Judging Beane’s decisions so far

simpleman

It hasn't been all bad but the trend of relying on Carolina retreads coupled with the head-scratching-in-the-moment decisions to trade all our best draft capital for Allen (a QB with very high bust potential) and Edmunds (a LB who might need to make a position switch) is tough to rationalize. Have to wait and see.  

Edited by VW82
  • Like (+1) 1

that depends on what you mean by quality.......I think Kelvin Benjamin is a a quality player

Or are we talking strictly free agents.....because lets remember we are dealing with 50 million in dead cap here.....and how long has beane had for a sample size?  Right now it looks like he is cleaning up former mess and working in antipation of NEXT offseason.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

that depends on what you mean by quality.......I think Kelvin Benjamin is a a quality player

Or are we talking strictly free agents.....because lets remember we are dealing with 50 million in dead cap here.....and how long has beane had for a sample size?  Right now it looks like he is cleaning up former mess and working in antipation of NEXT offseason.

Building through the draft and focusing as much on intelligence and high character as you would talent appears to be the approach McD/Beane are taking. Addition through subtraction in some instances.

Just now, Figster said:

Building through the draft and focusing as much on intelligence and high character as you would talent appears to be the approach McD/Beane are taking. Addition through subtraction in some instances.

That is absolutely what I think as well.....we are biulding the team and mixing in some key free agents with salary cap space...you biuld long term success through the draft.

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Jpsredemption said:

Acquiring draft picks and then lighting them on fire. That goes for McD and Beane. They talk about draft capital and then go ahead and trade picks away.

The more cracks you get the better your odds are. These guys don't seem to understand that.

Exactly, why do we have them when we have real professionals like Jpsredemption that should the GM and coach!

• Haha (+1) 1

I think there's a distinct possibility Shady hits a wall this year, and Murf takes over never to look back.

Shady's carriage is about to turn into a pumpkin.

They'd start Ivory. At best he's a 3rd down back. Again what players are viewed like Poyer, Hyde or White?

Did miss cleo tell you that?

You're applying bias to support your tenuous theory. Murphy looked FAR better than ivory in preseason.

I believe this works both ways. You're applying bias for Murf to be a starter or can't you see that? Maybe miss cleo is telling you as well?

Tre White, Dion Dawkins, Zay Jones, Matt Milano, Josh Allen, Tre Edmunds, Harrison Phillips and now that new punter. That's the list so far. The rest of the trades and signings are place holders and cap $ clearings until next year. A few may stick around for another contract like KB, Poyer and Hyde, but don't count on it. If you don't like those players, which I think is fair, then you probably don't like Beane and McD and you probably won't like what they do with the 65 million they cleared next year.

Having 65 million and spending it wisely are two different things. To this point I can't say I trust Beane to make good signings. His free agents so far look like bad signing. That could change, we'll see.

• Like (+1) 4

Having 65 million and spending it wisely are two different things. To this point I can't say I trust Beane to make good signings. His free agents so far look like bad signing. That could change, we'll see.

You're hopeless, aren't you? Just let me know so I don't waste another few days attempting to reason with you.

:lol:

Seems to me you don't judge yourself the way you judge others. Maybe take your own advice to heart once and a while.

:rolleyes:

Chief, we already had this kind of an argument pre-draft. Remember that? when you INSISTED 3 QB would never be taken in the top 10? You were wrong then too, cuddy.

:rolleyes:

Chief, we already had this kind of an argument pre-draft. Remember that? when you INSISTED 3 QB would never be taken in the top 10? You were wrong then too, cuddy.

Find where I said "Would not be taken in the top 10." Don't misquote me. I said unless teams make stupid trades, which they did. Bills and Cards.

Edited by CuddyDark

I believe most of the pundits and idiots had the QBs going to the Browns, Giants and Bills in the top 3. Which I said would never happen. And it did not.

:lol: weasel words abound.

Find the quote.

I could find where you said the Bills would be much better on offense if they bench Tyrod for Peterman, just before Peterman threw 5ints.

Edited by CuddyDark
  • Haha (+1) 2

I think there's a distinct possibility Shady hits a wall this year, and Murf takes over never to look back.

Shady's carriage is about to turn into a pumpkin.

....think helping Shady would be a Thurmal/Kenneth Davis type tandem with Shady/Murphy........needs all purpose yards like Thurm with plenty of passes out of the backfield....limit him to around 210 carries (has averaged 241 for his career but I think 2017 was 287 which is way too much)...also mix in Ivory for some heavy lifting.....just a thought......

• Like (+1) 2