S. Seantrel reportedly was playing very well for the Texans and, in particular, against JJ Watt in practice.  We have nobody on our line who could match up well against JJ Watt.

Edited by Peter

3 minutes ago, Peter said:

We were foolish to let him go. I believed it then and I certainly believe it now after seeing how we have mishandled the offensive line.

Of course, just because he got hurt playing for the Texans does NOT mean that he would have gotten a season ending injury if he were still with us.

With respect, your post makes no sense given that is what you are implying (otherwise why would you post it).

P.S. Seantrel reportedly was playing very well for the Texans and, in particular, against JJ Watt in practice.  We have nobody on our line who could match up well against JJ Watt.

LOL Emotional Bills Fan Romanticism

Go back and watch the game film...Seantrel was not that good.  Keep dreaming though

5 minutes ago, Peter said:

Unless you count Mills who actually shut him down pretty well in an actual NFL game.

Just now, BuffaloRush said:

Go back and watch the game film...Seantrel was not that good.  Keep dreaming though

I have watched every snap and he would be a HUGE improvement over what we have.

Don't ask me.  Ask our former VP who became the GM of the Texans and immediately signed him.

Don't let yourself be clouded by what can be the "conventional" wisdom on this board or sports radio.  Some guys get a bad rap and it has nothing or little to do with their performance.

Just my two cents.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

It's emotional to want a competent oline?  Not sure how you got there. 

You should watch some film on the current line.  I think you will enjoy what you see. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Unless you count Mills who actually shut him down pretty well in an actual NFL game.

If I recall that game correctly, we were chipping and doubling Watt for a good part of that game.  I would have to watch it again to be sure.

Nevertheless, I firmly believe that the Bills would be better with Seantrel on this roster.  Moreover, in addition to playing tackle, I do recall he played some guard at UM.

As an aside, I also do not recall Seantrel ever being pushed around and manhandled like Dion was against Myles Garrett. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Peter said:

I have watched every snap and he would be a HUGE improvement over what we have.

Don't ask me.  Ask our former VP who became the GM of the Texans and immediately signed him.

Don't let yourself be clouded by what can be the "conventional" wisdom on this board or sports radio.  Some guys get a bad rap and it has nothing or little to do with their performance.

Just my two cents.

I watched Seantrell get beat off the ball on the edge the last time he got any significant action with the Bills.  He was not a very good player.  If you are going to lament "the one that got away" at least pick a better player.  Seantrel was not much better than Jordan Mills and that is a fact jack

Just now, BuffaloRush said:

I watched Seantrell get beat off the ball on the edge the last time he got any significant action with the Bills.  He was not a very good player.  If you are going to lament "the one that got away" at least pick a better player.  Seantrel was not much better than Jordan Mills and that is a fact jack

You know, you and I disagree 100%.  It happens.  End of story. I think we made a big mistake not making any effort to resign him. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, vincec said:

Not sure how it could have been a mistake to let him go given how good the current offensive line is. How could he help?

If he couldn't beat out Mills not sure what else he give us but a better back up that said rarely do back up OL get game action except on ST.