3 Headed Monster at RB

JerseyBills

Shady Ivory and Murphy will be a huge part of this pass offense . Shady is talking about Dabol very highly, calling him a genius and makes me wonder what they got cooking for a top 10 playmaker that totally gets overlooked and disrespected when talking about this offense. 

I need no further proof than Week 17 @ Jax with Tentative Taylor doing nothing , and was a b.s holding call away from putting up 150+ from scrimmage. Shady is special, he can carry this offense. I think they use Shady in a special and innovative way. 

Murphy looks just phenomenal . The story of Beane tracking him since he returned a punt on Carolina is a great lil nugget. He has the potential to be a complete back and just looks like he has progressed leaps and bounds , he could really be a stud behind Shady. Expect 2 back sets. Quick, easy routes. Let Shady and Murphy beat your lb all day.

Finally Ivory has looked very solid. Ultimate change of pace from Shady/Murphy and also underrated pass catcher. He's the battering ram but also allows versatility in the scheme.

If these 3 can be the engine of this offense, we are fine. Daboll will have plenty of quick hitters to them, getting them in space. I'm very excited to see what Daboll has cooked up, I think many will be surprised

30 minutes ago, Augie said:

I think it should be a great group. My two biggest questions are: can Shady stay healthy and can Murphy pass protect. 

The problem will be everyone stacked in the box to stop them. 

Why is Shadys health a concern? He's played in 12 + games every year in his career! Since 09 he's never missed more than 4 games, as a #1 workhorse for a majority of those years. He's rare air. I think he can put up numbers close to his MVP year

I know his age. But his running style is rare, unique and will allow him 2-3 elite years in his 30s, he rarely takes a big shot...

25 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

If shady gets hurt, our offense will really struggle. I have hope for Murphy, but he is unproven. I'm not sure how much Ivory has left. But overall, I like this group with a good mix of experience and youth. 

Again, why would Shady get hurt other than bad luck? In his near decade in the league he hasn't missed more than 4 games. He avoids hits, he hasn't lost a step, maybe gained one

Edited by JerseyBills

13 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Why is Shadys health a concern? He's played in 12 + games every year in his career! Since 09 he's never missed more than 4 games, as a #1 workhorse for a majority of those years. He's rare air. I think he can put up numbers close to his MVP year

Well, he’s getting older and RB’s are not the new QB where you can go forever. Quite a few of the games he DID play he was hampered with nagging hamstring injuries. We have a very limited passing threat, so teams can stack the box and focus on smothering Shady.  We have and will continue to rely very heavily on him.

If you’re NOT concerned about losing the lynchpin of your offense under these conditions, you’re far more relaxed about this year than I am. We are a one trick pony until proven otherwise. I’ll worry about that pony. You can do whatever you like. Do you realize that 2009 was a long time ago? I’m praying for the best, but fearing the worst. What will happen? Time will tell. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

The problem with the three-headed monster at RB is, without a downfield passing game, it's extremely hard to run when they put 24-27 in the box.  

hopefully they will be able to execute the passing game well enough to loosen up the defense for the run game. balance is always what they want to achieve. i think it will ultimately come down to how well peterman is running the offense. because we have all seen what shady can do with a little bit of breathing room, and ivory and murphy should definitely be able to compliment that if the other parts of the offense are working well enough.