WGR: Bennie Anderson to visit today

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A true free agent success story, Anderson has started 44 games since signing with the Ravens as a free agent in 2001...Physically gifted player with good hands...Started 15 regular season games and the Wild Card loss at right guard in 2003...Helped pave the way for Jamal Lewis to rush for a franchise-record 2,066 yards, the second-highest-total in NFL history (Eric Dickerson - 2,105 in 1984)...Big, strong lineman who was one of three offensive players (OT Jonathan Ogden and TE Todd Heap) to start all 16 games in 2002...Worked his way from a free agent in 2001, to a mainstay on the right side of the offensive line...Played for the XFL’s Chicago Enforcers in 2001.

XFL huh?

To me Benny Anderson sounds an awful lot like Villyman.....

That is ok by me....

Come on TD....bring in Freddie Jones as well

279378[/snapback]

Actually, DeMulling sounded like a Villy clone. Anderson is far bigger and moves the pile, from everything I'm reading.

If TD low balls everyone, why did the Bills have almost no money under the cap until they released Prioleau?  Anderson sounds like the kind of guy McNally likes to coach.

279032[/snapback]

Uh, we're not the least bit interested in facts here on the rollercoaster. Move along. Nothing to see here.

I think it's starting to become clear what type of line we are trying to develop. We appear to have passed on DeMulling because he's a pass blocker and now we are showing interest in Anderson who is a roadgrater. He would be pair with Chris V at the guard spot who is also a smash mouth player. Mike Williams is also a run blocker and if we get L.J Shelton he is a run blocker as well.

Willis is going to run wild this year.if we bring in Anderson and Shelton.

A true free agent success story, Anderson has started 44 games since signing with the Ravens as a free agent in 2001...Physically gifted player with good hands...Started 15 regular season games and the Wild Card loss at right guard in 2003...Helped pave the way for Jamal Lewis to rush for a franchise-record 2,066 yards, the second-highest-total in NFL history (Eric Dickerson - 2,105 in 1984)...Big, strong lineman who was one of three offensive players (OT Jonathan Ogden and TE Todd Heap) to start all 16 games in 2002...Worked his way from a free agent in 2001, to a mainstay on the right side of the offensive line...Played for the XFL’s Chicago Enforcers in 2001.

XFL huh?

279396[/snapback]

HE HATE ME!

Hey NFL - Bring back the "Face-Off" instead of the coin toss :-)

While you're at it, bring back the 95 man roster, to make up for the numerous injuries bound to occur when opening game pileups are the norm.

279620[/snapback]

Pileups on the 95 ? Don't remind me of the Beltway. I hated that.

Exactly.  A post on the ravens board said, in reference to the Keydrick Vincent signing, that he "replaces the worst offensive lineman" on the team.

279037[/snapback]

You could have come to this board three months ago and read that Willis McGahee is injury prone. :huh:

So with 3 pages and counting of Bennie love, does anybody actually have real confirmation he is here or coming here? BB.com has nothing still and nobody else is reporting it either. Are we basing all of this off of what one guy may have heard on WGR, or is there some proof in the puddin?

279850[/snapback]

Len P reported it in his Tip Sheet this afternoon as well.

I think the Bills are definitely looking at the best available OL player in the 2nd round this year. Not knowing yet who that player is and what position he'll play hurts Anderson's chances of signing here, as he's one-dimensional and not versatile. No sense in signing him yet if he'll only end up a reserve OG...maybe after the draft.