peterman will start, always the plan

JMO but it seems pretty obvious that NP will start vs the Ravens. He's clearly been the best of the three QBs this preseason and gives the team the best chance of winning. I don't know when the announcement will be made, maybe the Bills want to keep the opposition guessing, but Peterman should be getting the great majority of first team reps from here on in.

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Based on a single series against a 1st team defense in week 1 of preseason?

Based on every time he has ever played for the Bills. He gets the back out very fast. Never holds it. Maybe that has been a fault at times, but he gets the ball out faster then Allen. I don’t know how anyone can even argue that.

Any reason why the OP's comments couldn't have been added to the 90 page thread discussing the fact that Peterman will start Game 1 in Baltimore? 

And for F's sake, try to use paragraphs in your writing. 

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Any reason why the OP's comments couldn't have been added to the 90 page thread discussing the fact that Peterman will start Game 1 in Baltimore? 

And for F's sake, try to use paragraphs in your writing. 

Any reason mods haven't ip traced him yet?

He's a new account, probably recently banned on a different one, who seems to be gungho about things.

He reminds me of somebody here.

Someone who used to go to high end business meetings.

Edited by SouthNYfan

This insanity has to stop and stop now! How the hell am I supposed to be able to focus on the fine print of the purchase agreement I'm about to sign for 120 acres of land near Letchworth State Park. Nate's over here with me and he just advised me he also bought 97 acres adjacent to the property I've purchased. When Allen is named the starter and there's no hope for Nate to ever be the starter again, he's quitting football and we're joining forces to open the baddest parking lot you've ever seen. It's right across the street from a large chunk of land that was bought by PSE LLC whatever the hell that is. We've got a call in to AJ because there's still land nearby to buy. So far he hasn't responded but we anticipate he will call after he talks things over with Katherine and they connect the dots. You heard it here first. Now stop this nonsense and let me finish my purchase.

• Haha (+1) 2

Hopefully everyone had a great day and had true reflection on the state of football in Buffalo.  Reading the threads during the game yesterday, I truly felt empathy toward the fan base here.  I know the authors of the many comments from misguided and over jealous legion of true Bills fans. My hat is tipped toward each of you but we must understand our long- term strategy as an organization.  The coaching staff and front office must address the fan base with a win now mentality. This is a business and they have to sell tickets. It is a blue collar fan base not filled with millionaire like other locales. With that said, McDermott and Beane have a long term strategy and the Beane’s first goals was to acquire a fanchise quarterback.  Anyone that paid attention to rumblings from obd , that could connect reference points, knew Allen was there quarterback. As revealed in October from back channels, the number one pick circled on their draft board was Josh Allen. That is why the lead up to the draft was so anti climatic to me but I throughly enjoyed the hundreds of posts on board about what quarterback we would chose.  Next we knew (I hope you need) Dennison was done and despite all the hype surrounding our next c would be, the reference points all pointed south to Alabama which also came from New England.  Brian Daboll was mentioned on this site but the author was shamelessly ridiculed but we made the same choice.We did offer Mike Tice the offensive line, too bad he turned us down.  That would have been huge! This will be addressed before the end of year. Castillo will be gone.  But as you can see, we have two major pieces in place.  Quarterback and offensive coordinator. We drafted our middle linebacker and next year, we will add the center.  We must be strong up the middle.  I think that is enough to digest for tonight but I will continue to add commentary on our long term strategy.

Beane took a chance on on the maligned corner from Indy, on very short line.  Look for Phillip Gaines to be there shortly.  Bad idea in locker room too.  

Terry and Kim are such astute business people:  I don’t buy their stadium press releases 

3 hours ago, TigerJ said:

Post the third preseason game, it's pretty reasonable to argue that Peterman will be the starter at Baltimore.  That would be my prediction as well.  I'm not so arrogant as to argue that it is anything more than an opinion though.  The know-it-all arrogance of some posters seems to know no bounds.  

Tiger your analysis is correct, don’t be shy

Edited by The Final Word

5 minutes ago, The Final Word said:

Hopefully everyone had a great day and had true reflection on the state of football in Buffalo.  Reading the threads during the game yesterday, I truly felt empathy toward the fan base here.  I know the authors of the many comments from misguided and over jealous legion of true Bills fans. My hat is tipped toward each of you but we must understand our long- term strategy as an organization.  The coaching staff and front office must address the fan base with a win now mentality. This is a business and they have to sell tickets. It is a blue collar fan base not filled with millionaire like other locales. With that said, McDermott and Beane have a long term strategy and the Beane’s first goals was to acquire a fanchise quarterback.  Anyone that paid attention to rumblings from obd , that could connect reference points, knew Allen was there quarterback. As revealed in October from back channels, the number one pick circled on their draft board was Josh Allen. That is why the lead up to the draft was so anti climatic to me but I throughly enjoyed the hundreds of posts on board about what quarterback we would chose.  Next we knew (I hope you need) Dennison was done and despite all the hype surrounding our next c would be, the reference points all pointed south to Alabama which also came from New England.  Brian Daboll was mentioned on this site but the author was shamelessly ridiculed but we made the same choice.We did offer Mike Tice the offensive line, too bad he turned us down.  That would have been huge! This will be addressed before the end of year. Castillo will be gone.  But as you can see, we have two major pieces in place.  Quarterback and offensive coordinator. We drafted our middle linebacker and next year, we will add the center.  We must be strong up the middle.  I think that is enough to digest for tonight but I will continue to add commentary on our long term strategy.

Beane took a chance on on the maligned corner from Indy, on very short line.  Look for Phillip Gaines to be there shortly.  Bad idea in locker room too.  

Terry and Kim are such astute business people:  I don’t buy their stadium press releases 

Its funny how you seem to edit every post, however they still look like something written by a child. 

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Based on every time he has ever played for the Bills. He gets the back out very fast. Never holds it. Maybe that has been a fault at times, but he gets the ball out faster then Allen. I don’t know how anyone can even argue that.

When you have to bring down the ball and run, the "release time" clock is still ticking.  That will affect the average release time. When you are playing against the other team's backups and see little pressure, it's easier to get rid of the ball to your first option in your progression.

Not sure how anyone can even argue that.

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

When you have to bring down the ball and run, the "release time" clock is still ticking.  That will affect the average release time. When you are playing against the other team's backups and see little pressure, it's easier to get rid of the ball to your first option in your progression.

Not sure how anyone can even argue that.

That is a true statement but peterman had good games against number one defenses this preseason he is going to start.  Will be announced shortly or I am not the final word.

Edited by The Final Word
  • Haha (+1) 1

Did you notice how as soon as McCarron was injured everyone's voice got a little higher around here when talking about the QB competition?

Allen is the exciting rookie with a rocket arm that the team traded up for. Peterman is a guy we know who is trying to complete a redemption story. McCarron is just a whoever who won't be on the team in a year or two pretty much no matter what. If he is named the starter (which he will be IMO) his days are numbered the moment he steps on the field. It's just until whenever Allen is ready. In other words, a total waste of time.

Peterman brings you the potential for a redemption story, which is interesting at least. If he is at least so-so we could have a 15 year backup QB. If he turns out to be a Kirk Cousins situation then that's another win. If he flames out and self destructs at least he had a real shot. There's intrigue there. There's a story worth watching if Peterman plays.

There is literally nothing interesting about McCarron being the starting QB. But he will be. You can take that to the bank.

2 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Bad JuJu to start a new thread during the game.

I appreciate your comment but I felt compelled to address the issue.

9 minutes ago, MarkAF43 said:

Don, when will all of the land I bought pay off? I've got bills to pay. 

Are you talking to me?  

1 minute ago, The Final Word said:

That is a true statement but peterman had good games against number one defenses this preseason he is going to start.  Will be announced shortly or I am not the final word.

Youre not the final word. You're Dunkirk don. Get over yourself. 

1 minute ago, The Final Word said:

I appreciate your comment but I felt compelled to address the issue.

Are you talking to me?  

Did you forget your name don?

Mark, I can assure you I am not Dunkirk don, I live in Ohio I have done some research from veterans on the board and can assure you i am not but thanks for the comparison I heard he was pretty remarkable with his insight knowledge.  The only time I come back to wny is to deer hunt in a very small town

9 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Did you notice how as soon as McCarron was injured everyone's voice got a little higher around here when talking about the QB competition?

Allen is the exciting rookie with a rocket arm that the team traded up for. Peterman is a guy we know who is trying to complete a redemption story. McCarron is just a whoever who won't be on the team in a year or two pretty much no matter what. If he is named the starter (which he will be IMO) his days are numbered the moment he steps on the field. It's just until whenever Allen is ready. In other words, a total waste of time.

Peterman brings you the potential for a redemption story, which is interesting at least. If he is at least so-so we could have a 15 year backup QB. If he turns out to be a Kirk Cousins situation then that's another win. If he flames out and self destructs at least he had a real shot. There's intrigue there. There's a story worth watching if Peterman plays.

There is literally nothing interesting about McCarron being the starting QB. But he will be. You can take that to the bank.

From my understanding and from people in the know, AJ is McDermott and Daboll pick.   The problem is the right shoulder.  If AJ doesn’t hurt, he is the game one starter and still maybe.  If he cannot go, peterman gets the call.  

17 minutes ago, The Final Word said:

You (and others) are making this up.  He started for 2 series in game one.  First drive, a TD.  Second drive, a pick.

Game 2 he was the #3 QB.  Came in halfway through the 3rd Q.

Game 3, he came in the second half to mop up against the scrubs.