Seattle to release OT Chris Terry

If memory serves me well, he's a very good T when healthy. His 2005 salary is $3 million. Based health status he could be a good bargain. I'm late for work and got to go. If somebody could offer an insight on him and his status it would be greatly appreciated.

There's already a logjam at OT. Only signings or draftings I see would come in the interior.

Then again, this admin. only seems to sign guys who can play multiple/every position(s) on the line. There's nothing inherently wrong w/ this, but it'd be nice to have one guy where you can say, 'John Doe is the Center' like w/ Kent Hull. Have one position where they devote all their time to rather than being a jerk of all trades, master of few.

Terry is a very talented player but i think he has weight/character issues. The Pantheres released him bc hes a jerk and the seahawks had a few problems with him as well but he is a versatile player who i think has played both Tackle positions and Center in the NFL if im not mistaken.

Offensive lineman Terry suspended

NFL.com wire reports

SEATTLE (Sept. 1, 2003) -- Seattle Seahawks offensive lineman Chris Terry was suspended for the team's first four games for violating the NFL substance abuse and personal conduct policies.

An NFL steatement said Terry also was fined an additional five game checks. He is eligible to return to the Seahawks' active roster on Oct. 6.

In February, Terry agreed to undergo counseling and perform community service as part of a deal to defer prosecution of a charge he shoved his wife into a wall during an argument last summer.

The Carolina Panthers released Terry in November after he failed to show up for a court appearance on the charge. He was signed off waivers by Seattle.

AP NEWS

The Associated Press News Service