49ers starting RB Jerrick McKinnon tears ACL in final play of today's practice

Big Turk

1 hour ago, mrags said:

What could we get from them for Shady?

any solid OLmen? Higher draft picks?  LBs? 

Trade shady and roll worh Murphy and Ivory 

Not sure if you are serious, but I would be ok with this. Shady will be long gone before (if) we are relevant again.

8 hours ago, mrags said:

What could we get from them for Shady?

any solid OLmen? Higher draft picks?  LBs? 

Trade shady and roll worh Murphy and Ivory 

Interesting thought. Out offense isn't going anywhere this year and Shady would be a huge asset to Jimmy G.  Got to get a OL starter as part of the deal however.

9 hours ago, whatdrought said:

I wonder about the Shannahan Atlanta connection- I wonder if Tevin Coleman would be in play? 

I think  Coleman  signs there next season  but I could  see the Niners trade for him  now too  

12 hours ago, aceman_16 said:

What a shame.  I tore my ACL in a non contact injury in practice and I never fully recovered (I was a shifty type of RB) .  These stories break my heart. Good luck to the young man!

How long ago was that? Nowadays its pretty much a ho-hum injury you usually come back fine from it just takes a long time to rehab.

8 hours ago, Shotgunner said:

Not sure if you are serious, but I would be ok with this. Shady will be long gone before (if) we are relevant again.

I’m serious because RBs are a dime a dozen. I understand that a Shady is special, but he’s still just a RB. Murphy has looked very good. I’d take a chance on that. 

1 hour ago, Green Lightning said:

Interesting thought. Out offense isn't going anywhere this year and Shady would be a huge asset to Jimmy G.  Got to get a OL starter as part of the deal however.

I’d take a 1st rounder. Or a 2nd and 4th. A OLmen. Any of them would work. 

1 minute ago, mrags said:

I’m serious because RBs are a dime a dozen. I understand that a Shady is special, but he’s still just a RB. Murphy has looked very good. I’d take a chance on that. 

Yeah that is my thought process. I think Shady's big games are past him as well. 

My real concern is that there is NO trade market at all for 30+ RBs on decline. But I was wrong about AJM being tradable, so maybe Shady gets moved.

2 minutes ago, Shotgunner said:

Yeah that is my thought process. I think Shady's big games are past him as well. 

My real concern is that there is NO trade market at all for 30+ RBs on decline. But I was wrong about AJM being tradable, so maybe Shady gets moved.

It all depends on the team that needs a RB. In this case, San Fran has lost their starter. They believe with Jimmy G, they are contenders. They would absolutely give up an early pick if it meant they could continue to compete this season.