Boycott IN-N-OUT

Dante

Starbucks had an increase in sales when Trump suggested they should boycott Starbucks because the red cups didn't have their usual holiday illustrations on it.  Boycotts of fast food chains don't work because the opposite side will make up for whatever sales the chain lost from the other side.  Plus, they're incredibly moronic.  Starbucks coffee sucks by the way.

8 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Even lamer than "Everyone who disagrees with me is an alt-right Nazi!" is the tried-and-true "Everyone who disagrees with me is DC Tom's minion!" comeback.  

It never occurs to you that you're such a flaming moron that even people of diverse opinions contemptuous of each other can still agree on that?

Are you really comparing your minions to nazis?

Just now, Doc Brown said:

Starbucks had an increase in sales when Trump suggested they should boycott Starbucks because the red cups didn't have their usual holiday illustrations on it.  Boycotts of fast food chains don't work because the opposite side will make up for whatever sales the chain lost from the other side.  Plus, they're incredibly moronic.  Starbucks coffee sucks by the way.

The thing is, people can simply not shop at some of these places anymore. Why does it always have to be some sort of movement?

4 minutes ago, Paulus said:

The thing is, people can simply not shop at some of these places anymore. Why does it always have to be some sort of movement?

Starbucks?  Overpriced tar.  There are plenty of superior alternatives.

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

I agree.

Outside of that, there are certainly products which I don't buy because I don't like the politics associated with their producer. 

10 minutes ago, Paulus said:

I agree.

Outside of that, there are certainly products which I don't buy because I don't like the politics associated with their producer. 

I really don't care about a companies politics.  I'll boycott companies that screw over their employees.  I'll order an Uber and then tell the rider to cancel and I'll pay the driver roughly what they would've gotten and Uber's share (plus a tip if they're affable).  

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Starbucks coffee sucks by the way.

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Be careful there Doc.  We've seen Lefties turn on their own for even the slightest infraction of approved Groupthink.

Criticizing Starbucks may be taken as a sign of insufficient wokeness

3 hours ago, Paulus said:

I live on the East Coast so I can't speak to the quality of In-N-Out but as far as some other fast food chains, I can think of more than a few that visiting will result in a movement :D

• Like (+1) 1

Ugggh. This is the **** that gives progressives a bad name.

Of course they are free to donate to candidates as they see fit. Having religious beliefs is not a crime, and if management wants to donate it's their earnings.

What drives me up the wall is the damn stupid double standard of "can a company have a religion?" It apparently is, but somehow we don't get to force them to be circumcised :P

1 hour ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Ugggh. This is the **** that gives progressives a bad name.

Of course they are free to donate to candidates as they see fit. Having religious beliefs is not a crime, and if management wants to donate it's their earnings.

What drives me up the wall is the damn stupid double standard of "can a company have a religion?" It apparently is, but somehow we don't get to force them to be circumcised :P

Christian, not Judaism.  Big difference.

Just now, Chimp said:

Christian, not Judaism.  Big difference.

Oh, so only Christian companies have a religion? :P

Come on boys, obviously Barilla is Pastafarian. BMW is Lutheran. I know I'm stretching the definition, but the NCAA is probably Catholic after all the molestation scandals. 

1 minute ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Oh, so only Christian companies have a religion? :P

Come on boys, obviously Barilla is Pastafarian. BMW is Lutheran. I know I'm stretching the definition, but the NCAA is probably Catholic after all the molestation scandals. 

You equated circumcision with Christianity.  Don't add words to what I typed.

5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

The holiday sale was considered a flop. In China sales were up a lot though (I doubt the Chinese people care about anything Trump says).  

Later sales earnings were up 13% because they raised prices in June, but stores traffic was down 2% (bagged coffee sales were up, however). That must have been some price increase for that high an earnings result vs lower store traffic. Very mixed results, but money-in-pocket is what every corporation cares about.

And I agree, Starbucks coffee is awful.  I do like their chai tea lattes though, but the one I buy every other year isn't going to keep 'em in business. 

I'm not sure boycotts succeed longterm. People forget they are supposed to boycott something based on ... something. They remember they are boycotting because they are personally pissed at a company for bad service/business practices, etc... but political reasons? I have my doubts. 

I'd suspect buycotts have better longterm results providing the new customer likes the new product/service.  

7 minutes ago, Chimp said:

You equated circumcision with Christianity.  Don't add words to what I typed.

Well, that's funny. Because I never said "Christianity". What I said was that I thought that it was stupid that a company, a legal entity created to solely to make money, could have a religion. 

YOU decided somewhere in that farce you call a thought process that having a company be religious meant that it had to be Christian, and therefore circumcision would not be necessary.

8 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Be careful there Doc.  We've seen Lefties turn on their own for even the slightest infraction of approved Groupthink.

Criticizing Starbucks may be taken as a sign of insufficient wokeness

It's small, medium, large or extra large.  Not venti, tall, etc....!@#$.

6 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

The holiday sale was considered a flop. In China sales were up a lot though (I doubt the Chinese people care about anything Trump says).  

Later sales earnings were up 13% because they raised prices in June, but stores traffic was down 2% (bagged coffee sales were up, however). That must have been some price increase for that high an earnings result vs lower store traffic. Very mixed results, but money-in-pocket is what every corporation cares about.

And I agree, Starbucks coffee is awful.  I do like their chai tea lattes though, but the one I buy every other year isn't going to keep 'em in business. 

I'm not sure boycotts succeed longterm. People forget they are supposed to boycott something based on ... something. They remember they are boycotting because they are personally pissed at a company for bad service/business practices, etc... but political reasons? I have my doubts. 

I'd suspect buycotts have better longterm results providing the new customer likes the new product/service.  

I was talking about the 2015 boycott.  How many fricken times do they boycott Starbucks?

14 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Well, that's funny. Because I never said "Christianity". What I said was that I thought that it was stupid that a company, a legal entity created to solely to make money, could have a religion. 

YOU decided somewhere in that farce you call a thought process that having a company be religious meant that it had to be Christian, and therefore circumcision would not be necessary.

It's called logic.  The thread is In n Out Burger, founded by a Christian.  One might logically conclude that when you said "they" that you were referring to in n out.  If not, my bad.  Lighten up man.  That's what gives progressives a bad name...anger

• Like (+1) 1

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 6:36 PM, KD in CA said:

Just got back from In N Out.....de-licious.  Kids loved it.

And now I know eating there pisses off wack-a-doodles like #34moron so it's even more enjoyable.

I'm sure the kids enjoyed watching you get ripped off...  Next time take 'em to Chick-fil-'A.

1 hour ago, /dev/null said:

Your concept of comparative size reflects an acceptance of Judeo-Christian Heternormative European Cis-Male dominance

okay, now my brain hurts

Sure, it is that. But at least he didn’t play the metrics standard card. 

10 hours ago, Chimp said:

It's called logic.  The thread is In n Out Burger, founded by a Christian.  One might logically conclude that when you said "they" that you were referring to in n out.  If not, my bad.  Lighten up man.  That's what gives progressives a bad name...anger

Oh, I'm not angry. Just calling you out on your bull. 

I'm guessing you assumed it was Christian because it's those whacknuts who like to throw little shitfit temper tantrums about how "oppressed" they are. They even got themselves a precious little task force to protect their ability to be dicks to people they don't like. lulz 

9 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

And hypocrisy. Lots and lots of hypocrisy.

Don't you have to get back for calling for a Supreme Court justice nomination to be held up because we are right before an election?

29 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Oh, I'm not angry. Just calling you out on your bull. 

I'm guessing you assumed it was Christian because it's those whacknuts who like to throw little shitfit temper tantrums about how "oppressed" they are. They even got themselves a precious little task force to protect their ability to be dicks to people they don't like. lulz 

Don't you have to get back for calling for a Supreme Court justice nomination to be held up because we are right before an election?

As it often happens, a newbie comes down here, strikes out and then can't even state their position with the proper use of our language.