WGR: Bennie Anderson to visit today

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is "according to Anderson's agent".  WGR also reported that the Bills had conversations with Arizona TE Freddie Jones, but Jones felt the Bills were looking more for a blocking TE.

278947[/snapback]

A big man--who has been a starter for the Ravens since day one...

Bennie Anderson

2004 Scouting Report - Football Scouts Inc.

Name: Bennie Anderson

Position: Offensive Guard

Grade: 70 | Key

Alert: None

Comment:

Anderson has very good overall size and is an interior mauler. Has great size and is capable of wearing defenders down over the course of the game. In pass protection, he shows good awareness, does a nice job of recognizing the blitz and flashes the ability to pick up line stunts. Has a wide frame and uses his arms to force pass rushers to take a wider angle to the quarterback. However, Anderson has very little range and he needs to lose some weight to improve his mobility. He lacks the quickness to be effective on pulls or traps, doesn't show the ability to change directions quickly and is a liability in space. Lacks an explosive first step and will need help when working against one-gap pass rushers. Overall, Anderson has gone from a marginal starter that needed to be upgraded to an adequate starter on the rise.

Bennie is a roadgrader type that was part of Jamals 2k plus season!!! I was hoping we would bring him in for talks.

But watch out if he leaves without a deal because that will mean he has officially been lowballed by TD and Co!!! :doh:

Actually Anderson gets lots of starts but he I don't think has ever been officially the starter. He is the backup at both guard spots and therefore plays a lot. He is great in run blocking, and I think gets knocked in pass blocking because it isn't as good as his run blocking. But he rarely gets beat even in the passing game.

Now we're talking guards. This is the first name I've heard that is a good fit for our offense and should also fit the Bills budget.

Actually Anderson gets lots of starts but he I don't think has ever been officially the starter.

You sure about that VA? I thought he'd been the starter at RG for 3,4,5 years now, or at least has been every time I've seen the Ravens.

Checking #'s now and he's started 56 games over the last 4 years, including 16 starts in 2002 and 15 starts in 2003. That averages out to 14 starts/year over a 4 year period, which would be highly unusual for a guy who wasn't the starter. If Mulitalo(sp?) is at LG, who's supposedly at RG in front of Anderson?

Cya

Now we're talking guards. This is the first name I've heard that is a good fit for our offense and should also fit the Bills budget.

You sure about that VA? I thought he'd been the starter at RG for 3,4,5 years now, or at least has been every time I've seen the Ravens.

Checking #'s now and he's started 56 games over the last 4 years, including 16 starts in 2002 and 15 starts in 2003. That averages out to 14 starts/year over a 4 year period, which would be highly unusual for a guy who wasn't the starter. If Mulitalo(sp?) is at LG, who's supposedly at RG in front of Anderson?

Cya

279013[/snapback]

He was the starting guard for a 2,000 yard rusher. Thats all the info I need.

Bennie Anderson is a much better fit for what the Bills want to do on offence... Road grader!

Also, I think McNally prefers having huge lineman at the OG spot... but I can't remember where I've seen him say that...

Anyway, we'll just have to wait and see!

Later,

Pat